ForumForum Games ► Werewolf!

Game 4: Still Not Riddlewolf

Welcome back! Those of you who've played in my Werewolf games before know what this is about. It's a themed Mafia game, typically with wolf-y and supernatural-y themed roles. First-timers, the rules should make it fairly explicit how things work. I'll be using a blend of my old Werewolf rules and blatantly stealing borrowing a bit of Wildface's rules.

The Goal

There're two factions: The Wolves and The Town. The town wins when all the wolves are dead. The wolves win when they are equal to, or outnumber, the town.

Gameplay

During the day phase everyone votes on who they believe should be lynched. Day-active powers may be used during the day. (duh.) During the night phase, everyone sleeps. Well. Almost everyone. The wolves plot and decide who they'll target that night. Any night-active powers are used at the same time, as well.

The Rules

• Days will be 48 hours.
  • Nights will be 24 hours.
Day/Night cycle changes at roughly 6PM EST. Probably. This tends to skew toward midnight EST for some reason.

PYP Rules
  • The townsfolk win if they can exterminate the Wolves. The Wolves win if they equal the number of townsfolk.
  • There will be wolves proportional to the number of players. For example. Four players, one wolf. Eight players, two wolves. Ten players, three wolves. Whatever sounds right.
  • At the very beginning of the game, each player will be assigned their faction, Town and Wolf. The wolves will immediately have access to a private PM to discuss their plans.
  • Each player will then send me a number from 1 to 12, and your role choice. This will be your draft. I will use your number to order all players, Scum and Town, by lowest UNIQUE choice to greatest. Then, people who picked duplicate numbers will be ordered from lowest to greatest, with your order being determined randomly between duplicate choices. Then, I will go down the list and assign you the role you chose. If someone higher on the list has already chosen the same role as you, you will instead be a Vanilla Townie/Wolf.
  • This is an X/Y variant on PYP, so roles will be paired together. When you draft, you will pick a PAIR from the list. Then, if you win that pair you will then be allowed to choose one of the two roles. If someone lower on the list picks the same PAIR as someone higher, the lower person will be Vanilla. This means, for example, there cannot be both a Neighborizer AND a Fruit Vendor.

Faction Rules
  • Each day, everyone will cast a vote in bold on who they think should be killed. If it is not in bold I won't be counting it, for sake of making it easier to track votes.
  • Day roles may PM me their actions during the day, night roles during the night.
  • Each night, the wolves will discuss their course of action and decide who they want to kill. Along with the kill, the wolves may leave a note, clue, narrative, or any such combination that they wish. I may or may not write a narrative to accompany the kills, and they WILL NOT contain clues. This depends on whether or not I have time. I differ here from Anty's rules: the wolves can not communicate during the day via PM.

Posting
  • I'll be posting important things in this blue.
  • Do not post here if you are not playing. Do not post here if you are dead, with the exception of one SINGLE parting message. Do not post at night.
  • Do not quote your role PM, or pretend to quote your role PM.
  • If a player does not post at least once per (Day) Phase, he/she will be notified by PM. If this happens again, he/she will be replaced or Modkilled.

Honesty & Behavior
  • Do not PM other players or discuss the game outside this thread, with the the exception of the Wolves, and possible power roles, who may talk privately at night.
  • One you've posted, do not edit your post to add or remove anything. Double post if you need to.
  • Do not use white text.
  • Do not harass a player. Aggression is a viable tactic but keep it within reason.

Roles

ROLES ARE SYMMETRICAL! This means that any one of these roles can be drafted by either Town OR Wolf. There could be a 1-Shot Vigilante Wolf, or a Vengeful Townie. However, there can only be one PAIR drafted by a given person. So, as mentioned above there could not be both a Fruit Vendor and a Neighborizer. Here are the pairs:

Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful
Abilities:
  • Vigilante Kill: On Night 3, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
  • Vengeance Kill: When you are eliminated, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot PGO
Abilities:
  • Vigilante Kill: Once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
  • 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner: On one night of your choice, you may elect to "arm" yourself. If you do, you kill anyone who targets you that night.

Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector
Abilities:
  • Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Wolf", "Not Wolf", or "No Result".
  • 1-Shot Redirector: On one night of your choice, you may select a player to "redirect". If they are using an action that night, they will be redirected to another player of your choice.

1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher
Abilities:
  • Commute: Once, at night, you may commute, rendering yourself unable to be targeted by any actions that phase.
  • Watch: Once, at night, you may target one player in the game to watch them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game targeted them that phase, if anyone.

Doctor OR Roleblocker
Abilities:
  • Heal: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to heal them. They will be protected from a single kill. You may not target yourself.
  • Roleblock: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to block them from performing any night actions.

Universal Backup OR Role Cop
Abilities:
  • Universal Backup: After the first powerrole has died, you will inherit their role. If the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly.
  • Role Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive either their role name or "No Result". Goons and Vanilla Townies will return a result of "Vanilla".

Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor
Abilities:
  • Neighborizer: Each night, you may create a neighbourhood with another player in the game. You will now have access to a quicktopic thread with this player for use at any time.
  • Fruit Vendor: Each night, you may target a player in the game and give them a piece of fruit. The fruit does nothing.

Jailkeeper OR Tracker
Abilities:
  • Jail: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to jail them, blocking any night actions they might take and protecting them from a single kill.
  • Track: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to track them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game they targeted that phase, if any.

Night Five - 1 Wolves and 3 Town

The Players

01. Devery - She/Her
02. mathmaniac125 - He/Him - A Vanilla Townie
03. eriophora - They/Them - A Doctor
04. Antagonist - 💼 - A Fruit Vendor Wolf
05. Iateap0tat0 - She/Her
06. justabitjaded - They/Them - A 1-Shot Redirector Townie
07. beck - She/They
08. BroncoBoy18 - He/Him - A Vanilla Wolf
09. E-bag - He/Him - A Vanilla Townie
10. Sri Lankan Devil Bird - He/Him - A 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner Townie
11. aprzn123 - They/She

I'm game.

So, werewolf popcorn? I'm game.

Mee too?

I'll play

I'll join!

Coldfrost said:
Porque no?

I'm in.

Although, Isaac, whatever happened to riddlewolf? I was looking forward to that.

Riddlewolf?

I'll play.

I'll play.

Eugh. Riddlewolf didn't work out. It was supposed to be like one of those clue games where you know which neighbor lives next to what kind of person but setting one of those up is a mess. I'd be willing to give it another shot sometime though.

Let me know if you feel inspired. I would be happy to help.

I'll play!

I wanna play!

I'll let you in Tony but you NEED to post more often than in the other game.

I would like to be back on the other side of things.

(Invisible Messages)

Isaac said:
I'll let you in Tony but you NEED to post more often than in the other game.

Deal, this looks a little simpler than the other games so I won't be as lost.

Signups will close at 6PM PST.

I'll be in, It sounds intense.

Change my name to GoldLion please. It is I. The J-Rob.

Ah. So that's who.

Forum > Forum Games > Werewolf!