ForumSite Announcements ► Text Formatting Buttons
Does anyone actually use the buttons to insert text formatting features for forum posts or do you generally type them in directly?

I occasionally use them.

I, for one, use the buttons, because I'm a scrub.

scrub?

Get hip with the jive slang, Blake.

**skrub

I typically use them because I can't be assed to remember how to type each out.

I use them because it's faster and I'm lazy

I know the sup one because I use it for most of my wish corruptions but that's all

Skrublet here

I use the strikethrough button a lot when marking flagged questions as checked.

Seems like the collective answer is "yes".

^

Blake said:
Does anyone actually use the buttons to insert text formatting features for forum posts or do you generally type them in directly?
Do I press the strike through button or do I sit and type "< s >bluhblah< /s >" (I put spaces for obvious reason)? Cause I'll type it out with strikethrough, bold, italicizing, subscripts and superscripts, and underlining on most websites. With links and quotes, usually not ever.

Or did you mean, do we use those features at all?

You'd been talking bout changing away from that and making it simpler, though, right? like _bluhblah_ for underlining and *bluhblah* for bolding. That would be way easier than pressing buttons and honestly even easier than shift plus comma and shift plus period. IMO, ya know? I'm complacent.

Just sayin'. Also I wrote the link tag by hand.

[spam removed]
Blake said:

[spam removed]

A Necromancer Text-Formatting Bot. They're getting smarter.

Not by much, mind you. I still find that essay-writing hive-mind to be pretty impressive, but they do seem to be evolving. How long until they're classified as a sentient species?

Yo, I saw this exact same bot post a public question. What maniac is designing bots that can use all the site features?

Forum > Site Announcements > Text Formatting Buttons