ForumArcade ► Eric's Poopy "Game"?
Foom

I don't think I'm allowed to post to the arcade section so here it is.

Also since the Two Cans API thing doesn't let you use the Audio library I thought I'd put a link to the soundtrack here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG2HwH1JkAI

Simple but fun, I like it. Good job. 👍

O hey, yeah this is probs gonna be moved to arcade

Repost this in Arcade Eric! I'm sure Blake wouldn't mind!

It's up to the mods to move it. The arcade section is locked for admins as far as I know.

Oh geez I beat normal...this is cave story hard lol

Is it too easy? I was thinking of varying the fireball speeds so dodging them was less predictable. It might generate situation which are impossible to avoid though.

Hard mode is pretty much impossible for me. easy mode is too easy. I'd say normal should be on hard and there needs to be something in between easy and normal. Hard mode should be called Challenging. Maybe you could add an impossible mode too.

Also, the bullets should recharge slower than they are depleted, if you spam z you can fire forever.

And maybe you could make the shotgun spread a little wider, its kinda insignificant compared to the machine gun and uses more ammo

And maybe you could make the shotgun spread a little wider, its kinda insignificant compared to the machine gun and uses more ammo

Also, the bullets should recharge slower than they are depleted, if you spam z you can fire forever.

A shotgun has more range that what's here, and this one doesn't do much damage compared to the automatic fire, so it's actually underpowered and doesn't need a pellet spread nerf.

I think a better implementation to reduce fire spam would be a recharge delay, rather than slowing it down. It would be annoying to deplete your ammo and wait ten seconds for it to recharge, I'd rather wait about two seconds for it to replenish all of it. It would still make spam an obsolete strategy, and would compensate for the terribleness of the shotgun.

Some personal gripes I have is a lack of any environment. It'd be nice to have some platforms to jump onto, and to have the perspective more distant or "zoomed out".

Eric-616 said:
The arcade section is locked for admins as far as I know.
Poppycock!

Seconded the request for more terrain. Also, what about making hard mode slower but with more bullets in different directions? That would turn it into more of a bullet hell game. Right now the optimal strategy seems to be to jump back and forth between the highest and second-highest platforms. If the bullet patterns were more varied, it could encourage making use of more terrain.

Also, it would be nice to see the boss's remaining health on the game-over screen. I don't have time to look at the health bar on hard mode, but I want to know how close I got!

Also, phew, just beat hard mode. My entire visual field is drifting slowly to the right. @_@

Holy crap, good job!

Eric-616 said:
I don't think I'm allowed to post to the arcade section
You are! That's my bad, I forgot to enable non-admin posts and never noticed because Hydrogen is an admin.

Eric-616 said:
Also since the Two Cans API thing doesn't let you use the Audio library
It does! Just import Audio directly and use it directly.

OMG I beat hard difficulty! It took me three days to do it.

v2 Changelog
Increased shotgun projectile velocity and spread (bullets should spread as far as they did before but move faster).
Shotgun now only takes 50 charge per shot, giving it a second shot from a full meter.
Reworked shooting delays and recharging to include a recharge delay.
Gun charge no longer scales with difficulty.
Difficulty now scales exponentially. The main change is that normal should be easier.
You can now select difficulties 1-9 with 3 being the last "canon" difficulty. No guarantee that anything higher is balanced or working.
Fireball speed is now slightly randomised making dodging less predictable.
Added a small platform to increase movement options to compensate.
Pressing "Q" in game returns to main menu.

I think that's about it; thanks for the suggestions everyone. If you thought hard was hard before try it again now.

Dear god, level 9...

I love it!

Maybe you could add a sniper weapon as well. In contrast to the shotgun, it fires a bullet with higher damage, yet you have to be accurate with it as it only fires one projectile. You could also lower the damage of the machine gun a bit.

I still haven't beaten level 3. 😢

Same. GG help. I'll try again tomorrow

I BEAT UPDATED LEVEL 3. I've never felt a greater sense of pride and accomplishment.

time for level 0

you should make a mode where a bot plays the game for you. I want to see it beat lvl 9

maybe add a timer, i like seeing how long I can survive without shooting

Forum > Arcade > Eric's Poopy "Game"?