ForumForum Games ► Mafia
But we don't know who to lynch if you're killed. If mafia is someone other than who we suspect, then they can kill you and then we won't know that you've potentially cleared the person we suspected.

That's true, too. I just feel like without a lynch we are more stuck than before. I'll take the risk of math being the idiot. I think idiot is an easy play for Mafia but if we are wrong then we know it's probably jaded and potato

Let's not forget that Bronco could still be Mafia, even if he's still Jailer. If you're willing to accept that me and beck are town (and I'm Harlot), then everyone except Bronco, Math, and Potato have been definitively cleared. My hunch is that Bronco is town, but that's not guaranteed.

Okay this might sound crazy but I think maybe we should vote Bronco today. Our whole line of reasoning depends on him being Jailer.

We're up 6-2, so here's what I propose:
Vote Bronco today (probably puts us at 5-2). This will confirm that he's Jailer and I'm Harlot.
I sit still for the night, beck investigates me, and potential Martyrs target beck (worst case is only one death, leaving us at 4-2).
This will allow us to clear me, which through process of elimination will tell us that Potato and Math are definitely Mafia.
Even if there's a mafia Idiot, we'll be at 3-1, then the night will bring us to 2-1, then we'll win.

The only big assumption this plan rests on is that beck is Detective and town.

Thoughts?

How is killing me a good idea? If I die, we loose another town putting us even closer to defeat, and a power role that would be good to see if someone is the mafia.

It's a good idea because it gives us information, potentially confirming everything we've suspected while also covering a few likely ways in which we may have been wrong.

But what good does that info give us if the jailer is dead

The good it does is that it allows us to win the game.

We have some time to consider it, but I'm not feeling like it's the best option. I plan to chat more when I'm feeling mentally capable tomorrow.

Current votes:

beck (they) -
BroncoBoy18 (he) - Mathmaniac125
ちょたの_chotano (she) - Mathmaniac125
e-bag (he) -
Iateap0tat0 (any) -
justabitjaded (they)
Mathmaniac125 (he)
TinmansGirl27 (she) -

Approximately 24 hours remain.

maybe it’s the exam stress talking, but lynching bronco actually sounds like a good plan to me. with the way it was laid out, it seems a successful way to end the game with a town victory, especially with the lack of victory we’ve had so far.

No, it does not.

Is there a possibility jaded is Mafia and is trying to get rid of our jailer? It kinda feels like jadeds plan is working off of the Mafia groups as jaded/bronco or math/potato with the suspicions so far. That doesn't mean those are the only possible combos and it could be a redirect.

Yeah, it does seem like Jaded is intentionally trying to kill me.
Plus if they are a Mafia harlot, we cant target them in any way at night so we wouldn't know.

They are right that it clears them as harlot, but not necessarily as a town. I still think Mafia roles are unlikely but we did specifically discuss it last time and people seemed to be interested so anty could've listened.

I'm not the only person who thought that. I may be biased because they're seemingly antagonistic towards me. I don't feel comfortable lynching Bronco as we've lost too many powerful roles. They've also been quite active, as if they're talking too much.

Alright let's do the math out of fairness to Bronco here. Jaded's plan leaves us pretty low on town even if the win feels guaranteed, so let's just look at both options.

Lynching Bronco:
We're up 6-2, so here's what I propose:
Vote Bronco today (probably puts us at 5-2). This will confirm that he's Jailer and I'm Harlot.
I sit still for the night, beck investigates me, and potential Martyrs target beck (worst case is only one death, leaving us at 4-2).
This will allow us to clear me, which through process of elimination will tell us that Potato and Math are definitely Mafia.
Even if there's a mafia Idiot, we'll be at 3-1, then the night will bring us to 2-1, then we'll win.
Lynching Math:

We're up 6-2, apt observation. Takes 5 votes to lynch which will have to include jaded or beck, probably.
Vote math today - could put us at either 6-1, 4-2, or the least likely 5-1 (mafia idiot).
Let's assume 4-2 first since that's our biggest concern.
4-2: This leaves us with jaded, potato, and bronco as suspects in that order. We would probably ask bronco to jail potato and beck to target jaded. This requires both bronco and jaded not to lie about night actions, but both of them being scum still feels unlikely to me.
We'd be able to move forward the following day knowing who lied. I don't see how town loses even at the possible 3-2 ratio that remains.
6-1/5-1: these should be about the same. We only have one scum left and plenty of power roles.

My point is this: jaded is acting super suspicious, but seems to be putting their neck on the line in a few different ways. I think I'm going to make the decision to trust them, since I also trust Bronco and I don't think they are both scum. If we trust jaded, we should not lynch bronco. If we don't trust jaded, then we should not listen to what they want us to do.

I think lynch Math. If I die, y'all know what to do next.

Current votes:

beck (they) -
e-bag (he) -
Iateap0tat0 (any) -
justabitjaded (they)
Mathmaniac125 (he)
TinmansGirl27 (she) - Mathmaniac125

I get that you trust Bronco. I do too (for the most part, although the adamant pushback against a plan that works fine even if he's still town does increase my suspicion a bit). But I just don't see the point in trusting more people than we need to.

Edit: What about this: we go with Tinny's plan, but tonight we also have all potential Martyrs/Trackers target Potato. That way we know that Bronco actually does jail Potato.

Edit 2: I guess a Tracker could flip a coin to decide between targeting Bronco and Potato. But if you're a potential Martyr, you'd have to target Potato.

i’m seeing a lot of good points from tinny. i think it’s best we keep bronco alive for now, i’m hesitant to trust but i do trust him for now. lynch mathy

I'm still doubtful of the current line of thinking, but I really think Jaded's up to no good.

Lynch Jaded. There's just too much circumstance this time that makes me distrust both of the plans put forward. Both of them have large gaps in trust about what people report, and there's no way to break through the validity of the plans without knowing the alignment of those saying the plans. Even if Jaded is putting their neck on the line, as a Mafia it could be possible that they've found a way to cement the other Mafia in a position of trust, giving them a good reason to throw themselves to the masses. Not only would it put trust in the other Mafia, but it'll get another townie thrown out in the meantime.

Voting Mathy.

Tonight:
I sit still, beck targets me.
Bronco targets Potato.
Potential Martyrs* target Potato. One of them should be blocked, which will confirm that Potato was indeed jailed.
Tracker flips a coin to decide whether to target Bronco or Potato.

*this includes Cho, e-bag, and Tinny, excluding whichever of those three knows that they are the tracker.

Ah, parting is such sweet sorrow.

You may think you know your allies, but some of you are sorely mistaken. If only I was a bit more active...

I'm pretty much suspicious of you both so either way jaded isn't exonerated by this. Hopefully you're wrong about being idiot and I don't die too!

Current votes:

beck (they) - Mathmaniac125
e-bag (he) -
Iateap0tat0 (any) -
justabitjaded (they) - Mathmaniac125
Mathmaniac125 (he) - justabitjaded
TinmansGirl27 (she) - Mathmaniac125

Mathmaniac125 has been lynched. He was a member of the Mafia.

Night Falls - Night 3

Mafia, you have 24 hours from the time of this post to decide who to kill.

e-bag, please ensure you post tomorrow to avoid modkilling.

Forum > Forum Games > Mafia