ForumForum Games ► Quarriors

Game Name: Quarriors

In this game, you use Creatures and spells in order to gain Glory. Whoever gets a certain amount of Glory first wins the game.

Starting the Game

At the beginning of a game, three Spell cards and seven Creature cards are randomly selected. Those, plus the (four) Basic cards, make up the Wilds. One the fourteen cards are placed out, each of the Spell and Creature cards get five corresponding dice. You can see the Wilds for this game, and the current amount of dice, in the second post of this thread.

The Dice

Each dice has different symbols which correspond to different actions/effects.

Quiddity: Almost every die in the game has a chance to roll Quiddity. That is the currency of the game and can be spent to summon creatures or capture dice from the Wilds.

Re-Roll: If a die lands on this symbol, you can re-roll this dice. Some dice (such as Assistant Dice) requires you to re-roll this die and another die.

Draw-And-Roll: If a die lands on this symbol, you can draw another die from your bag (explained later) and roll it.

Creature: If a die lands on this symbol, you have the chance to summon the creature. Each creature requires a different amount of Quiddity in order to summon it. Even on the same die, there are different levels of Creatures with corresponding Attack, Defense, and Burst power.

Spell: If a die lands on this symbol, you are able to use the die's corresponding effect. Most spell dice can also be saved for later.

Burst: Some dice have Burst power in addition to their normal effects. Burst power is detonated by an asterisk (*).

Play Area

In Bag: This is where dice go that you haven't yet rolled/used. This is also where the six dice that you roll for your turn comes from (explained later).

Active Pile: This is where dice go that you have rolled during the turn but haven't used yet. If there are any dice left here at the end of your turn, they will be moved to the Used Pile.

Ready Pile: This is where your summoned Creatures and stored spell dice go.

Spent Pile: This is where your used dice go before the end of your turn.

Used Pile: This is where all of the dice that isn't in your Ready Pile (or still in your bag) go at the end of your turn.

During Your Turn

Phase 1: Scoring Creatures: If your Creature that you summoned during your last turn is still in play, that Creature "scores". The Creature dice is moved to your Used Pile and you earn Glory, depending on the Creature. For every Creature that scores, you can move one die from your Used Pile back to the Wilds. This is optional.

Phase 2: Draw/Roll/Ready Dice: Six dice will be randomly selected from your bag. They will be rolled and the results posted. What happens next depends on the dice. You can summon Creatures, use Spells, re-roll dice, and/or other stuff, depending on what dice you roll.

Phase 3: Attack your opponents: Once Phase 2 is over, your Creature(s) will automatically attack each player. If your Creatures' ATK points are higher than your opponent's Creatures' DEF points, your opponent's Creature(s) are destroyed. (There's more to this, but I'll explain as it happens.)

Phase 4: Capture a die from the Wilds: If you have some remaining Quiddity, you can use them to capture a single die from the Wilds whose Cost is equal to or less than the amount of Quiddity you have.

Phase 5: Move dice to Used Pile: Any remaining dice in your Active Pile and any dice you used this turn will be moved to the Used Pile. After that, your turn is over.

Winning

There are two ways of ending the game. If a player reaches (12/15/20) Glory, they win. However, if there are four or more Creature cards with no dice on them, the game immediately ends (with the player with the most Glory winning).

►Basic Cards

Basic Quiddity Dice: 3
Cost: 0
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 1 Quiddity, 1 Quiddity, 1 Quiddity, 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity
Abilities:
  • No special abilities.

Assistant Dice: 5
Cost: 1
Glory: 1
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 1 Quiddity, 1 Quiddity, Immediate, Level 1 Summon, Level 1 Summon
Abilities:
  • [Immediate] Re-roll this die and one other die.
Creature Stats:
  • Level 1: 1 ATK / 2 DEF

Portal Dice: 5
Cost: 4
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, Immediate (1), Immediate (1), Immediate (2), Immediate (2), Immediate (2)
Abilities:
  • [Immediate] Draw and roll one die.
  • [Immediate] Draw and roll two dice.

►Spell Cards

Oblation Spell Dice: 1
Cost: 2
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, Oblation Spell, Oblation Spell, Oblation Spell
Abilities:
  • Cast this Spell to cull one die from your Spent or Used Pile, then draw and roll one die. You can only cast this Spell before the attack phase of your turn.

Growth Spell Dice: 0
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, Growth Spell, Growth Spell, Growth Spell
Abilities:
  • [Immediate] Gain 2 Quiddity. Draw and roll 1 die.

Life Spell Dice: 5
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, Life Spell, Life Spell, Life Spell
Abilities:
  • [Reaction] Cast this Spell to give all Creatures in your Ready Area +4 defense for the remainder of this turn.

