ForumForum Games ► Komdak : A Retro-Future Fantasy Forum Game
Why does the manual seem empty compared to the beta one

It's more heavily compacted in terms of page space, more streamlined in terms of class abilities (AP is now a thing of the past, thank fuck), and it doesn't have the big lore section at the beginning, or the item index at the end (yet).

Are the items still going to be the same as the beta, or are you changing them a little and adding some new ones

Are the items still going to be the same as the beta, or are you changing them a little and adding some new ones

They will be mostly the same, with some tweaks to damage values / calculations. I'll be cutting a few items to cut down on the variety and complexity of the game. You will also keep any items you got in the beta mission as a reward for helping test it.

I wonder if there is anybody on the forum who wants to do Komdak, but is intimidated by the rule set (which isn't really that complicated, the main reason the manual is so long is for unambiguity, and most of the rules are for my sake rather than your guys's). I promise that it isn't nearly as bad as it looks.

Anyways, I've gotten most of the new Charmer and Apothecary spells/potions/poisons written over to the new manual. IDK if you guys are still playing those characters or planning on starting with different classes, but I def think there are some new fun ones in there to play around with (Caster can play as a light necromancer or elemental mage, Apothecary now has poisons that can increase critical hit chance or cause chaos, stuff like that).

Most of them have been changed to utility abilities than have more than one use rather than extremely specialized abilities.

The manual isnt long, its shorter than D&D's

Okay, here's the close-to-finished manual. I've got a little bit more cleanup to do on it, and some quick number-crunching to run for weapons, traits, skills and the like in order to make sure they'll all work properly, but this is probably going to be the final version.

I suggest all players who are going to jump in for the second round start thinking about their character, possible traits they may take, statistic and skill distribution, items, etc. Most of the character creation stuff should be covered in the last few pages, so I'd suggest you scroll through there.

Unless more people join in soon, you will be a smaller party. If you do remain in the distribution you currently have (The Marine, The Tinker, The Apothecary, and The Caster), I suggest you think about your choices in how they will synergize with a smaller team as well (honestly, a Damage core, two Support cores, and a technical core is a pretty solid lineup, so there's no real reason to change classes unless you want to).

Finally, some abilities and rules have changed. Most of the core stuff (like how skill checks are performed, the role each class serves, and the overall way the game is played) will remain the same, but things have been tweaked to give each class more specialized focuses (I.E. The Marine and Brawler have both been reworked so that the Marine is specialized in crowd-control while the Brawler is specialized in single-target damage). Make sure to scroll through the manual so you can understand each class's new abilities and focus.

Komdak 2.0 : The Komdakening is finished barring any game-breaking oversights or areas needing clarification. You can find it here and in the first post. If you need help going through character creation or have any questions, you can post it here or ask me in DMs.

(There's also a new sheet template in the first post, you can post here that once you are satisfied with your character.)

This is the last call for all interested parties to join. Next opportunity won't be after the first FOCUS mission. Seriously. Think about it. You have six days to decide.

Start gearing up for adventure, friends. We should start around noon EST on the 1st.

CHARACTER :Yasu
PLAYER PRONOUNS :He/Him
CHARACTER PRONOUNS :She/Her
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- CHARACTER -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
CLASS:The Tinkerer
SPECIES :Mirna
TRAIT :Damned Bird
BIO :Anyone else getting a sense of Deja Vu? Also can someone stop that damned bird?
MODS:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-STAT BLOCK-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
PHY : 13  |  INT : 14 |  DEX : 11 | CHR : 8
POW : 10  |  WIL : 10  | HEA : 08 | RES : 05
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-SKILL BLOCK-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
INTIMIDATE : 0  |  FORCE : 0  |  GRAPPLE : 0
RIG : 3  | MEDICINE : 0  |  HACK : 6
SNEAK : 3  |  SLEIGHT : 0  |  FINESSE : 0
PERSUADE : 2  |  BLUFF : 0  |  ACT : 0
MELEE : 1  |  RANGED : 3  |  CORE : 1
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-INVENTORY-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
CREDITS :230
WEAPON(S) :Laser Rifle, Lush Kidney
ARMOR :Trooper Armor
INVENTORY :(empty)
EXP:0

PSA : Make sure you follow the rules for skill point spending! The cost of purchasing a skill level is equal to the level value!

Thus, buying level one costs one point, level two (from level one) costs two points, level three (from level two) costs three points, etc.

So buying from zero to level three costs six points total (1 + 2 + 3), from zero to level four costs ten points total (1 + 2 + 3 + 4), etc.

If you are confused on this, DM me. Don't worry, it shouldn't be too hard to do once you understand it.

Missed all this. I'll do this tonight.

