ForumForum Games ► Two Cans and String Awesome Game, Great Job!
TL;DR: It's three word story but four words this time and around quadruple the context (of which is immediately thrown out the window for comedic effect). The only thing unchanged is the poor continuity.

My friends, we are going to write a beautiful story. Writing a beautiful story is no simple task, however. You have to know things. You have to be a person with a head. So we're going to invalidate that completely.

My colleagues, this story will be like no other. It will surpass expectations, and shatter records. The expectations will be surpassed and records will definitely be set. The setting is definitely going to happen and it will be large in nature. It will be BIG in size and reach.

Basically, write a single sentence using your brain. That sounds pretty easy to you, right? Keep it above six words as well, for elaboration. A bit less easy, but I know you can manage. The sentence in question should follow the last four words of the previous sentence. Yes, only the last four words; completely disregard (TRY TO FORGET ABOUT ALL PREVIOUS WORDS?) all other words in the previous sentence and only focus on those last four words, and use them to your FULLEST ADVANTAGE. I also want you to pack a lot of information in those last four words, but don't do it with the expectation that people will want to continue the story in a logical way Birds Singing Beethoven Music.

Now, in your infinite wisdom, complete the sentence. The cycle will now repeat until people either get bored or confused. Do you have an immense adoration for non-sequiturs? Please keep that adoration and mind in make the most unhinged things one can think of.

Let's see an example story, okay?

User 1: It was a sunny day in good town and a man was buying some bread.
User 2 looks at the last four words, "was buying some bread", and constructs a new sentence using only those words as the boilerplate. User 2 can't use the previous sentence as context and instead must use the end of it as the entire basis for the new sentence.
User 2: Bread, however, is expensive, meaning people will eat less.
User 3: The absence of food has caused everyone to starve and die!
User 4: Now the entire world is extinct, leaving only one man left.
User 5: The man's name is Dean, and he roams the Earth looking for gold.

So on and so forth.

I will begin writing my sentence and I will start the story off pleasantly.

It is late and a man walks onto a stage with his friend, Dean.

The man's name was...

Keep it above six words as well, for elaboration. A bit less easy, but I know you can manage.
Try again, my great and dear friend. And this time read the entire rules.

What? Huh? Wha? HhhahUh? I did but im illiterate

Let's see an example story, okay?

User 1: It was a sunny day in good town and a man was buying some bread.
User 2 looks at the last four words, "was buying some bread", and constructs a new sentence using only those words as the boilerplate. User 2 can't use the previous sentence as context and instead must use the end of it as the entire basis for the new sentence.
User 2: Bread, however, is expensive, meaning people will eat less.
User 3: The absence of food has caused everyone to starve and die!
User 4: Now the entire world is extinct, leaving only one man left.
User 5: The man's name is Dean, and he roams the Earth looking for gold.

So on and so forth.

Can't do this. It's late at night and I think my frizzles just kicked in. I don't get this game. Later dude.

i get it now

Good. Begin when?

hoylecake said:
It is late and a man walks onto a stage with his friend, Dean.

For the most part, Dean was just an ordinary man, but he had a dark secret

You see, they secretly had the power to piss gasoline.

His power saved him a lot of money, because he could fuel his car at completely no cost!

Until Mister Moneyface came around and screwed everything up.

He was known for being an expert in building things with screws and nails, and no one had even seen him make a mistake

You see, he had accidentally set fire to an unstable compound, blowing up the building.

Luckily, no one else was in the building, and there were no other buildings nearby

It was lonely in the vicinity, with no neighbours to keep anyone company after the nuke hit.

The B-52 Stratofortress made a right bank, avoiding the blast safely.

However, an evil bomber plane from above sent more nukes onto the ground!

The earth shook as the heat from these nukes burned almost everyone alive.

Now everyone was burned to a crisp, but FireMan remained.

FireMan was the last of the group, The League of Fire

The league ended up disbanded, because someone set fire to the fire extinguisher

The fire extinguisher was bright red and shiny.

He pushed the shiny and red button. The chamber filled with water.

Upon encountering the chamber while spelunking, he started to run the other way

Forum > Forum Games > Two Cans and String Awesome Game, Great Job!