ForumForum Games ► Sportsball (An RPG Adventure!)
Wyyca21 said:
After a long while of debating, Wyyca goes over to the enchanter’s shop/booth/general space.

The enchantress nods to you and leans over the counter of her shop. She rubs her hands and begins stacking various objects on the counter.

"Alright," she says, "I've got a limited time and I'm sure you know the drill. I've got some pre-existing items that I can give you for a certain price, or for a service fee I can enchant some equipment of yours with desired effects."

She finishes setting out the items she's procured from her shop. It's a relatively large selection, and each item seemingly pulses with a magical aura. Among her selections are three small shields, one large shield, two sets of chainmail armour, a single set of iron plated armour, a single set of leather armour, two bangles, an amulet, a broadsword, a shortsword, a battleaxe, a dagger, three staffs, two wands, a crossbow, a bow, and - a rarity in markets - a musket. (Which are usually sold by high-level tinkers, not enchanters).

Fendrel moves further into the crowd, trying to dodge the various carts and townsfolk, in an effort to approach Mal'ash or at least close enough to get his attention.

Coordination : 1d20 (8) + Modifier (0) = 8

You manage to clumsily weave between the bustling crowd with only a slight stumble, and bump into multiple shoppers on the way, who look mildly annoyed at your attempt to navigate through them. You find it difficult to get physically close enough to grab his attention, however.

Speech : 1d20 (2) + Modifier (2) = 4

Your calls continue to fall on deaf ears as the noise of the markets sweeps up your shouts towards the half-orc. You notice a group of pebbles nearby - perhaps it's time to rely on more physical means of communication?

Kylljoy said:

Your calls continue to fall on deaf ears as the noise of the markets sweeps up your shouts towards the half-orc. You notice a group of pebbles nearby - perhaps it's time to rely on more physical means of communication?

That might work.

“Are all of the enchantments the same?
What’s the musket price?”

"No, not everything has the same enchantment. That would kill my variety, wouldn't it?

"The smaller shields each have one enchantment each, they're my bargain item. 25gp each, choose from the selection of having charms for Blocking [+25% damage reduction when blocking], Parrying [+5% chance to parry missed hits], or Warding [+1 defense]. The large shield sells for 100gp and has a Floating charm [Don't need to equip it].

"The chainmail sets sell for 75gp each and come with the same set of enchantments : Warding and Bolstering [+1 hp]. The leather sells for 30gp and has only Warding, and the iron plates has bloodsteel infused in it and provides a Necrotic Seal [One free revive on death], and an extra spell slot, and sells for 120gp."

"The bangles are each made from Elderstone, and provide bonuses to magic strength [+50% magic damage] and sell for 30gp apiece. The amulet holds a necrotic keystone and has been charged. I'll assume you know how to use a keystone, otherwise you won't be purchasing it. It also has ornature on it that allows non-initiated magicians to cast simple necromancy spells for as long as it's charged. It sells for 90gp."

"The broadsword has a Piercing charm [Ignores 50% defense] and the shortsword has an Incendiary charm [Lights on fire when used], both sell for 80gp on account of the swords themselves not being of good craftmanship. The battleaxe has a Crippling charm [+20% chance to cripple an enemy's limb] and sells for 75gp and the dagger has another necrotic keystone in it that has been charmed with a Hecatian Flow to automagically charge it upon kills, meaning you don't need a Necromancer to charge it for you. The dagger sells for 95gp.

"The staffs have been automatically bound with spells, one with Fireball, one with Conjure Acid, and one with Illusion. They sell for 90gp each and require acquaintance with the magical arts to use, and do not supply their own magical power. The wands sells for only 30gp each, but only have Heal or Detect Traps. Similar story to the staffs, they require affinity with magic and don't have their own power supply.

"The crossbow has been retrofitted with a Conjuring stone, and does not require reload or ammunition, it just summons its own bolts. It's been given a large enough charge that it can go 300 shots without being recharged. It sells for 130gp. The bow has been enchanted with a small Transcendent stone, and its arrows ignore all defense and can pass through walls or glass without leaving a mark. The bow sells for 100gp."

"The musket is my prized possession and sells for 300gp. It's also - obviously - been enchanted and bound with a mute spell - meaning it makes no noise when shot, which is useful considering the racket it would otherwise normally make. I've also enchanted it with a High Impact charm [Deals double its normal damage]"

Note : These prices are pre-application of 'Shopoholic' and are therefore actually double what it would cost you to purchase them. Also, you can try to haggle down the price with a speech check.

