ForumForum Games ► Kylljoy’s Quest
Man going back to the beginning is really confusing. And I still don't know what in the world that code type.

Kylljoy said:
You will be granted three hints and one answer for the entirety of the quest. A hint will be purposely less cryptic, and an answer will tell you how to outright solve the step. I'd suggest you use them wisely.

Mayhaps a hint is in order, if you are confuzzled?

I think math is the one who should chose, considering how much they’ve done in such a short time.

Sure, I'll take a hint on this one. I've had 6 tabs open constantly on this clue and I can't seem to get it.

The original clue lies on Mrkldrky, but it isn't necessarily what you're looking for. Though you're looking for a key, a message will suffice

Hints 1/3 Used

Ah, so I was on the wrong clue after all.

The only information that I can see on the person is their name, join date, IWKTP/12, all the equals signs, and the code. I sent the alt a message, with the thought that "a message will suffice" possibly referencing that. Maybe some of this information can be used in a different way...

There's 52 equals signs, if that helps later.

It could be that the key for the cipher isn't on this step, and there's actually a thing I have to find before that.

Save this here for now

Kylljoy pointed out the distinction between Mrkldrkly's profile and the "in the hands of the devil" clue, which means that it must have something do to either with the username, IWKTP, or the encoded message. But, I can't seem to get anything out of any of those pieces of information.

I'm pretty sure it means that the key used for that clue is the same that we need now.

it must have something do to either with the username, IWKTP, or the encoded message.

Take a second to think about that.

By the way, IWKTP stands for I will kill the president, and the number is a page.

what would it have to do with IWKTP? It's not a vigenere code, doesn't work in one time pad yet, caesar shifting anything by 12 gives more junk

adsfjlk; said:
By the way, IWKTP stands for I will kill the president, and the number is a page.

what would it have to do with IWKTP? It's not a vigenere code, doesn't work in one time pad yet, caesar shifting anything by 12 gives more junk

Dude, look at the page.

of all things to perplex mathy I never expected it to be this

Kylljoy said:
Sweet.

I really like the quote "Mvtg yod fvolcrk wu iemzte ks acp. Ztrx Rlmir, Nljymvlsv N, Gym sw wgw-thr, tzs vv mvcss-xnbv, hzov ao mmmi-mds, ssaih vl mo ov od fh"

The key is to look for clues where there aren't any, even when it seems like it's a dead end.

I've given you two clues already, but here's another : one pad cipher
this was more than 600 days ago...

What would looking at the page do?

I think it's more along the lines of the name itself, but I could be wrong.

Also, I'm not the only person working on this, right? I'll check the page in due time. It's not like I've already done that every time I looped back for a clue.

Besides, the hint that we were given said the clue was on the alt's webpage, not the IWKTP webpage, which means it shouldn't have to do with the contents of that website.

Before I lose it:

Clues so far
  • hwnei qmqtb nepbf kwxps qfcmo cjfcg lx. Confused? Try retracing your steps from the very beginning. Posts can contain more than one clue...
  • Something to do with IWKTP

if this: (zadlt iqgam fifiq canwd ijstz unvjr db) has any meaning to anyone, that would help. It's a vigenere decoded using key iwktp.

Kylljoy said:
Exactly how far back?

Confused? Try retracing your steps from the very beginning. Posts can contain more than one clue...

Kylljoy said:

The original clue lies on Mrkldrky, but it isn't necessarily what you're looking for. Though you're looking for a key, a message will suffice

Hints 1/3 Used

asdfjkl; said:
Dude, look at the page.

Retracing from the beginning =/= The clue is at the beginning

What would looking at the page do?

I think it's more along the lines of the name itself, but I could be wrong.

Also, I'm not the only person working on this, right? I'll check the page in due time. It's not like I've already done that every time I looped back for a clue.

Besides, the hint that we were given said the clue was on the alt's webpage, not the IWKTP webpage, which means it shouldn't have to do with the contents of that website.

Before I lose it:

Clues so far
  • hwnei qmqtb nepbf kwxps qfcmo cjfcg lx. Confused? Try retracing your steps from the very beginning. Posts can contain more than one clue...
  • Something to do with IWKTP

if this: (zadlt iqgam fifiq canwd ijstz unvjr db) has any meaning to anyone, that would help. It's a vigenere decoded using key iwktp.

Do you seriously not know what iwktp had anything to do with at all, or just for this clue?

Just for this clue. I know what it was at the beginning. No one has any idea about the current clue though.
I know that IWKTP stands for I will Kill the President. I know the Armageddon clue had its key found there. What no one here seems to help me with is what it has to do with the clue we're working on right now.

I could just stop working on this if you guys think you know better than me.