►Creature Cards

Ghostly Spirit Dice: 2
Cost: 3
Glory: 2
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, Level 1 Summon, Level 1 Summon, Level 2 Summon
Abilities:
  • When Ghostly Spirit is destroyed, you may cull 1 Basic Quiddity Die to return Ghostly Spirit to your Ready Area (for free).
Creature Stats:
  • Level 1: ATK 2 / DEF 2
  • Level 2: ATK 3 / DEF 3

Mighty Mischievous Imp Dice: 1
Cost: 5
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, Level 1 Summon, * Level 2 Summon, ** Level 3 Summon
Abilities:
  • When Mischievous Imp is summoned, you may draw and roll one die, and you may capture one additional Quarry die this turn.
  • * Gain +2 Quiddity when you summon Mischievous Imp.
  • ** Gain +3 Quiddity when you summon Mischievous Imp.
Creature Stats:
  • Level 1: ATK 1 / DEF 1
  • Level 2: ATK 2 / DEF 2
  • Level 3: ATK 3 / DEF 3

Witching Hag Dice: 5
Cost: 5
Glory: 3
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, Level 1 Summon, Level 1 Summon, Level 2 Summon
Abilities:
  • You gain +1 Quiddity for each Creature you destroy as long as Witching Hag is in your Ready Area.
Creature Stats:
  • Level 1: ATK 3 / DEF 3
  • Level 2: ATK 4 / DEF 5

Troll Behemoth Dice: 2
Cost: 6
Glory: 3
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, * 2 Quiddity, Level 1 Summon, Level 2 Summon, Level 3 Summon
Abilities:
  • When Troll Behemoth is summoned, each of your opponents with only one Creature in their Ready Area must rotate their Creatures to a level 1 face of their choice, ignoring any "when summoned" abilities.
  • * Each of your opponents must rotate one Creature in their Ready Areas down one level, if possible, ignoring any "when summoned" abilities.
Creature Stats:
  • Level 1: ATK 4 / DEF 2
  • Level 2: ATK 5 / DEF 3
  • Level 3: ATK 6 / DEF 6

Primordial Ooze Dice: 5
Cost: 8
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, Level 2 Summon, Level 2 Summon, Level 2 Summon
Abilities:
  • ? = The number of Basic Quiddity Dice in your Used Pile and Active Pool (combined). If you have no Basic Quiddity Dice in play, Primordial Ooze is destroyed.
Creature Stats:
  • Level 2: ATK ? / DEF ?

Mighty Questing Wizard Dice: 5
Glory: 4
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity + Immediate (1), 2 Quiddity, * 2 Quiddity, Level 1 Summon, Level 2 Summon, ** Level 3 Summon
Abilities:
  • When Questing Wizard scores, all Quarry dice cost you 2 less Quiddity to capture this turn, and you may capture 1 additional Quarry die this turn.
  • * You may spend Questing Wizard as an Immediate Effect to draw and roll 2 dice from your bag (instead of gaining Quiddity).
Creature Stats:
  • Level 1: ATK 2 / DEF 5
  • Level 2: ATK 3 / DEF 6
  • Level 3: ATK 4 / DEF 8

Strong Quake Dragon Dice: 2
Glory: 4
Dice Sides: 1 Quiddity, 2 Quiddity, 3 Quiddity OR Re-Roll, Level 1 Summon, Level 2 Summon, Level 3 Summon
Abilities:
  • Creatures that are Level 2 or less cannot attack you as long as Quake Dragon is in your Ready Area (do not add their attack value to the attack total).
Creature Stats:
  • Level 1: ATK 4 / DEF 4
  • Level 2: ATK 6 / DEF 6
  • Level 3: ATK 8 / DEF 7

►Mustache

Glory: 24/20
In Bag: 3x Basic Quiddity Dice, 3x Growth Spell Dice, 3x Assistant Dice, 2x Strong Quake Dragon Dice, 2x Mighty Mischievous Imp Dice, 1x Oblation Spell Die, 1x Ghostly Spirit Die
Ready Pile:
Used Pile: 3x Basic Quiddity Dice, 1x Growth Spell Die, 1x Oblation Spell Die, 1x Assistant Die, 1x Strong Quake Dragon Die

►cool7girl7

Glory: 17/20
In Bag: 5x Basic Quiddity Dice, 2x Troll Behemoth Dice, 2x Assistant Dice, 2x Ghostly Spirit Dice, 1x Mighty Mischievous Imp Die, 1x Oblation Spell Die
Ready Pile: Level 1 Assistant, Level 1 Mighty Mischievous Imp
Used Pile: 2x Basic Quiddity Dice, 1x Oblation Spell Die, 1x Troll Behemoth Die, 1x Ghostly Spirit Die

Yup. I will play.

Alright, we will get started now. I'll explain everything as we go, so even if you haven't played before, you will learn. Perhaps.

