ForumSite Announcements ► Skip and Save buttons
I've gotten rid of the skip-forever and skip-for-now.

Previous behavior:
  • Skip forever --> You will never see the question ever again and you'll never be able to answer it
  • Skip for now --> This button did nothing other than reload the contents of the page.

New behavior
  • Skip --> You will never see the question ever again and you'll never be able to answer it
  • Save --> You will never see the question ever again randomly pop up, but it'll appear in your "Saved Questions" list and so you can answer it at your leisure.

Haha nice. Thanks.

Edit: Excuse me, but what happens to questions that are reposted or go down?

Questions don't go down. They just get removed from the pile that the Answer page randomly pulls from, so it's not related.

For example, you can still receive answers to questions that are pinned to your profile long after it was removed from the active pile.

Now you can still receive answers to questions that were pinned to someone's saved questions list.

This is a really welcome change. Now I feel like I don't need to reserve Skip Forever for the ones I *really* don't like.

Notable bug: If you save a question and it's deleted you can't remove it without some JS shenanigans.

I saved question 2112762 to come back to later, but it was deleted. So I had to put a JS breakpoint at line 71 of qa_answer.js, and modify the value of ctx.activeQuestionId mid function execution in order to remove it from my saved queue.

I like that there's the option to save but I also wish there was still the option to not answer but leave it up to RNG to see it again. I also used to click "skip for now" a lot and I don't like building up a list.

The list items will expire after 7 days.

Will they be added back to the pool after they expire?

I just think that so long as the question is active, unless you skip forever, you should be able to see it somehow.

Eric-616 said:
I like that there's the option to save but I also wish there was still the option to not answer but leave it up to RNG to see it again. I also used to click "skip for now" a lot and I don't like building up a list.

I think you can do that by clicking on "Answer" up top.

I guess you could do that. I just miss the "skip for now" button :(

Refreshing the page is just not the same!
But I'll get used to it.

I think I'm unlikely to ever check the Saved Questions queue, so for me it's kind of like there are just two "skip forever" buttons now. I'd also prefer if saved questions went back into the answer pool after seven days (if that's not already the behavior of expired saved questions).

Forum > Site Announcements > Skip and Save buttons