Jeez, this hurts to watch. I didn't realize I wasn't being clear enough beforehand, so I'll clarify it now. My bad for writing a hint that was about as vague as the rest of them.

Hopefully this'll stop the infighting. As far as I can tell, Mathy is the only one doing any work. If you've got theories, don't tell him to test it, or say "that's not what we're looking for". As far as I can tell, none of you know what you're looking for, so don't write someone off too soon. So if you have a theory, or think someone's wrong, test it yourselves. You guys are supposed to work together, not lump everything on one person.

Revised Clue:

The first clue technically lies in Armageddon, yes. But you're not looking at the first clue, you're retracing your steps from the first clue. It's not going to be anything small (like "IWKTP" or 52 equals signs), you're looking for something that used to be a clue but is now something else And the clue didn't necessarily have to relate to the quest in the first place

Ah, alright. Used to be a clue, huh...

Assuming "a message will suffice," it could reference the line "look for clues where there aren't any, even when it seems like it's a dead end." It's a stretch to think that this is now advice instead of a key, but it's a possibility.

look below.

Kylljoy said:

• IWKTP/12 - "I Will Kill The President, Page 12"
  • Which gives a key used in one of the IWKTP puzzles - "to look for clues where there aren't any, even when it seems like it's a dead end"
  • Which, when decoding the cipher on Mrkldrky, gives the clue "the next clue lies at the end of the world, in the hands of a devil"
  • Which points to Armageddon (a secret alt account I've used before), on whose bio the quote '"Et Tu, Zi?" - Ceaser, I guess' is written.
  • Which suggests "E To Z", an E->Z Caeser Cipher, which deciphers the next clue, below it.
  • Which says the next clue lies "with the evil clones lying in the shadows', that they consult "the book of disgrace", and that the next key is "GABbCDEbFG"
  • Which is the g-minor key signature
Oh, that's why it's colored. Click on the "another way" in his first post here. It's a link to a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/eaEqYKz0

Here's the message:
"I suppose I may as well give a detour if nobody can remember the original. It'd be better if you could figure out what the actual site was, but I suppose I could give you some hints to point you in the right direction : 465. That's your next clue. Why? You hate that I'm deliberately vague? Why don't you cry about it to somebody else."

465 is an interesting number. Could be referencing a page number?

Oh, and a discord would be cool.

EDIT: Yep, it is. Hate thread, page 465. I didn't realize that him saying "hate that I'm vague" was a hint to the thread, so I just calculated the minimum number of posts needed to have 465 pages and went through the site. Hate thread was the closest to this number, (469 pages) so I checked. Lo and behold, his only post on that page has a link from his future self. Here's the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Z4b3LW5A

"^ Wow, you actually found something! Good for you!

< What, you want another hint?

v Fine. 983450 is all you're going to get. If you can't figure out the other clue I'm hiding here, I'll be disappointed."

EDIT 2: Well, that was simple. post/gotopost helps find the next post in the <^V thread, with the next pastebin: https://pastebin.com/RSDi34gk

"Last one of these clues. 2807.

What's on your mind, buddy?"

EDIT 3: "What's on your mind" seems to reference "Your Train of Thoughts" and it did. Page 2807. Disgracebook is here: http://disgracebook.000webhostapp.com/

Now, time to find the G minor clue in here.

EDIT 4: I did not find G minor, but I did find Killjoy's profile. From that site, I pulled the following line that seems to reference this specific quest:

Same as the first lock, but duplicate the keys to fit the keyhole Gxubgk ztmes. Dkeanuv Qktyxfe rwe hyk zmkh trgm nbu ges npfaf pvg yudar.
(Sidenote, I attempted to make an account. I am the 9th user, and I can't validate my account lmao)

This definitely looks like another one-time-pad, but the key (GABbCDEbFG) doesn't seem to yield any results yet.

EDIT 5: Oh my god I'm dumb. It's not (GABbCDEbFG) that you paste, it's gminor. Well, time to move on with the clues.
After decoding the one time pad (really a vigenere at this point) using the key "gminor" we get this message:

Almost there. Message Kylljoy for the next clue and ask about his horse.

I will promptly do that right now and come back with my results.
This seems like a coding puzzle. I received the same.

A quick google search of just "rows in set" brought me to a mySQL documentation page. A bit down the page you can see some boxes in the same setup as the one sent to us.

EDIT 1: I think I got it. The code seems to be a simple lookup command that calls for the user ID from the list of all user IDs for the one where the value of "isclue" is true. Back to the anti-whatever site to check users.

This should be all the relevant information before the Retrace clue.

Ah, thanks for the summary.

I do know that "et tu, Brute?" is an actual caesar quote, but I don't know if that's relevant or just a reference.

Forum > Forum Games > Kylljoy’s Quest