ForumForum Games ► Murder Mystery
adsfjlk; said:
I’d say, early 2000’s, just based on everyone’s clothing so far.

Ok, so no internet/real mobile phones yet.

No.

adsfjlk; said:
Age, hair color, gender, hobbies, current clothing, and items on their person.

For some background, this round will take place at the generic fancy party.

Hello! My name is Andrew Willis. I'm about 37 years old, an old enough age to have seen some things but not old enough yet to comment on said things. I've got black hair and brown eyes, but those don't really concern me that much. As for my profession, I work in the field of interrogation, specifically hostage negotiations. I've made my rounds through quite a few facilities, and I daresay I have a knack for talking people into plans they may not have considered. On a usual basis, I wear around a standard set of dress shirts and pants, but for the occasion tonight I've worn a spiffy-looking black suit-coat with a gray vest and a solid red tie. I've also brought along my reading glasses just in case I need them. As for shoes, you never know when you need to chase someone so I've worn a set of hiking shoes. Currently I've got an issued taser on me (as part of my contract with my employer), as well as my wallet with spare bills, my badge, and a few sticks of gum. I also carry around with me a small mirror and voice recorder just in case. In my spare time I usually try to distract myself from my work, so I play the saxophone and bake pastries. Glad to meet you all!

adsfjlk; said:
Age, hair color, gender, hobbies, current clothing, and items on their person.

For some background, this round will take place at the generic fancy party.

My characters name is Patty O’Harris, and she’s a 25 year old red haired female. She likes to read and knit. She’s wearing a red dress that goes down to her knees. She has glasses and a purse that has various nicknacks to fidget with to keep her hands busy.

Hi my names Purlottie Jennings, a 16 year old daughter. You can call me Purlo. I usually wear jeans and blank t-shirts. I was forced to dress nice today, so I swapped out the jeans for a plain black skirt and added some simple jewelry. I also wear a camera bag because I'm a bit of an ammeter photographer. Within my camera bag I carry a professional camera, black and white plad wallet, and key ring. I like ducks, puffy clouds, and the way everything looks just before it rains. ...why do i have dots??

I am Jack Barnes, a male 25 year old with brown hair who enjoys playing piano and reading.
I am wearing dress pants, a button up with a white t shirt underneath, a tie, and dress shoes. I am carrying nothing other than a cell phone and my car keys.

we're ready to begin! let me set the stage...

it's a cold December night. All but one of you has been invited to a party on the pearson estate. all five of my closest friends, as well as some 16 year old who snuck in. through the night everyone is having a good time, until around 11:30 PM. suddenly, when everyone is entering the dining room, you all find mike pearson dead on the table. He has sustained a wound to the head, and has bled out. One of you is the murderer, and it's up to the rest of you to figure it out. at the scene of the crime, you find a black colored thread, a key ring, and a small clump of mud.

We need to compile possible suspects, Andrew didn't come with keys, and Norman isn't wearing anything black so we can rule them out for now.

Is there anybody else we can rule out for now?

Suspects: Jack Purlo Patty Andrew Norman Oliver

Well, there is a clump of mud, so it could be anyone that's been outside. Purlo seems to have snuck in, and I usually walk outside if I need to clear my thoughts, but I haven't been out.

We also shouldn't rule out single suspects based on one clue. It helps that they may not have the object, but they're could be red herrings thrown in.

That's a good point, but we should also try to determine who is most likely, we should get alibis from everyone, and see if any of them are provable, I was reading in the study around when the murder would have taken place. We also need to figure out who the murderer was, it could be a sewing needle based n the thread or a key based on the key ring, but it could also be anything else sharp enough to cut someine's head open.

(((I'm assuming all of these will just be made up on the spot lol. I'll also assume the Clue Manor for the sake of rooms)))

Well, sadly I was alone in the library. I didn't see anyone in there while I was browsing the books. There's a lot of disturbing literature that I found interesting for this mansion: books on murder mysteries, best tactics for stalking, and even one on making the perfect blackmail. I really wonder who this man was, the person who invited us all.

(asdf is making a map of the house (I know this because I live with them), so we can base it off of that)

Excellent, we have some clues to a motive.

Here’s the Mansion layout.

Would be nice to see where the doors are on the map, as I'm trying to find the erased lines on it.

On that note, it appears that a sewing needle couldn't be the murder weapon. The body appears to be hit on the head by a blunt object. Although it said a "wound to the head," it appears more like a hit instead of a slash. Unless you had a pound of needles, then maybe that's a possibility.

Good point, maybe they were killed by smashing the head into the table

That is something I didn't consider. Maybe we could take a look at the table and see if there's any indication of a scuffle on there? Usually if there's a fight, it could indicate the strength of the attacker, or maybe an absence of a viable weapon. Sometimes there isn't a mess if the victim trusted the killer and had their back turned, allowing for a quick job.

Odd that no one else has been talking much around here.

Yeah, although if there's no struggle, that barely narrows it down, pearson trusted all of us except Purlottie.

(Also it is weird, but it's fine)

That is something I didn't consider. Maybe we could take a look at the table and see if there's any indication of a scuffle on there? Usually if there's a fight, it could indicate the strength of the attacker, or maybe an absence of a viable weapon. Sometimes there isn't a mess if the victim trusted the killer and had their back turned, allowing for a quick job.

Odd that no one else has been talking much around here.

There is no blood on the table, or anything in the dining room. It almost appears as if it was just cleaned.

It looks like it was just cleaned, but there's mud near pearson? That's odd.

Could be something the killer failed to notice, or something that was on the body in the first place. We could be assuming something incorrectly though: what if the murder didn't occur in this room? There's a chance that the killer could have brought the body in here from somewhere, hence why the place would look so clean. It could also explain the mud, if they were killed somewhere that was somewhat muddy.

Maybe the murder took place outside, we should check for blood out there

That is always a possibility. I'd like to first talk to the other guests though, see what they have to say.

So, I think I’m going to pronounce this thread as dead, temporarily. Alot of people who use this site use it in school, and currently no ones really “in school”.

:(

Forum > Forum Games > Murder Mystery