ForumSite Announcements ► Cabin Fever TwoCans Games
I also posted essentially the same thing in the QA if you like clicking on poll buttons: Question #2114936

Given that we're all cooped up at home with our laptops I decided to take a little break from working on the mobile app and instead do something that might help in a more relevant way.

I'm going to re-focus on the Games page and create a multiplayer game or game-like thing. I'm leaning towards implementing a clone of a well-known party game like Uno or Trivial Pursuit. I've also made a walking simulator in the past and would like to give it a try again.

For the next day or so I'm going to dust off the TwoCans Crayon cloud compiler and get that working again and then a few days after that, I'm going to work on multiplayer API's to build all this.

That means you have a few days to get game suggestions in or let me know if you have a preference of what would seem most entertaining place to start!

To be clear : the cloud compiler will also be fixed so that games we're working on can be uploaded?

Yup!

Excellent!

Ialso think that a chat room, text or otherwise could be implemented. For Instance, you could choose people from your messages and make a group chat with them.
Never mind I'm dumb.

I know we did things like Secret Hitler in forum games before, and since it’s under a Creative Commons license it should be free to redistribute, provided it’s not for profit.

That game takes about the same length as Trivial Pursuit, I would imagine

Games like Resistance or Ticket to Ride would be fun!

This is dumb, but a small version of rollercoaster tycoon could be interesting.

adsfjlk; said:

Though that would dash the purpose of it being a multiplayer game a little, no?

I second the idea of a Ticket To Ride online game, always found it fun with friends And I would totally play 'Twockit Two Ride'

Kylljoy said:
adsfjlk; said:

Though that would dash the purpose of it being a multiplayer game a little, no?

Oh, no, I just think it would be neat.

Siiiick. Will the multiplayer API be public then or not yet?

At first it won't be.

Then I'll make 2-3 simple games to stabilize it.

Then it will be.

Very cool. 😃

Will leaderboards be possible?

Possible: yes.

Not something I'm going to get to soon, though.

An update on this: Getting the TwoCans Crayon compiler pipeline running in a sustainable way that won't make me compelled to take it down is proving to take longer than expected, however, I am now done and am in the process of converting all the existing games over (if you submitted a game in the past, you've received some pull requests from me, and if your name is Hydrogen777, you'll receive several more tomorrow). Once that's done, I'll release the new developer dashboard and you'll be able to submit games again, at which point I'll start working on the multiplayer API.

Also, I did fix the Space Squirrel bug about a year and a half ago and its persistence has just been a matter of getting this compiler pipeline back online, so that fix will finally propagate and you can finally see the ending.

The new games page is now released.

This includes a new developer dashboard as well, located at twocansandstring.com/dev.

The primary difference is you now submit git repositories when you create a project instead of zip files and each time you want to release a new version, you just push a button that syncs changes. This should make the process less painful for everyone.

New documentation coming out soon.

Are the < crayon> tagged arcade posts broken for anyone else? They are just showing a "page not found" page nested where the game used to be. I think this update may have something to do with it.

Eric-616 said:
Are the < crayon> tagged arcade posts broken for anyone else? They are just showing a "page not found" page nested where the game used to be. I think this update may have something to do with it.

Sorry about that! [FIXED]'d

Where would I find the games? Just curious :)
Have a great day/night! <3

The Arcade is in the 'Games' link in the top right corner of the page

The multiplayer game isn't out yet I don't think, but the single player ones are all available in the convenient "games" page

edit: ninja'd (2020 edition)

Forum > Site Announcements > Cabin Fever TwoCans Games