ForumForum Games ► Kylljoy’s Quest
Kylljoy, a fairly active user, has set up Different alt accounts, with the bio being partially or fully a code. This is a quest that spans the site, and I wouldn’t mind a little help.

This is the first alt account, and alfanewmerik already decided it. Here’s the Post. This led me to another alt account, Armageddon. That’s as far as I’ve gotten.

I think someone found that the text was a caesar cipher and got this:

Well, well, well. Look who finally managed to discover my alt. I've been hiding this account for, what? Six months now. Armageddon and Kylljoy being the same person, who saw that coming? I'd say good luck, but we both know you probably don't need it. We all have evil clones hiding in the shadows, I suggest you look for the book of disgrace to find your next clue. The next key is GABbCDEbFG

Ah.

If you're looking for a few more alts, here's a few:

Mrkldrky

spineless_spinach

God, I just realized that the hunt might be a little unfair towards newer users, since this step references a link I had on my main account a while ago (like twelve to sixteen months ago). And older users, since the original address of the website has changed. I'll try to find another way to get the link to the site hidden, but I'd suggest you try to figure out what the site I linked was first, before you actually get the link.

If you want to start somewhere, I think Poods might still remember since he registered there, especially if fed the hint from the previous step. As for how this relates to the actual link, think Swedish Fish.

GABbCDEbFG

G minor scale.

Rearranging the scale also gives you A locrian, Bb major, C dorian, D phrygian, Eb lydian, and F mixolydian.

however, as kylljoy said, this is a reference to a link, and I'm not sure how we can get that. Internet archive, maybe?

Internet archive, maybe?

Internet archive unfortunately (or fortunately, for me) doesn't go that far forward. Last archive is 2014.

Lucky for you, though, I've made a branching path that allows you to re-discover the link (which exists in a post somewhere on the forum). Though it's likely you won't stumble upon it on accident, there's some hints I've already scattered including two I've already put in this thread. Hopefully this (admittedly short) detour will allow the rediscovery of the link.

I can't seem to figure out the one-time-pad either. The 12 seems to reference an old one-time-pad book, but I don't know where to search for that.

I can't seem to figure out the one-time-pad either. The 12 seems to reference an old one-time-pad book, but I don't know where to search for that.

Oh, no, they already figured out that segment. To bring you up to speed

• IWKTP/12 - "I Will Kill The President, Page 12"
  • Which gives a key used in one of the IWKTP puzzles - "to look for clues where there aren't any, even when it seems like it's a dead end"
  • Which, when decoding the cipher on Mrkldrky, gives the clue "the next clue lies at the end of the world, in the hands of a devil"
  • Which points to Armageddon (a secret alt account I've used before), on whose bio the quote '"Et Tu, Zi?" - Ceaser, I guess' is written.
  • Which suggests "E To Z", an E->Z Caeser Cipher, which deciphers the next clue, below it.
  • Which says the next clue lies "with the evil clones lying in the shadows', that they consult "the book of disgrace", and that the next key is "GABbCDEbFG"
  • Which is the g-minor key signature

Meaning they still need to find the evil clone and the book of disgrace to progress. Something which I've said references an earlier link I had on my profile a while ago, but I've hidden an alternate route to finding it, of which there are two clues already hidden in this thread to start down that route.

Not sure if any of you realized it, but kylljoys first post here had some hidden text. It reads as follows:

If you want to start somewhere, I think Poods might still remember since he registered there, especially if fed the hint from the previous step. As for how this relates to the actual link, think Swedish Fish.

edit: poods said that it might have to do with a sight called DisgraceBook. might've belonged to kylljoy.

whoops. i got ninja'd.

First thing that came to mind was someone's hobby project of an "anti-social media" and it was called DisgraceBook. Could've belonged to Kylljoy. I'm aware that I registered there, I'm just not sure if i could access it again since it's been so long

swedish fish might be important here

Kylljoy said:
book of disgrace

I think this is definitive proof disgrace book is what we’re looking for.

anyone know how to access it?

As far as I know, it's inaccessible to the general public (unless you can guess the link, which would be.....hard, given it's no longer linked to a public domain and is now just running on a separate server). Hence why I've added 'another way' to find it.

By the way, does the alt spineless_spinach have anything to do with this? Given that it’s bio is only 65, I would guess so, but I don’t know.

Nah, pretty sure that's Jaded's alt. So, no, it has nothing to do with the quest

Alright. Good to know.

Kylljoy said:

As far as I know, it's inaccessible to the general public (unless you can guess the link, which would be.....hard, given it's no longer linked to a public domain and is now just running on a separate server). Hence why I've added 'another way' to find it.

interesting. why is 'another way' colored?

Why indeed...

KYLLJOY IF I DONT MURDER YOU YOU CRYPTIC SON OF GUN ITLL BE A MIRACLE.

Kylljoy said:
I've hidden an alternate route to finding it, of which there are two clues already hidden in this thread to start down that route.

asdfjkl; said:

interesting. why is 'another way' colored?

Forum > Forum Games > Kylljoy’s Quest