First, it is cool7girl7's turn. She has to roll six dice. Those six dice are randomly chosen from the dice in her "bag". Those dice are...

Dice 1: Basic Quiddity
Dice 2: Assistant Dice
Dice 3: Basic Quiddity
Dice 4: Basic Quiddity
Dice 5: Basic Quiddity
Dice 6: Basic Quiddity

Now that she has six dice to roll, she will roll them.

Dice 1: Basic Quiddity: 1 Quiddity
Dice 2: Assistant Dice: Re-Roll
Dice 3: Basic Quiddity: 1 Quiddity
Dice 4: Basic Quiddity: 2 Quiddity
Dice 5: Basic Quiddity: 1 Quiddity
Dice 6: Basic Quiddity: 1 Quiddity

She got a re-roll on her Assistant dice, so she has to re-roll that die and one other of her choice. cool7girl7, which dice # do you want to re-roll?

You just replaced Muschy's name with mine. -_-
Does it matter which one I roll? They're all the same...
I roll number 1.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Anyway, after re-rolling dice #1 and #2, you have the following:

Dice 2: Assistant Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 3: Basic Quiddity: 1 Quiddity
Dice 5: Basic Quiddity: 1 Quiddity

That means you have a total of seven Quiddity that you can use. Since you didn't roll any Creatures, you don't have to deal with that. Now, you can "capture" (purchase) one dice from the Wilds (see the second post on the thread). As long as the Cost is under 7 Quiddity, you can capture it. You can only capture one dice this turn, so choose wisely.

[Yes, I'll play.]

I'll buy a Portal.

Good choice. That ends your turn.

Mustache //Randomizing Dice & Rolling Dice
Dice 2: Basic Quiddity: 1 Quiddity
Dice 3: Assistant: 1 Quiddity
Dice 5: Assistant: Re-Roll

That makes a total of six Quiddity, but you have to re-roll some dice. Mustache, which die do you want to re-roll?

Both assistants, please.

Mustache //Re-Rolled Dice
Dice 3: Assistant: Assistant (Level 1; ATK 1; DEF 2)
Dice 5: Assistant: Re-roll

Now what you you want to re-roll?

A basic.

Mustache //Re-Rolled Dice (2)
Dice 5: Assistant: 1 Quiddity

Your move?

Play the assistant, (1 Quid) and buy an Imp.

Armo Wildface //Randomize & Roll Dice
Dice 1: Assistant Dice: Assistant (Level 1; ATK 1; DEF 2)
Dice 2: Basic Quiddity Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 3: Assistant Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 4: Basic Quiddity Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 5: Basic Quiddity Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 6: Basic Quiddity Dice: 1 Quiddity

Alright, you have 5 Quiddity and an Assistant. You can summon the Assistant by spending 1 Quiddity, if you wish. With your remaining Quiddity, you can capture (buy) a single die from the Wilds (whose cost is equal to or lower than the amount of Quiddity you have).

So, do you want to summon the Assistant? What do you want to capture, if anything?

Why is my name there? :|

Edit: I said that I will spectate the first game. xD

Because I wanted you to play... Oh, well. I guess I'll just take your spot, then.

I'm going to summon the Assistant and capture a Devotee of the Holy Query.

PoliticalDude //Randomize & Roll Dice
Dice 2: Assistant: Assistant (Level 1; ATK 1; DEF 2)
Dice 4: Assistant: 1 Quiddity
Dice 5: Assistant: Assistant (Level 1; ATK 1; DEF 2)

You have 3 Quiddity and three Assistants. You can...

> Use 1 Quid to summon 1 Assistant (and optionally capture another Assistant die)
> Use 2 Quid to summon 2 Assistants (and optionally capture another Assistant die)
> Use 3 Quid to summon 3 Assistants
> Capture an Assistant die OR any die that has a Cost of 3.

Oh, sorry. I just don't know enough about it to be able to play yet.

I'll summon two assistants, because, well, that sounds smart. Warn me if I'm doing anything stupid.

If you are going to summon Assistants, you might as well summon all three. I don't think capturing another Assistant die is worth it.

Then let's do that. All three it is.

Alright. For now, your turn is over.

cool7girl7 //Randomizing & Rolling Dice

Dice 1: Basic Quiddity Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 3: Basic Quiddity Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 4: Assistant Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 5: Assistant Dice: Assistant (Level 1; ATK 1; DEF 2)

cool7girl7, which die do you want to re-roll?

Assistant

I will assume you mean Dice 5.

cool7girl7 //Re-Rolling Dice

Dice 1: Basic Quiddity Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 3: Basic Quiddity Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 4: Assistant Dice: 1 Quiddity
Dice 5: Assistant Dice: 1 Quiddity

Another re-roll... Your choice?

Forum > Forum Games > Quarriors