ForumForum Games ► Dungeons & Dragons: A Two Cans & String Adventure
"Anyone opposed to me keeping the headband? It's kinda shiny, and I like it."

"If only someone could appraise it..."
  
I t-pose with no context
  
Ignoring the interruption....

"Can we take it and check the value later? I imagine it's not that heavy"
  
"That is probably the best idea," Belamros says as he looks at the bard's new decoration.

"...Unless there's somehow a shop hidden deeper within this place."
  
"Was that supposed to be foreshadowing?" Narcodor asks, petting his headband like it was a sign of royalty.
  
Belamros, amused by the bard's response, shoots back: "Why? Do you really think there's a shop in the middle of an old ruin?"
  
"Perhaps a gift shop?"

Sockie says he wants a commemorative spoon if there is a shop
  
"Well, if we can't go up, the only way to go is down," Narcodor replies, matter-of-factly.

"Now hand me that shovel"
  
"Why don't head back to the entry hall and check down the other hallways first?" Belamros says as he points in the direction from which they came.
  
"I'm game"
  
"I hate to agree, but me too"
  
"For majority, we need Sockie to agree," says Narcodor, jokingly.
  
Sockie agrees
"Well, looks like majority opinion rules. Let's head back to the main room, shall we?"
  
##########################_|_|##########################
##########################_|_|##########################
##########################_|_|##########################
##########################_|_|##########################
##########################_|_|##########################
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|N|_|A|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|B|_|E|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|##########
##########################_|_|##########################


The four of you return to the entry chamber; from here, there are two hallways still unexplored: One to the west, and another to the north.
  
"Quiero ir al norte." says Narcodor.

Since Spanish doesn't exist in this world, nobody knows what he is saying.
  
I stare at Narcador for a moment, confused.

"I don't know what you said, but I want to go north"
  
Belamros sets down his lantern to check the straps on his shield. "What about you, rogue? Where should we go?"
  
“I suppose we should go north.”
  
I suppose this thread shouldn’t die
  
"North it is, then," Belamros says as he once again picks up his lantern and hangs it from his belt.

The long stone hall leading north ends in a stone chamber furnished only with cracked, moldering tables on which lie rusted iron implements. Rain falls into the middle of the room from a shaft in the ceiling that must run all the way to the top of the tor. From the bottom of the shaft dangles a rope, swinging slightly. A drain in the center of the room allows the water to escape, but old dark stains suggest that it was used to carry away other fluids long ago.

...Suddenly, from a doorway on the far side of the room step two burly humanoids. Each stands more than six feet tall and has narrow eyes and flat facial features. With a roar, they draw their weapons and charge.


Everyone: Roll for initiative.

#########_|_|#########
#_|_|_|_|1|2|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|w|w|w|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|w|w|w|w|w|_|_|_|#
#_|_|w|w|w|w|w|w|_|_|#
#_|_|_|w|w|w|w|w|_|_|#
#_|_|_|•|w|w|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|#
#########_|N|#########
#########A|_|#########
#########_|E|######### 

B= Belamros 
N= Narcodor 
A= Averack 
E= Elven John 
#s= Burly Humanoids
  
It's a 1d20, right?

If so, I rolled 19.
  
You also add your Dexterity modifier to that roll. So, your Initiative will be 21.
  
12
  
7
  
Belamros rolls a 5 for initiative.

#########_|_|#########
#_|_|_|_|1|2|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|w|w|w|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|w|w|w|w|w|_|_|_|#
#_|_|w|w|w|w|w|w|_|_|#
#_|_|_|w|w|w|w|w|_|_|#
#_|_|_|•|w|w|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|#
#_|_|_|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|#
#########_|N|#########
#########A|_|#########
#########_|E|######### 

B= Belamros 
N= Narcodor 
A= Averack 
E= Elven John 
#s= Burly Humanoids


Narcodor, with his initiative roll of 21, goes first.
  
Forum > Forum Games > Dungeons & Dragons: A Two Cans & String Adventure