ForumForum Games ► TCaS : The Race for President
dat's cool i guess

Righty-o, thank you both candidates for your responses. Since we're running short on time, I'm just posting the final questions here and now.

QUESTION 4: If elected, what are some positive changes you will make to the site? As you can’t manually change the code since you don’t have permissions, think more about culture and events.

QUESTION 5: Do you believe that Two Cans and String, as a whole, is improving or declining in quality? Explain your reasoning.

FINAL QUESTION: Is there anything else you would like to share with me and the rest of Two Cans and String’s community?

Candidates, please post your answers as quickly as possible so I may set up the polls tonight for voting.

Answer to number four: If I were to have an event, it would be us celebrating the Moderation teams birthday, they deserve to still be celebrated in case they are by themselves, we can celebrate virtually with them

Answer to number five:I say that it is relativity increasing with the addition of the Android app coming out here in a few days hopefully, with a increase in users being able to access it

Final Question:Yes, I do have a question, what is your views of this site?

Idk what happened but I’m still voting for apr

same

QUESTION 4: While I can't make changes directly to the site's code, what I can do is develop things like browser extensions and bookmarklets which improve the user experience of the website. I believe that the culture of the website doesn't, at this time, really need any intervention from the president. However, if people came to me with events, I would help them organize them.

QUESTION 5: It is definitely improving. When I returned to the website in the second quarter of 2020, the forums were much more desolate than they are now, with many fewer people online at a time and with only a couple active forum threads outside of the forum games. The increase in activity has been great, in addition to the development things that Bronco discussed in his answer.

FINAL QUESTION: What do you want me to do?

everything

Give everyone leg

Wait, Apr, you're NB/AG, right? So what do we call you if you win?

"Mister/Madame President" is out the window.
  • "Miscter President"? ("Misc" as in "Miscellaneous")
  • "Mixter President"?
  • "M. President"?

let’s call them “the cool president that everyone likes”

How would that be abbreviated? Would it be Tcptel. President?

Sure. Works for me.

"CPEL" (Cool President Everyone Likes), pronounced "SPELL" when abbreviated.

So CPEL President ("SPELL PRESIDENT"), when addressed as the title. Redundant, but it works.

Spell president?

Uh...

P.

R.

E.

S.

VOTING POLL OPENS NOW

Vote! The stakes are high!

Poll: Click here to vote.

Thank you both candidates for your responses!! While the debate wasn't the most formal nor organized, we made it work (somehow). Best of luck on election day!

WARNING: PLEASE PAUSE THE POSTING SO THE POLL IS EASILY FOUND. THANK YOU. ALSO, DON'T BE A BABY. THERE ARE NO "I VOTED" STICKERS.

Update

This post will be updated continuously.
aprzn123 is currently in the lead with 69% of the popular vote.

PROJECTION: aprzn123 will win the Presidential election!

Please vote as SOON as possible. Poll: Click here to vote if you haven't yet done so.

do we get "i voted" stickers?

Problem: Someone has already voted in my name.

Oh dear. Just put your name and add in parentheses saying that it's the real you.

This does bring to light the possibility of vote manipulation.

It's really only happened twice and I know which two of you are real and which two are not using their true name. I will organize the stuff and announce a winner by May 5th. Hopefully.

Now slow down with the posting since I want people to easily find the link to the poll.

Fixing grammar mistakes because bad grammar is my pet peeve:
I know these weren’t all written by the same people, it would just sound more professional if the writing was modified a bit

QUESTION 1: ...not only DID coleeloc CREATE chaos...
Side note: there were more emoji spammers, but they were banned pretty quickly (though it could of just been cole making alt accounts)

QUESTION 2:
don’t use the word “thing” or “stuff” when writing something ‘professional’ sounding
Side note: answer b is kind of funny

QUESTION 3:

QUESTION 4:
Side note: please make a jaxxie worship day

QUESTION 5:
B: relatively(???)
Side note: that sentence made no sense but I understood what you were trying to say

also would anyone like to hire me to be the new TCAS English teacher

PoikiChoi said:

Fixing grammar mistakes because bad grammar is my pet peeve:
I know these weren’t all written by the same people, it would just sound more professional if the writing was modified a bit

QUESTION 1: ...not only DID coleeloc CREATE chaos...
Side note: there were more emoji spammers, but they were banned pretty quickly (though it could of just been cole making alt accounts)

QUESTION 2:
don’t use the word “thing” or “stuff” when writing something ‘professional’ sounding
Side note: answer b is kind of funny

QUESTION 3:

QUESTION 4:
Side note: please make a jaxxie worship day

QUESTION 5:
B: relatively(???)
Side note: that sentence made no sense but I understood what you were trying to say

also would anyone like to hire me to be the new TCAS English teacher

Sure... I notice all the grammar mistakes yet I don't care about it on the forums. Put me in a classroom, and I care VERY much.

WARNING: PLEASE PAUSE THE POSTING SO THE POLL IS EASILY FOUND. THANK YOU. ALSO, DON'T BE A BABY. THERE ARE NO "I VOTED" STICKERS.

Update

Continous Updates

I made a voting badge.

Forum > Forum Games > TCaS : The Race for President