ForumForum Games ► Mafia
hooray

I'm in, if it's not too late.

It is not.

That was exactly my mindset for picking Jailkeep, because I thought that I would die early.

You did break the unbreakable rule though. "If Mathy is alive by Day 4, he's scum." Even if you did die on the very next night.

i feel like that rule is easily exploitable though

mafia can just choose not to vote mathy

I mean, it's not actually a rule, but it's been true nine out of ten times. :|

Too dangerous to leave alive for both sides.

"Don't know who Mafia is? No evidence to go by? It's probably Mathy. Just vote Mathy."

Only slightly less popular than "Lynch Licky".

Yeah, I agree, even if he's not playing, Lynch Licky

Awwh, thanks guys. Love your support!

I was definitely surprised I lasted that long though. Unfortunate that I only jailed innocent people.

You saved justabitjaded in the first round, though.

You've gained a well deserved notoriety because of your skill and wit. It's commendable.

That's fair, I did do something at least.

Pick Your Power Mafia Rules

Same as always in terms of goal and rules. The only difference is how the roles are distributed at the beginning.
  • At the very beginning of the game, each player will be assigned their faction, Civilian and Mafia. The Mafia will immediately have access to a private PM to discuss their plans.
  • Each player will then send me a number from 1 to 10, and your role choice. This will be your draft. I will use your number to order all players, Mafia and Civilian, by lowest UNIQUE choice to greatest. Then, people who picked duplicate numbers will be ordered from lowest to greatest, with your order being determined randomly between duplicate choices. Then, I will go down the list and assign you the role you chose. If someone higher on the list has already chosen the same role as you, you will instead be a Vanilla Civilian/Mafia.
  • This is an X/Y variant on PYP, so roles will be paired together. When you draft, you will pick a PAIR from the list. Then, if you win that pair you will then be allowed to choose one of the two roles. If someone lower on the list picks the same PAIR as someone higher, the lower person will be Vanilla. This means, for example, there cannot be both a Neighborizer AND a Mystery Role.
Faction Rules
  • Day roles may PM me their actions during the day, night roles during the night.
  • Each night, the Mafia will discuss their course of action and decide who they want to kill. Along with the kill, the Mafia may leave a note, clue, narrative, or any such combination that they wish.

Roles

ROLES ARE SYMMETRICAL! This means that any one of these roles can be drafted by either Civilian OR Mafia. There could be a 1-Shot Vigilante Mafia, or a Vengeful Civilian. However, there can only be one PAIR drafted by a given person. So, as mentioned above there could not be both a Fruit Vendor and a Neighborizer. Here are the pairs:

Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful
Abilities:
  • Vigilante Kill: On Night 3, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
  • Vengeance Kill: When you are eliminated, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.

1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot PGO
Abilities:
  • Vigilante Kill: Once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
  • 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner: On one night of your choice, you may elect to "arm" yourself. If you do, you kill anyone who targets you that night.

Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector
Abilities:
  • Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Mafia", "Not Mafia", or "No Result".
  • 1-Shot Redirector: On one night of your choice, you may select a player to "redirect". If they are using an action that night, they will be redirected to another player of your choice.

1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher
Abilities:
  • Commute: Once, at night, you may commute, rendering yourself unable to be targeted by any actions that phase.
  • Watch: Once, at night, you may target one player in the game to watch them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game targeted them that phase, if anyone.

Doctor OR Roleblocker
Abilities:
  • Heal: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to heal them. They will be protected from a single kill. You may not target yourself.
  • Roleblock: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to block them from performing any night actions.

Universal Backup OR Role Cop
Abilities:
  • Universal Backup: After the first powerrole has died, you will inherit their role. If the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly.
  • Role Cop: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive either their role name or "No Result". Goons and Vanilla Civilians will return a result of "Vanilla".

Neighborizer OR Mystery Role
Abilities:
  • Neighborizer: Each night, you may create a neighbourhood with another player in the game. You will now have access to a quicktopic thread with this player for use at any time.
  • Mystery Role: This role is a mystery. Select it to find out what it does.

Jailkeeper OR Tracker
Abilities:
  • Jail: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to jail them, blocking any night actions they might take and protecting them from a single kill.
  • Track: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to track them. If successful, you will learn which players in the game they targeted that phase, if any.

Game 9 Begins - Night 0

There will be 2 Mafia members this game, as there are 10 players. The players are:

aprzn123 (they)
BroncoBoy18 (he) - Regular Civilian
e-bag (he)
eriophora (they)
justabitjaded (they)
lateap0tat0 (any)
MathManiac125 (he)
Sri Lankan Devil Bird (he)
Sya (she)
Titanlord237 (he) - Night 3 Vigilante Mafia

The game will begin at night. Everyone has 24 hours from the time of this message to select their draft. Then the Mafia has 24 hours to send me their first kill. No one is off limits tonight. No one is allowed to talk during the night or via PMs, other than the Mafia. If you didn't receive your role, please PM me. If you have a role that has an action to perform at night, I am not going to remind you (there are just too many), so make sure to pay attention and PM me at the correct time. If you do not, you will not do anything at all.

Corpse Chat: https://game9corpsechat.freeforums.net/

Everyone should have received their roles by now. If you have not, let me know. The Mafia has 24 hours to select their first victim.

BroncoBoy18 is found, shot, in his bed. A note is placed delicately on his bedside table:

From Mafia:
A horse stumbles in the night, harbinger of deaths yet to come. Take heed, o ye mortals.

BroncoBoy18 was a Regular Civilian.

Day 1

You have 48 hours from the time of this message to decide who to lynch. A majority will require 5 players, as there are 9 players remaining.

sussy

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

😳😳😳

I didn't expect Bronco to be the first target.

I do not know whether or not to take the note as a hint or a red herring, but I do like the creativity behind it.

We've spent far too many games futzing around and passing our first few days without discussing the information we have available, so let's chat.

Eri, this clue looks right up your alley. Poetic and well-spoken, and 100% within your style. What're your thoughts? Defense?

Given that it's the first kill on night one, I'm afraid it's hard to muster much of a defense given that no one's had a chance to take a look at anyone else yet.

That said, I like to think I'd be smarter than to write a note so very in my style were I a Mafia. I'd be inclined to look at some of the other older folks. You were awfully quick to point a finger at me, Sya.

ebag hasnt said anything yet. hesitation to make a point is grounds for an accusation. ebag

That's pretty quick of you pointing fingers considering not even a day has past, Titan. There are other people who have yet to speak.

I don't know. E-bag is mighty guilty looking. I guess it's good that we only lost a civ w no power.

ebag hasnt said anything yet. hesitation to make a point is grounds for an accusation. ebag

Neither have I, but you're not accusing me, are you?
Anyway, I feel like the use of the word "harbinger" should narrow down our search.

Forum > Forum Games > Mafia