Fendrel gathers a handful of the pebbles, selecting several that aren't too big or sharp. He takes aim towards Mal'ash's torso area before tossing them one by one.

Cognition : 1d20 (7) + Modifier (2) = 9

You manage to hit him square in the back, grabbing his attention.

Mal'ash spins around, draws the smaller of his blades, and growls.

"Ai!" Calls Fendrel, awkwardly waving his arm above the crowd.

Wait, what happens if I haggle something for 10 gp, will it go to the base price or post-Shopholic?
Also, is crossbow ammo and bow ammo interchangeable, or no?

Shopoholic is your base price, you can haggle items down with speech checks. If you fail the check, the item is locked to the base price and you can't haggle over it anymore. Essentially, if you haggle a 70gp down to 50gp successfully and then try to haggle to 40gp but fail that check, it goes back to 70gp

The value you haggle it to is independent from Shopoholic, but Shopoholic does give advantage on those checks. (If you haggle to 10gp with Shopoholic, it's worth 10gp regardless of the trait)

And crossbows and bows use different ammunition. Crossbows use bolts and bows use arrows.

Mal'ash, upon seeing a relatively familiar face resheaths his sword and walks towards fendrel.

> did this die or somethink

> Idk, people stopped talking and I can't really do my job unless the players lead the story somewhat

(I should be able to be active from now on, was a bit busy/demotivated from exam prep.)

Fendrel pockets the rest of the gravel and opens his palm in greeting.

to fendrel "I know you"

"Sorry about the rock. Did you arrive here recently?"

"Yes, looking for you guys actually"

"Well, I'm glad we stumbled upon each other. Wycca and I were looking around the market, so she shouldn't be too far off."

“Can the crossbow’s price be lowered by 10 gp?“

Wyyca21 said:
“Can the crossbow’s price be lowered by 10 gp?“

Speech : 1d20 (10 : 20)(Advantage : Shopaholic) + Modifier (0) = 20

The enchantress nods. "Yeah, I suppose it hasn't been selling very well. May as well get it off my hands. So 55gp it is, then?"

"And given that you likely won't be needing your Crossbow bolts any more, I can buy them off you if that's what you'd want."

Can I take spot 5? I want to get more active on this site and I think this thread will help

. . . ooh, 20. Thought that was guaranteed for a bit.
Yep! How much do the bolts sell for, if I may ask?
Also, how many do I have?

Can I take spot 5? I want to get more active on this site and I think this thread will help

Sure! (And it would be spot 4, DIAV had to drop out) As long as you can be on reasonably to post ~5-6 times a day, it should work fine. Use these resources, message me if you have any questions, fill out a character sheet and message it to me. We'll drop you in at the earliest possible convenience.

Resources :
Ballmaster Manual (Don't worry too much about the rules, as I take care of most of it anyways)
Content Lexicon
Homebrew Classes
Character Creation Applet

Wyyca21 said:
. . . ooh, 20. Thought that was guaranteed for a bit.
Yep! How much do the bolts sell for, if I may ask?
Also, how many do I have?

"The bolts sell for 1gp per five."

<You have 29 bolts remaining>

"We were just looking around the market for anything worth for the upcoming journey," he continues, edging a little bit away from the crowd. He begins an attempt of retracing his steps back to Oslo's, before turning back to face Mal'ash.
"We have until noon before we check in with Ridlean, I think."

He begins an attempt of retracing his steps back to Oslo's, before turning back to face Mal'ash.

Cognition : 1d20 (3) + Modifier (2) = 5

After stumbling around for a couple minutes, you manage to find your way back to the stall. The dwarf raises his eyebrows and sets down the tome he was reading.

"I just watched you use pebble to accost a Half-Orc with a broadsword thicker than a tree and then walk backwards through the marketplace for a good minute or two. Either you're the most idiotic person to ever walk the Earth, or you're ill or cursed. What's the matter, boy, Allitian Fagwalls? Perniperous Fever? A Gnommish Hex? Don't worry, I've got just the thing"

He rummages around the shelves below the countertop and then pulls out a vial of thick, rusty-brown sludge. He uncorks it and an extremely overpowering unpleasant aroma washes over you.

"Genuine Pickled Azyntine Starworm Blood, Infused with Zigil Root. Guaranteed to rid you of any magical malady known to man. Or render you bald and sterile. Works wonders for both. Can I put you down for fourty, maybe fifty bottles?"

Forum > Forum Games > Sportsball (An RPG Adventure!)