ForumSite Feature Requests ► Search
I think you could be able to search for usernames, and not have to go through a bunch of forums to find someone.

If you know their username, you can just do https://twocansandstring.com/users/*username*

no i meant like something like if I search "thedag," then it will come up with all users that have "thedag" in their name

For a social platform that would be very useful, but right now a large part of this website is purposefully anti-social in the fact that it's anonymous. You're not really meant to 'find' people. It'd be nice to look up people you remember. I'm not sure if being able to pull a list of users based on their username would be very in line with the anonymous aspect.
Then again I am neither moderator nor webmaster, so my opinion means pretty much diddly squat. But that's my take. The site is shifting to a more social focus with being able to follow users and such, so who knows?

I do miss the more specific filters for searching forum posts, though. By user and date and section would be nice. Right now the posts pulled up aren't even in chronological order.

In general, I'd like to improve the usability. Ultimately I'd like to have a general search bar on the dashboard where you can type anything and it'll give a merged list of relevant results from users, forum posts, public questions, and your messages, but a lot of the new features have stalled recently since I'm mostly focused on developing the app right now.

You mean Two Cans and String is going to be an app on the Apple App Store?

And the Google Play Store for Android Telephones.

Wow. You are awesome.

When does it release on Ouya

what is ouya

This thread is awesome

BuT iTs OpPoSiTe DaY

Thedagman said:
BuT iTs OpPoSiTe DaY

False. Opposite day is January 25th.

Thedagman said:
what is ouya

An Android-based game console from 2013 through 2015.

Thedagman said:
Wow. You are awesome.

False. Please wait on congrats until the app releases, since I'm taking a very roundabout way of getting there.

will the app cost money?

Blake said:
False. Opposite day is January 25th.

Well, I wouldn't know. It's not in the footer.

It's probably gonna be free. Maybe ads?
Speaking of which, @Blake, where do you make the money to run this website? (If it's ok to ask)

Found in this thread:
Blake said:

I am not making a profit. TwoCans still costs money to run....

So how am I paying for all this in the mean time? I am able to self-fund TwoCans for another few years while I work on this. But if TwoCans has a sudden surge in traffic or if my full plans do not pan out and I change my focus to just working on TwoCans or if my appendix bursts, I may have to consider the possibility of introducing ads, promoted questions, etc

And before that he was a software engineer at Google, per Nerd Paradise. But I'm assuming right now it's coming from some money he's set aside.

Oh wow.