ForumForum Games ► TCaS Secret Hitler - Don't Mention The War
Lazro said:
The President must use their power before the next Election.

Just a reminder of this rule. DIAV is right, you have to pick someone in your special election.

Though if the game doesn't end in a fascist victory after Alfa is president first, then it may be beneficial for him to have a second term and keep the game going.

This all depends on whether we can trust him or not.

it may be beneficial for him to have a second term and keep the game going.

That makes no sense to me.

The point at issue is who gets to be president before Alfa. It is also the choice of chancellor which could end the game from now on.

Wait - so if Hitler is selected as Chancellor will that end the game?

yes

I think DIAV obviously makes more sense in terms of safety, but I see the merit in following Cho's (and previously Purple's) idea too.

Seeing Alfa's decision as chancellor can allow us to discern whether he is fascist. (Assuming the cards aren't 3 fascists again)
If so, we can vote against his government on his second term as president, and his choice of chancellor in that round can be strongly suspected of fascism as well.

But this is definitely as long as the president is liberal.

Ok, so I'm assuming since it's been (well over) 24 hours, Alfanewmerik has the presidency? Can you confirm this, Laz?

Also, if Hitler becomes president, does that end the game?

Isn't there a policy where votes get cast randomly when the thread is 24+ hours old? Would that be the same for president selection, where Laz randomly chooses someone?

Sorry about that, things have gotten a little busy and I've not had the chance to check the thread for a bit.

Since 24+ hours have passed without activity in the discussion thread, the choice of president for this special election will be random.

A Special Election has begun. The current Presidential Candidate is Justabitjaded.

Purplelover must now select a Chancellor. The Chancellor must be selected before the last post in this thread is 24 hours old.

Players are encouraged to discuss who they believe will be a suitable choice for Chancellor - achieving a consensus makes it more likely that the Government will be elected.

wow, perfect!

No other players were suggested as alternatives. I'm choosing Alfa as canceler edit: oops! NM

I'm pretty sure I'm the president right now. I think Laz made a typo when he said you'd choose the chancellor.

I would agree with jaded.

From the linked rules (special election): "The new President nominates an eligible player as Chancellor Candidate and the Election proceeds as usual."

@Chotano: no. Only the Chancellor triggers that rule.

Yes, I checked the rules. DIAV is correct. I think we should follow the actual instructions, rather than what Lazro probably mistyped (no offense!)

I nominate azerty as my chancellor.

disclaimer: I might not be back until wednesday so anything before that will be randomly selected, until then.

Well, you'd better be a fascist then, I guess.

still waiting to see if the government passes

is it too late to join?

Since 24 hours have passed in the thread without activity, remaining votes have been cast randomly.

The Government has passed! Justabitjaded is the President, and Azerty is the Chancellor.

Votes:
1. azerty: Ja!
2. hellowhatisthis: Ja!
3. ちょたの_chotano: Ja!
4. justabitjaded: Ja!
5. DIAV: Ja!
6. Purplelover: Ja!
7. alfanewmerik: Nein

The President will now draw three Policies off the top of the Policy Deck. They will then discard one Policy, and the two remaining Policies will be revealed to the Chancellor. The Chancellor will then select one policy to pass.

Players outside of the Government may continue discussion in this thread, however, the President and Chancellor are forbidden to communicate publicly or privately with each other or other players.

The President and Chancellor must select a policy within 24 hours of receiving their policies by PM. If more than 24 hours go by, then a policy will be selected for them according to their role (i.e. if a Liberal Chancellor receives a Liberal and Fascist policy, then the Liberal Policy will be selected. If said player receives two Fascist policies, however, a Fascist policy will be selected.)

The President and Chancellor have selected a policy to pass.

The Government has passed a Liberal Policy.

A new Election has begun. The current Presidential Candidate is Alfanewmerik.

Alfanewmerik must now select a Chancellor. The Chancellor must be selected before the last post in this thread is 24 hours old.

Keep in mind: If another Liberal Policy is passed, the game will end in a Liberal victory.

Players are encouraged to discuss who they believe will be a suitable choice for Chancellor - achieving a consensus makes it more likely that the Government will be elected.

is it too late to join?

Once a game is in progress then yes, pretty much unless we needed a substitute.

This game is nearing the end, though, and I'm hoping there will be another.

So we've got a bit of a situation. I was given 2 liberal policies and 1 fascist policy, which leaves us with (at most) 1 liberal policy left in the 6-card deck, so we're going to need a liberal president and chancellor to pass it.

Is it the last president and chancellor candidates who cannot be chosen as chancellor, or the last successful government?

Here's my plan, if it is the last successful ones:
1. Fail Alfa's election.
2. Elect Azerty as president and DIAV as chancellor.
3. If they pass a liberal policy, the game is over. If they pass a fascist policy, Azerty executes Chotano, so that we can get to DIAV's presidency without 3 failed governments in a row.
4. Fail Hello's election.
5. Fail my election, because I wouldn't be able to nominate a trustworthy candidate.
6. Elect DIAV as president and me as chancellor.
7. If we pass a liberal policy, the game is over. If Purple lied earlier and we are forced to pass a fascist policy, then we execute whomever we think is strategically best.

If it is just the most recent candidates, we have more freedom:
  • Azerty can select either me or DIAV (or if Alfa chooses one of us, whichever is available) in step 2.
  • Azerty can execute whomever we want in step 3, because -
  • - I will be able to choose either Azerty or DIAV, so we won't be forced to fail my election.

If all 4 liberals go along with this, then it will work, and I think this is our most effective strategy moving forward. I'm very sorry to whoever is the 4th liberal, but I hope you understand why I don't trust you by name.

I believe it's the last elected government who are barred, but best get Lazro to confirm.

Good point about the policy cards - I hadn't thought that through properly. I'm provisionally in favour of that plan, but I'll want to think about it for a bit.

Alfa u better choose a liberal

edit: I'm travelling because of a competition thing so my votes may be cast randomly and all that if I'm not on this website

Forum > Forum Games > TCaS Secret Hitler - Don't Mention The War