ForumForum Games ► Kylljoy’s Quest

Italics?

Nah, accidental double-post, so I just left the second one blank using an open italics tag

If you're willing to answer, is the color relevant for "another way"?

Why do you think that they keep emphasizing it?

If you're willing to answer, is the color relevant for "another way"?

The color itself is not entirely relevant, no. But there is a reason that those specific words are highlighted.

From here on, you will be granted three hints and one answer for the entirety of the quest. A hint will be purposely less cryptic, and an answer will tell you how to outright solve the step. I'd suggest you use them wisely.

I will continue to provide extremely cryptic answers if prompted, without using a hint

should I make a discord for this?

Oh, that's why it's colored. Click on the "another way" in his first post here. It's a link to a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/eaEqYKz0

Here's the message:
"I suppose I may as well give a detour if nobody can remember the original. It'd be better if you could figure out what the actual site was, but I suppose I could give you some hints to point you in the right direction : 465. That's your next clue. Why? You hate that I'm deliberately vague? Why don't you cry about it to somebody else."

465 is an interesting number. Could be referencing a page number?

Oh, and a discord would be cool.

EDIT: Yep, it is. Hate thread, page 465. I didn't realize that him saying "hate that I'm vague" was a hint to the thread, so I just calculated the minimum number of posts needed to have 465 pages and went through the site. Hate thread was the closest to this number, (469 pages) so I checked. Lo and behold, his only post on that page has a link from his future self. Here's the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Z4b3LW5A

"^ Wow, you actually found something! Good for you!

< What, you want another hint?

v Fine. 983450 is all you're going to get. If you can't figure out the other clue I'm hiding here, I'll be disappointed."

EDIT 2: Well, that was simple. post/gotopost helps find the next post in the <^V thread, with the next pastebin: https://pastebin.com/RSDi34gk

"Last one of these clues. 2807.

What's on your mind, buddy?"

EDIT 3: "What's on your mind" seems to reference "Your Train of Thoughts" and it did. Page 2807. Disgracebook is here: http://disgracebook.000webhostapp.com/

Now, time to find the G minor clue in here.

EDIT 4: I did not find G minor, but I did find Killjoy's profile. From that site, I pulled the following line that seems to reference this specific quest:

Same as the first lock, but duplicate the keys to fit the keyhole Gxubgk ztmes. Dkeanuv Qktyxfe rwe hyk zmkh trgm nbu ges npfaf pvg yudar.
(Sidenote, I attempted to make an account. I am the 9th user, and I can't validate my account lmao)

This definitely looks like another one-time-pad, but the key (GABbCDEbFG) doesn't seem to yield any results yet.

EDIT 5: Oh my god I'm dumb. It's not (GABbCDEbFG) that you paste, it's gminor. Well, time to move on with the clues.
After decoding the one time pad (really a vigenere at this point) using the key "gminor" we get this message:

Almost there. Message Kylljoy for the next clue and ask about his horse.

I will promptly do that right now and come back with my results.

SELECT uid, name FROM users WHERE isclue = 1;
+-----+--------+
| uid | handle |
+-----+--------+
| 8 ......| bucky |
+-----+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

This seems like a coding puzzle. I received the same.

A quick google search of just "rows in set" brought me to a mySQL documentation page. A bit down the page you can see some boxes in the same setup as the one sent to us.

EDIT 1: I think I got it. The code seems to be a simple lookup command that calls for the user ID from the list of all user IDs for the one where the value of "isclue" is true. Back to the anti-whatever site to check users.

SELECT uid, name FROM users WHERE isclue = 1;
+-----+--------+
| uid | handle |
+-----+--------+
| 8 ......| bucky |
+-----+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Whoops! Didn't catch that until now, the SQL query is supposed to be

SELECT uid, handle FROM users WHERE isclue = 1;

though it doesn't really matter since the end result is the same

Now, user 8 on disgracebook is Good Christian Boy 21 and it seems he has a clue for us.

hwnei qmqtb nepbf kwxps qfcmo cjfcg lx
Confused? Try retracing your steps from the very beginning. Posts can contain more than one clue...

Now to find the clue we passed already, it seems.

It feels weird to reuse some of my old friends' test accounts for this quest. But I doubt they'll mind considering the site's been dormant for years now.

Also, holy hell that's a lot of dislikes on that post...hmm...

Quite a lot, isn't it. I just need to find the key on what appears to be another one time pad.

It definitely isn't caesar.

Exactly how far back?

EDIT 1: Looking back at one of the pastebins, this seems rather interesting phrasing:

"^ Wow, you actually found something! Good for you!

< What, you want another hint?

v Fine. 983450 is all you're going to get. If you can't figure out the other clue I'm hiding here, I'll be disappointed."

Exactly how far back?

Confused? Try retracing your steps from the very beginning. Posts can contain more than one clue...

Very helpful

👍

Maybe I'm overanalyzing but on the sign up page for DisgraceBook there appears to be some typos that could be a sign to look at something.
"Feilds marked with an asterisk are manditory"
The source code didn't have anything that stood out to me

Those just seem to be typos that Kylljoy made while making the site. I doubt it has any significance for now.

Now, where is that other clue? I can't find anything else in that pastebin that I can use as a key for anything.

EDIT: wait, is that a patristocrat? The message is in blocks of 5 letters. Could I get a confirmation on that, Kylljoy? If it's a patristocrat, I'm going to go get some sleep since that'll take some time to solve. If not, then I'll keep looking.

Part of me wants to let you guys chase every lead that shows up in order to drive you guys crazy, but the other part of me doesn't want to.

Man, is this how Blake feels about the dots?

Anyways, the typos are because the original disgracebook source was written in Vim (which is better than emacs, fight me) which didn't have a built-in spell check.

wait, is that a patristocrat?

I can neither confirm nor deny this statement.

Agh, this doesn't help. Well, I'll have to either try and solve a possible patristocrat and lose sleep or just go to bed.

Welp.

I found a patristocrat-bashing site. It gave me nothing. It might not be a patristocrat? But I'm not sure...

I'm calling it for today. I think I got a bit into it, but I'm not too sure. I don't know how deep this rabbit hole will go, but there was some digging done today at least.

Also, did we ever find that other evil clone?

The next clue lies at the end of the world, in the hands of a devil.

90% this was confirmed to be the first clue.

aight but what does bucky mean

Their handle was "@bucky." It's the one on disgracebook.

Wyyca21 said:
90% this was confirmed to be the first clue.

Is that so?

Forum > Forum Games > Kylljoy’s Quest