ForumForum Games ► Dungeons & Dragons: A Two Cans & String Adventure
Belamros retrieves his lantern and raises it high, casting its light around the room; he once again reveals the three doorways leading out: one each to the east and west, and one directly across from the entrance.

"Which way?" he asks simply.
  
"We tried to pick the lock on the east door, it'd be a shame if we let that go to waste."
  
Belamros approaches the eastern door, lantern in one hand, sword in the other. "...I'll light the way, then. Follow me."

(Please establish marching order. Belamros will take the lead.)
  
Put me somewhere in the middle.
  
(I’ll go behind Narcodor)
  
Sockie and I will take the rear
  
Belamros's bullseye lantern handily illuminates the hallway, lighting up something in the room beyond.

This room is empty save for dust and a single, small, stone chest in the center of the floor. Evidently no one has disturbed this chamber for many years.

#################################
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
_|_|_|_|_|A|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
_|_|_|_|E|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_|O|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
################################# 

B= Belamros 
N= Narcodor 
A= Averack 
E= Elven John & Sockie
O= Stone chest
  
i check for traps
  
I propose that Narcador opens the chest.
  
Any counter-propositions?
  
Sockie proposes we tie our swords together as a really long stick and poke the chest from a distance before proceeding.

EDIT: Will wearing Sockie on my hand impair my skills in any way? Conceivably, I can still use both hands, one of them just has a sock over it
  
I just realized that if everyone moved just the right way you could spell out "bean"
  
(...Between you and me, I'd be more concerned about spreading athlete's foot than a loss of dexterity.)
  
(Don't worry about the athlete's foot, from what I've heard, Sockie is quite a fungi)
  
(Horrible puns aside, does anyone wish to examine the chest?)
  
I’ll examine the chest
  
#################################
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
_|_|_|_|_|_|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
_|_|_|_|E|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|A|O|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
#################################


On the floor you see a stone chest with a simple lid. You see no lock.
  
Can I check for traps?
  
Averack is a rogue, yes? Rogues have the Trapfinding ability.

Make a Search check.
  
18
  
I'll move to the chest, but stay behind Averack
  
Sockie and I will observe from a safe distance, in the opening of the hallway into the room.
  
Averack finds no traps.
  
I carefully open the chest
  
#################################
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
_|_|_|_|_|_|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
_|_|_|_|E|_|_|_|_|_|_|N|A|O|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
##################_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
#################################


As Averack lifts the lid off of the chest, the stone chamber is filled with the whistling and buzzing of flying darts. Many of the missiles clatter harmlessly against the stone, but Narcodor gets a front-row seat as he watches Averack narrowly avoid being perforated by one of the projectiles.
(Attack roll +10 against Averack's flat-footed AC: 12.)

The chest is now open.
  
Forum > Forum Games > Dungeons & Dragons: A Two Cans & String Adventure