CHARACTER : Gekibidi
PLAYER PRONOUNS : Yes
CHARACTER PRONOUNS : No
CLASS : The Apothecary
SPECIES : Iplum
TRAIT : Medical Malpractice
BIO : I'm a bat.
PHY : 8 (7 w/ armor) |  INT : 15 |  DEX : 16 (18 w/ armor) | CHR : 10
POW : 13 |  WIL : 11 | HEA : 12 | RES : 5 (6 w/ armor) | LVL: 2
INTIMIDATE : 0  |  FORCE : 0  |  GRAPPLE : 0
RIG : 1  | MEDICINE : 5  |  HACK : 1
SNEAK : 4  |  SLEIGHT : 3 |  FINESSE : 4
PERSUADE : 0  |  BLUFF : 2  |  ACT : 2
MELEE : 0  |  RANGED : 0  |  CORE : 3
CREDITS : 160
WEAPON(S) : Bombcaster
ARMOR : Strike Armor
INVENTORY : Vial of ABHN pills, small healing tonic, folded paper from enemy Tinker, key from elf, cryptic note from elf
POTIONS (of 9) :

3 Healing Potion (1 used)
1 Brilliance Elixir
1 Draft of Face-Blindness
1 Draft of Blindness
1 Draft of Gullibility
1 Snake Oil
1 Potent Poison

XP : 0/30

How do I determine the number of credits I have? Do I understand correctly that Strike Armor increases speed?

Everyone starts with 100 credits, and yes, your armor increases your speed as long as it's active

CHARACTER : Hunter
PLAYER PRONOUNS : He/Him
CHARACTER PRONOUNS : He/Him
CLASS : Marine
SPECIES : Human 
TRAIT : Tactical (-2 Damage, +4 Weapons Abilities)
BIO : What the #### did you just ####### say about me, you little #####? I'll have you know...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-STAT BLOCK-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
PHY : 16  |  INT : 10  |  DEX : 10  | CHR : 8
POW : 13  |  WIL : 13   | HEA : 16 | RES : 9 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-SKILL BLOCK-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Level: 1
Current XP: 26 (Used : 26)
INTIMIDATE : 4  |  FORCE : 4  |  GRAPPLE : 1
RIG : 1 | MEDICINE : 2  |  HACK : 1
SNEAK : 2 |  SLEIGHT : 1  |  FINESSE : 1
PERSUADE : 1 |  BLUFF :  1 |  ACT : 1
MELEE :  3 |  RANGED : 5  |  CORE : 0
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-INVENTORY-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
CREDITS : 160
WEAPON(S) : Bolt-Action Rifle, Pistol
ARMOR : Trooper Armor
INVENTORY :

Still updating as I go, as I'm sure I messed something up.

I get 2 weapons as a Marine, right? I think I've got everything else set.

Edit: Fixed.

Reminder that we are starting tomorrow!
e-bag said:
I think I've got everything else set.

1 too many skill points, by my count. 36, you're supposed to have 35. Everything else looks good, though.

The link for manual isn't working for me.

One sec

CHARACTER : Krack
PLAYER PRONOUNS : He/Him
CHARACTER PRONOUNS : She/Her
CLASS : Brawler
SPECIES : ASTANGA
TRAIT : Near-sighted
BIO : *Grunts*
PHY : 20  |  INT : 6  |  DEX : 8 | CHR : 10
POW : 11 |  WIL : 12 | HEA : 15 | RES : 6
INTIMIDATE : 3 |  FORCE : 3 |  GRAPPLE :  3 RIG : 0 | MEDICINE : 0  |  HACK : 0
SNEAK : 0 |  SLEIGHT : 0 |  FINESSE : 0
PERSUADE :  |  BLUFF : 1 |  ACT :
MELEE : 3  |  RANGED : 0 |  CORE : 0
CREDITS : 100
WEAPON(S) : Battleaxe, Short Sword
ARMOR : None
INVENTORY :

Your stat points were invested wrong. It's not 1 : 1. The first level costs one point, the second level costs two, the third level costs three, etc.

So buying from zero up to level one costs one point, buying up to level two costs three points total, buying up to level three costs six points total, buying up to level four costs ten points total.

DM me this is unclear. I have a excel sheet that can help with character creation that I can send you if you want

We'll start once I eat lunch and everything is hammered out

Also refer to the conversation me and Kylljoy had on the TCaS discord server

Kylljoy said:
Your stat points were invested wrong. It's not 1 : 1. The first level costs one point, the second level costs two, the third level costs three, etc.

So buying from zero up to level one costs one point, buying up to level two costs three points total, buying up to level three costs six points total, buying up to level four costs ten points total.

DM me this is unclear. I have a excel sheet that can help with character creation that I can send you if you want

We'll start once I eat lunch and everything is hammered out

Yeah. The link isn't working for me. Are you talking about stats or skills?

Skills. My bad, I meant "skill points" and hadn't had enough caffeine yet

That link is outdated since I moved resources on the server. The link on the first post should work.

Here

What is RES? Having trouble finding.

Resilience. I can calculate it for you if you need. (6 by my calculation (3 + 2 (for a minimum of 14 PHY) + 1 (for a minimum of 7 DEX))

Forum > Forum Games > Komdak : A Retro-Future Fantasy Forum Game