PLEASE READ BEFORE MESSAGING ME:
- I wrote this site, but that does not mean I am an active user.
- As such, I get tons of random messages and rarely check them. I DO NOT READ ALL OF MY MESSAGES. There are too many of them. If you send a message to me, there is ONLY a 40% chance I will respond. It doesn't matter if you send me a message with the meaning of life enclosed in the message body. Chances are I will not see it.
- My inactivity also means I have no idea of what politics and drama is going on in the community. I follow about 8 threads in the forum and that is it.
- No, I will not un-ban you. The mod's decision is final.
- No, I will not mediate personal quarrels/drama. I will only get involved if you have received threats.
- If you are being spammed or see someone spamming, please use the troll report thread in the Site Info category in the forum.
- If you have an issue with your account (aside from it being banned), please message a moderator. If it's something they don't have the authority to access/change, then they will message me directly. I read messages from other moderators.
- Generally, I deal with technical issues, not social issues. That is what the appointed moderators are for. If there is a bug, please create a thread in the Features/Bug Report category in the forum. I do read that forum category. If there is a SERIOUS bug where private information is leaking, then do not open a thread and instead message me directly ASAP but please make sure you put PRIVACY BUG in the subject line so I don't de-prioritize reading it and ignore it.
- And, for the love of god, please please do not message me if you have not read the FAQ yet. FAQ stands for "Frequently Asked Questions". That means, statisically there is a good chance your issue is covered in the FAQ.
I am Blake O'Hare.
I created Two Cans & String and Nerd Paradise
I also run
- blakeohare.com - my site where I post random crap
- gamelight.org - GameLight is a game development SDK for Silverlight that I created because Flash desperately needs a competitor in the casual browser games market.
- asdfjklsemicolon.com - I'm 120,000 messages behind in my replies. Please be patient.
I also invented the alternate time system used on this site.
No, I will not get rid of it.
Alternate calendar systems fail because no one commits to using them. So this is an experiment to see if it will catch on if others are forced to learn and apply an alternate calendar/time system.
- I can sneeze with my eyes open.
- I can solve a 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube in 32 seconds.
- I can solve NxNxN Rubik's Cubes given enough time. If you wish, you can sit through a solving session of a 7x7x7 cube with me explaning how to solve one: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4665833909480262712
- I have synesthesia
- I once wrote a fully functional forum in 964 bytes of PHP code, including the code required to initialize the MySQL tables to the database. No, it's not the forum used on this site.
- I've memorized 300 digits of pi.
- I can fly. Sometimes.
I have twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/blakeohare
So does my cat: http://twitter.com/#!/meowmeowimacow
So does Nerd Paradise: http://twitter.com/#!/NerdParadise
I also periodically post to Google+ when I feel the need to say more than 140 characters: https://plus.google.com/102685047940239593732/posts
53 users online right now 1 is asking questions, 1 is answering questions, 12 are checking their messages, 4 are on the forum, 35 are doing something else 51800 users registered, 11526452 messages sent The current time is 13 Vigeo 12:4 - 15.0.76what is this?