ForumArcade ► Game Ideas
My current project (a large-ish scale iso RPG) is taking its sweet time in a development cycle, so while I chip away at getting something close to resembling a game engine for it working, I figure I could work on smaller games during this time, both to make sure I can increase my proficiency in Crayon (I routinely forget function names and args, I'm a C++/Java native), and to maybe increase the population of the arcade.

Feel free to put your ideas for minigames/game ports you would like to see here. I (or other Crayon developers, free market here) could use the help sourcing ideas for games. Ideally something that could be simplistically made in four days or less (in terms of complexity, your average mobile game or arcade game).

I would love to see an endless runner game. Sort of like Twoodle Jump, but maybe with more gameplay mechanics. Think something like Canabalt?

Hey, I edited this post because it was a dumb idea and didn't want the world to see my stupidity. Go ahead and move along :)

@DatBoi9726,

how about Atari Boxing?

mayhaps a side scrolling platformer.

Re-build RUN 3 to function in TC&S. There are no other options.

Good idea.

Bad Piggies clone or a flight sim

How about one of those games where you shoot the character out a cannon/catapult and gradually upgrade stuff?

adsfjlk; said:
mayhaps a side scrolling platformer.

yes that would be cool

what about a TCAS election simulator game

I would love to see an endless runner game. Sort of like Twoodle Jump, but maybe with more gameplay mechanics. Think something like Canabalt?

e-bag said:
Re-build RUN 3 to function in TC&S. There are no other options.

I am merging these requests and building something more akin to Temple Run or Subway Surfers. Mostly because it's actually easier than 2D stuff and also because I need an excuse to test out my new 3D library for crayon / hammer out some bugs in it.

Please don't ask how I've written a 3D library in a 2D language. Four months of on-and-off swearing and hair pulling, that's how.

Forum > Arcade > Game Ideas