ForumForum Games ► Murder Mystery
I didn't see any games like this, and I went three pages deep, to the really dead threads.

after we get enough players, everyone will create a character, who they will describe in detail, even giving small seemingly insignifigant details. I will then message someone randomly to choose them as the murderer. I will then lay out some clues. then, it's up to you players to figure out. The murderer will message me after around 10-15 posts to say who they would like to kill next. Whoever wins gets to choose next murderer.

edit: We start in two days time.

Sounds fun, I'm in

adsfjlk; said:
Whoever wins gets to choose.

The only thing is that I didn't understand that part.

I'd love to join!

Quite a nice idea. Count me in.

Kebab said:
adsfjlk; said:
Whoever wins gets to choose.

The only thing is that I didn't understand that part.

I edited it to clear it up.

ah, ok

I'll give it a go.

I'm in

I'll tag along.

My friends and I used to play this all the time on long road trips; we called it Mafia! Count me in!

My friends and I used to play this all the time on long road trips; we called it Mafia! Count me in!

mafia is similar, but in this there's no doctor to save the victim, and everyone is the sheriff/detective.

also, I have now expanded the rules.

hmm hmmm, 10-15 posts. Do we get clues about the killer after each murder, or only the initial clues? Also, will we be talking in character, or would we just post our character here to cross-reference the clues?

Also, since the winner gets to choose the next murderer, I'm assuming they must sit out next round or be void of providing hints/guessing the killer since they already know who it is?

Also, since the winner gets to choose the next murderer, I'm assuming they must sit out next round or be void of providing hints/guessing the killer since they already know who it is?

Or be the godfather, AKA the narrator

hmm hmmm, 10-15 posts. Do we get clues about the killer after each murder, or only the initial clues? Also, will we be talking in character, or would we just post our character here to cross-reference the clues?

You will get an extra clue each murder, You can choose to stay in character or not, I can’t force you, and yes, the winner sits out in the next round. As I will sit out this round.

Count me in.

This seems fun, I'm in!

OMG Tina!! we match! TWINS

Today’s the day people! Let’s get started with characters.

What kind of information should we give about our characters?

Age, hair color, gender, hobbies, current clothing, and items on their person.

For some background, this round will take place at the generic fancy party.

My character is named Oliver Baker, a brown-haired, 28-year-old British guy. Nickname Oli, he spends a lot of time reading classic books, such as Sherlock Holmes. He is currently wearing a blue suit with a grey vest, paired with a black bowtie & pocket square, and grey slacks to match the vest. He is also wearing rectangular half-rim glasses. On his person is an expensive black and gold designer watch, and no ring on his hand. In his right pocket, he has his Italian-leather wallet, containing a driver's license, a debit card, and $500 cash. In his left, he has the keys to his Rolls-Royce Phantom. He currently owns a small Auto/Home insurance company, Baker's Insurance.

My person is named Norman Henry. He's 75 years old, with gray hair and no facial hair. He's tall but slightly frail-looking and wears glasses; he is wearing a blue button-down shirt and jeans. He has been retired for a twelve years, and spends lots of time reading and gardening. He's married to a woman about the same age, and has two children, one of whom tragically died of cancer a year ago. In one pocket he has his wallet, containing cash and a debit card, while in his other pocket he has his keys. He believes it's important to find happiness in the small things, but sometimes has difficulty doing that himself.

Side note, what time period does this take place?

I’d say, early 2000’s, just based on everyone’s clothing so far.

Forum > Forum Games > Murder Mystery