ForumSite Feature Requests ► 'New Posts'
Using the Back button from inside a thread used to re-request the thread list page, clearing the New Posts flag. Now I have to manually refresh.

Chrome mobile.

Same for the new-post count on the main Forum page.

I think that is a generic problem with dynamic pages. I would generally like "back" in the browser to return to exactly where I was rather than a refreshed instance, but that's not the way the web works these days.

Another instance - when a question contains a link and I go there (forgetting to open in a new tab), I can't then return to the question to comment on the link.

I think you're describing the way it used to work, DIAV. The back button now actually takes you to where you were before, for both posts and questions.

I think I like it the new way.

Ooh, so it does! Excellent. I like it too.

I guess my defensive habits have been good recently, I didn't spot the change.

Learned helplessness.

I think you're describing the way it used to work, DIAV. The back button now actually takes you to where you were before, for both posts and questions.

I think I like it the new way.
Wait with questions too? That’s not working on my end.

Well, partly. If you click away from Answer and then go back, you should be on the last question you were looking at. But answering or clicking Answer while on the Answer page doesn't add to the page history.