ForumForum Games ► Mafia
The Vampire game had inventories. That was a headache.

Can I help you run a more complicated game?

Or better yet, let you play?

I would happily take a break from running if someone else would like to.

I'd need a refresher on some things, but I'm down unless someone else wants to.

If you were planning on running the PTP game then I'd gladly let you do that so that I could play, but if you had something else in mind then I'd be happy to run the PTP game first since I think people are already excited for that.

I would love to play the PTP game if you want to run it. I don't have a solid idea of how it would work and also I'd like the opportunity to play with anty.

I'm neutral towards actually playing the PTP vs any other game type, so I can run game 20 and then perhaps somebody else can run a game. Speaking of, sign ups for game 20 are open.

Sign me up!

Sign me up for Game 20 then. Then Tinny can run one and then after that I'm still down to host. I've got some ideas for games…

I'm definitely joining this one.

I've had my fair share of running games (with the more story-driven murder mystery from half a year ago), but I doubt I'd be able to do a mafia game justice at this size.

Sounds like a plan. I'll sign up for this one.

Is this PTP then?

This would be PTP. Current sign-ups:
  • aprzn123
  • beck
  • BroncoBoy18
  • Corporal Croissandwich
  • Devery
  • e-bag
  • eriophora
  • HugzFafad
  • Iateap0tat0
  • justabitjaded
  • Mathmaniac125
  • TinmansGirl27

Like it or not, I'll be returning.

Why wouldn't I like it? I love potatoes

Potatoes are amazing. 😊

I'm in

So glad my death served a purpose. I'm in.

I'm in!

I'm in

A new person. Hello. What are your pronouns?

I'll play.

Don't kill me first please.

oh that game was crazy. i think i messed up by clearing so many people, but it was terrifying being the last mafia standing, i’ve never been in that position before. i’m definitely in for the next game!!

Devery said:
I'll play.

Don't kill me first please.

Maybe I'll play...

12 players is pretty good. Any stragglers, sign up soon. I'm sitting in bail court today so I'm going to likely start shortly.

Pick Their Power Mafia Rules

Same as always in terms of goal and rules (see the first post in the thread). The only difference is how the roles are distributed at the beginning.
  • There will be two stages of draft before the games begin. In the first round, players will select which other player they want to choose a role for. This will occur before players are told their factions.
  • Each player will send me a number from 1 to 10, and your player choice. This will be your draft. For example, if I want to pick the role of Antimony, I might pick "Antimony and 5". I will use your number to order all players by lowest UNIQUE choice to greatest. Then, people who picked duplicate numbers will be ordered from lowest to greatest, with your order being determined randomly between duplicate choices. Then, I will go down the list and assign you the player you chose. For everyone who does not win their pick, they will be randomly assigned one of the remaining players.
  • Once this is done, each player will be assigned their faction, Civilian and Mafia. The Mafia will immediately have access to a private PM to discuss their plans.
  • Each player will then send me a number from 1 to 10, and your role choice. This will be your draft for the player you are choosing for. I will use your number to order all players, Mafia and Civilian, by lowest UNIQUE choice to greatest. Then, people who picked duplicate numbers will be ordered from lowest to greatest, with your order being determined randomly between duplicate choices. Then, I will go down the list and assign players the role you chose for them. If someone higher on the list has already chosen the same role as you, they will instead be a Vanilla Civilian/Mafia.
  • This is an X/Y variant on PTP, so roles will be paired together. When you draft, you will pick a PAIR from the list. Then, if you win that pair, you will then be allowed to choose one of the two roles for the other player. If someone lower on the list picks the same PAIR as someone higher, the lower person will be Vanilla. This means, for example, there cannot be both a Neighborizer AND a Fruit Vendor.
Faction Rules
  • Day roles may PM me their actions during the day, night roles during the night.
  • Each night, the Mafia will discuss their course of action and decide who they want to kill. Along with the kill, the Mafia may leave a note, clue, narrative, or any such combination that they wish.

Roles

ROLES ARE SYMMETRICAL! This means that any one of these roles can be drafted by either Civilian OR Mafia. There could be a Vigilante Mafia, or a Vengeful Civilian. However, there can only be one PAIR drafted by a given person. So, as mentioned above there could not be both a Fruit Vendor and a Tracker. Here are the pairs:

Bookie OR Mayor
Abilities:
  • Bookie: Each night, you may select a person to guess will be eliminated the following day. If you are correct, you may block somebody's actions, learn somebody's role or learn somebody's alignment.
  • Mayor: Your votes count as two votes.

Vengeful OR Vigilante
Abilities:
  • Vengeance Kill: When you are eliminated, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
  • Vigilante Kill: Once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

Cop OR Jailer
Abilities:
  • Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Mafia", "Not Mafia", or "No Result".
  • Jail: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to jail them, blocking any night actions they might take and protecting them from a single kill.

Harlot OR Wildcard
Abilities:
  • Harlot: Each night, you may visit someone. If you visit a Mafia member, you die. If you visit a Civilian who is killed, you will also die. If you are targeted while away visiting, any actions against you will fail.
  • Wildcard: Gain a random ability each night.

Doctor OR Roleblocker
Abilities:
  • Heal: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to heal them. They will be protected from a single kill. You may not target yourself.
  • Roleblock: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to block them from performing any night actions.

Universal Backup OR Role Cop
Abilities:
  • Universal Backup: After the first powerrole has died, you will inherit their role. If the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly.
  • Role Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive either their role name or "No Result".

Neighborizer OR Tracker
Abilities:
  • Neighborizer: Each night, you may create a neighbourhood with another player in the game. You will now have access to a quicktopic thread with this player for use at any time.
  • Track: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to track them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game they targeted that phase, if any.

Fruit Vendor OR Watcher
Abilities:
  • Fruit Vendor: Each night, you may give someone a fruit. This does nothing.
  • Watcher: Each night, you may target one player in the game to watch them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game targeted them that phase, if anyone.

Game 20 Begins - Night 0

There will be 3 Mafia members this game, as there are 12 players. The players are:

• aprzn123 (they) - Civilian
  • beck (they) - Civilian
  • BroncoBoy18 (he) - the Fruit Vendor
  • Corporal Croissandwich (he) - the Neighbouriser
  • Devery (she) - Mafia
  • e-bag (he) - Civilian
  • eriophora (they) - the Bookie
  • HugzFafad (he) - Civilian
  • Iateap0tat0 (any) - the Harlot
  • justabitjaded (they) - Civilian
  • Mathmaniac125 (he) - Mafia
  • TinmansGirl27 (she) - the Mafia Role Cop

The game will begin at night. Everyone has 24 hours from the time of this message to select their first draft. Once the player selections are distributed, there will be another 24 hour period for the role draft. Then the Mafia has 24 hours to send me their first kill. Devery and HugzFafad are off limits to kill during the first night. No one is allowed to talk during the night or via PMs, other than the Mafia. If you didn't receive your role, please PM me. If you have a role that has an action to perform at night, I am not going to remind you, so make sure to pay attention and PM me at the correct time. If you do not, you will not do anything at all.

Corpse Chat: https://game9corpsechat.freeforums.net/

Forum > Forum Games > Mafia