ForumForum Games ► Risky Three...! (A Global Domination Game)
I'm keen to get this under way. I've already suggested making one of the factions neutral, and I think that would be the quickest and easiest.

I definitely agree with DIAV. in fact, just make any factions that leave neutral.

That's the way the first two games were. I'll get this worked up tonight, and post the updated maps and whatnot, so we could get the first regular turns in by Wednesday.

edit:
(That is, as soon as evergreen sends me their moves for Turn #1)

After much delay, let the game begin...! :D

I've updated the Active Map in the first post, and each player has their trooped armed and ready. We're using a new map based off of the map a player graciously sent me. Thank you.
(The numbers in white show how many armies are in that territory.)

A couple of notes:
  • Given the delay, I'm giving players until Monday (March 18th) to send me their moves for Turn #2. After that we are going to do the standard Monday - Wednesday - Friday midnight cut offs for the next turn's moves. Don't worry, I'll keep everyone updated after each turn.
  • I've replaced the slot for Player #6 (Pink) with a neutral NPC faction. They started with the same reinforcements split evenly, but won't gain any more or make attacks.

That's a nice Australia/Indonesia you guys got down here. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm willing to ally with anyone who is down to Air Lift their troops out of Australia.

One minor clarification: How do you get to EU-2 from the rest of Europe? There aren't any dotted lines leading there aside from one from NA.

Hmm... corrections may have been made since the map I posted was uploaded. It has been updated...

(Ooops... >.>)

I like what you've done with the map.

The colours in the player box don't match the ones on the map.

Is diplomacy by PM allowed, or should it all be done openly here?

That's a nice Australia/Indonesia you guys got down here. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm willing to ally with anyone who is down to Air Lift their troops out of Australia.

Allies are good.

I'm prepared to consider it, but it would cost 2 cards, which I don't have, so nothing's going to happen this turn. We can discuss further by PM if allowed - I'll wait for the answer to my question above.

By all means discuss diplomacy and strategy with each other via PM or in the thread... :)
(though it is more entertaining and fair to others to discuss it openly)
Keep in mind though, in the past games some players agreed to something but immediately went against that agreement as strategy... >.>

I'll update the player tab to more closely match the player colors on the map now, and post it with the Turn #2 map...

It's a mix of passive/aggressive for Turn #2 as the game gets underway...! :O

I've updated the Active Map in the original post...

Here are the battle results for Turn #2:
  • DIAV attacked Asia-7 with armies from Africa-3, losing the battle.
  • DIAV attacked North America-4 with armies from North America-8, capturing the territory and earning a card.
  • DIAV attacked North America-3 with armies from North America-9, capturing the territory and earning a second card.
  • evergreen attacked Africa-4 with armies from Africa-2, capturing the territory and earning a card.
  • Lazro attacked Asia-1 with armies from Europe-6, capturing the territory and earning a card.
  • Lazro attacked Asia-11 with joint forces from Europe-6 and Asia-2, capturing the territory and earning a second card.
  • Lazro attacked Asia-8 with armies from Asia-2, capturing the territory and earning a third card.
  • Lazro attacked Asia-12 with armies from Asia-6, capturing the territory and earning a fourth card.

Players, please take a look at the map and send me your moves for Turn #3 before tomorrow (March 20th) by midnight...! :D

I feel kinda like I'm holding up the game.
I have some firewall at my house that is blocking imgur and the other image options sites APG proposed. The last two turns I have made while at school (with a different firewall), but I could make my turn faster if the image was dm'ed to me in Discord.
This is just an idea; maybe everyone else likes the 2-day turn speed anyway.

I'll send you a message, and get you the map somehow to deal with this complication. No worries.

Every time APG sends me a message that ends with :) I get irrationally nervous that he knows that I've made a terrible mistake...

...or is it really irrational...??

Well you seem to be winning so far.

eeeh, it's only turn one, there's plenty of time for me to ruin everything

Heh, well there is no reason to feel that way... I hold no bias, and don't look into the players' moves until I go to play them out...

I just begin with "Got it... :)" in the first line to my responses to players' turns so that it's easy to see (In the "Risk Game..." message folder I made) who has already sent me their moves... ;)

Hey everyone, sorry I’m late to the party. In short: work sucks. Don’t get older, kids. But I’m back so yay.

Thanks for the advice! How do I stop getting older? Do I just call in to cancel my subscription?

Forum > Forum Games > Risky Three...! (A Global Domination Game)