ForumForum Games ► Sportsball (An RPG Adventure!)
"Who? Please, tell me more about these a can't spell it brothers"
  
"Ye haven't heard of the Armisten brothers? And here I was thinking ye were a bounty hunter.

"Alman, Dexter, and Holden Armisten, ringing any bells? Famous thieves, known for robbing almost every bank on this side of the Hi'kays? And nobody knows what they look like, 'cos they've never been caught? No? Well, the only thing people know about them is their names, and that's only 'cos they wanted people to know it."

"And from what people say, they're coming to Margael. Packed up their robbing jobs and headed out here with their sister Riany to find some bloke named 'Rattling Yodel' or something like that. People s'pose there's some sort of treasure involved. I've even heard - " he leans in to you to whisper "- they're looking for the Forbidden City. Ah, here we are."

With that, you reach the market. The merchant throws you a small sack of gold coins.

+15gp

He even tells you that he's in such a good mood (and he feels sorry for you because you're new in town), you can take any three items from his cart (you can take more than one of the same item)
  • Turnip
  • Cucumber
  • Zigil Root
  • Cendial Varnrut
  • Eirogin Varnrut
  • Borial Varnrut
  • *Unknown* Burgandy Varnrut
  • *Unknown* Grey Varnrut
  
"Mind if I take some of that root, a cucumber or two, and some of the boreal varnrut?"
  
"Sure," he says, handing you a small paper sack. Inside, he loads two cucumbers, three slices of Zigil Root, and two stalks of the Borial Varnrut.

+2 Cucumber (1 Slot Each)
+3 Zigil Root
+2 Borial Varnrut


"Now take care, you here me? Can't be too careful with talk of thieves and bandits in these parts."

And with that, he begins unloading into his stall, leaving you in the middle of the bustling Margael streetmarket.
  
Malash pulls out one of the cucumbers and starts munching whilst walking down the street, looking for hot food.
  
Moving with the slightest scramble of urgency, Fendrel sheepishly shuffles back to the table where the group previously gathered.
"Hello Ridlean, uh. Forgot to ask you this: do you know the directions for the whereabouts, by any chance?"
  
Malash pulls out one of the cucumbers and starts munching whilst walking down the street, looking for hot food.


Search : 1d20 (8) + Modifier (-1) = 7

You manage to find a single stall with a short dwarf standing behind it selling freshly cooked meat kebabs and meat stew. As you approach he gestures to you, and, in a hushed tone, says, "I see you're taking a look towards my food. Care for anything more......exotic?" and, upon noticing your familiar, "A necrotic dragon fledgling? Their marrow fetches a high price at the market - interested in selling it?"

Moving with the slightest scramble of urgency, Fendrel sheepishly shuffles back to the table where the group previously gathered.
"Hello Ridlean, uh. Forgot to ask you this: do you know the directions for the whereabouts, by any chance?"


Ridlean looks up, and shrugs. "What do you mean 'whereabouts'? Most of the things can be found in the town plaza, just take a right outside the inn and keep walking until you hit the statue at the town's square; from there you should be able to see the Cathedral and the Library, the market is further up the hill - just follow the carts and carriages and you should stumble upon it."
  
oh fuck

"I'll take one kebab, but no, not selling my dragon."
  
"Oh, sorry about my phrasing. I meant the directions for the marketplace and library and such, which you have provided. Thank you."

With a brief bow, the half-elf scrambles back to the doorway.
  
W: “so, we turn right from the entrance and follow the carriages up the hill?
Thank you for that, by the way. Seriously.”
  
"That should be right, although I am certain we could manage if, by some chance, go astray. It is my pleasure."
  
W: “Aye then. Let’s go, marketplace first, right?”
Wyyca heads out the door, turning right, hopefully with Fendrel following behind.
  
"Marketplace first," confirms Fendrel, keeping up pace with Wycca.
  
"I'll take one kebab, but no, not selling my dragon."


The dwarf, visibly disappointed, hands you the kebab in exchange for the gold.

+1 Mystery Meat Kebab
-5 Gold

"That's a shame. Its meat would fetch quite a fortune at the market."

"Marketplace first," confirms Fendrel, keeping up pace with Wycca.


As you leave the Rusty Girder and enter the now-brightly lit streets of Margael, you turn right down the street and, after a short journey, enter the plaza. I the center stands a large statue of a man planting a broadsword in the ground, surrounding it are three pillars, each with an ornate gem on top.

Surrounding you are various restaurants, eateries, and small shops, and, on the other side of the plaza, you can see a steeply inclined road leading to the market, with scores of caravans, carriages, carts, and merchants trudging uphill

As you reach the crest, you are rewarded with a magnificent view of the scores upon scores of stalls and shopfronts, and a bustling crowd before you. The racket of the market fills your ears as thousands of people haggle, barter, and trade. Smells of food from all corners of the world drift among the air as you begin forging into the market.

Reflexive Search : 1d20 (5) + Modifier (0) = 5

Reflexive check failed, no information to add.

Is there anything in particular you would like to search for, or do you just wish to browse?
  
Wyyca wanders among the shops browsing the incredibly large collection of shops and items.
  
Fendrel curiously browses the shops and stalls, keeping an eye out for any affordable artifacts or spellbooks.
  
im gonna take a wild guess and say that someone is gonna come after me for the dragon laters

Mal'ash starts nomming on the kebab and walking down the road again "Tastes good"
  
Wyyca21 said:
Wyyca wanders among the shops browsing the incredibly large collection of shops and items.


Random Chance : 1d20 (8) = 8
No effect

Among the shops, you manage to find a blacksmith, a clothier, a small food stand, an alchemist, and an enchantress. You also notice a half-elf woman wearing black in one corner of the market standing behind a small stall reading 'Bizarre Bazaar', cleaning her fingers with a pocketknife.

Fendrel curiously browses the shops and stalls, keeping an eye out for any affordable artifacts or spellbooks.


You manage to stumble across a permanent stand in the back of the market, with a large banner across the awning - "Oslo's Unthinkable Magic & Artifacts." Behind the counter, a dwarf stands, consulting some form of occult tome.

Random Chance : 1d20 (19) = 19

Out of the corner of your eye, you also spot Mal'ash walking down the street with fledling in tow, with a crowd giving him a wide berth as he munches on a kebab.

im gonna take a wild guess and say that someone is gonna come after me for the dragon laters


I mean, I can say that's not a plot point that I have planned. Just a little conversation tidbit.
  
Kylljoy said:

im gonna take a wild guess and say that someone is gonna come after me for the dragon laters


I mean, I can say that's not a plot point that I have planned. Just a little conversation tidbit.



Good, one less thing to worry about.
  
*cough*

Will Fendrel or Wycca be taking any actions?
  
Keeping note of the store before him, Fendrel moves closer into the crowd and raises his arm above his head. "Mal'ash!" he calls, in an effort to catch the half-man's attention.
  
Speech : 1d20(4) + Modifier (2) = 6

Your calls are lost in the bustling market and the sounds of haggling drown out your calls.

Perhaps you should try to catch up to him?
  
Mal'ash continues walking along the street, towards where he thinks the tavern is, not noticing the withdrawals of the crowd

He also hands the other half of the kebab to the fledgeling.
  
After a long while of debating, Wyyca goes over to the enchanter’s shop/booth/general space.
  
Fendrel moves further into the crowd, trying to dodge the various carts and townsfolk, in an effort to approach Mal'ash or at least close enough to get his attention.
  
Forum > Forum Games > Sportsball (An RPG Adventure!)