ForumGeneral Discussion ► End of Decade Thoughts and Feelings
Welp. The twenty-tens are officially coming to a close. There's just over a month and a half left until the new years. This is just a thread talking about resolutions or whatever else. (Yes I stole this idea from someone else.) (No I will not be giving credit because I don't know who it was.)

2010-2019 contains most of the years that I have been alive. Most of my experiences in life have happened this decade. Obama and Trump were elected, the Olympics happened five times as per usual, I registered my TCaS account. I have had exactly 10 birthdays, played around 30 unique video games, and failed to graduate college before I was qualified to enroll for college.

2010-2019 contains most of the years that I have been alive. I have had exactly 10 birthdays, played and failed to graduate college before I was qualified to enroll for college.

maybe im being dumb but are you ten or

Yeah just about

failed to graduate college before I was qualified to enroll for college.

Care to expand on that?

I’m sorry for you to be robbed of innocence.

hi
bye

I just realized;
We see the 2000s as old history.
2010s are going to be the same way, aren’t they?

Do we see the 2000's as old history? Jesus I still think of it as "a couple years ago."

It really does jump between a few years to feeling like a lifetime.
Almost two decades in and I still don't know what is going on.

i can remember jamming out to early 2010's music, and the nostalgia is insane

2020 kinda scares me. I'll be graduating HS. It feels like I should immediately start achieving cool stuff as I enter college, and the pressure that the next decade might decide the course of my life (grad school, career...) makes me want to puke. yes i have mad anxiety lol

Grayseff said:
Do we see the 2000's as old history?
I sure hope we don't. If the 2000's are old history, then somehow I've become old. I know I'm not really that old, but it's still weird to think that plenty of the young'uns of today were born into an Obama presidency, or weren't even conceived (of) yet when the first iPhone came out.
Almost two decades in and I still don't know what is going on.
Yeah, same. Me neither. Although I'm not sure that anyone ever really "knows" what exactly's going on.
Thedagman said:
i can remember jamming out to early 2010's music, and the nostalgia is insane
Stop making me feel old even though I know that I'm not... I remember jamming out to 2000's music, and the nostalgia is insane.

I just feel like I've wasted so much time these past two decades. I've missed out on so much. But I guess I've also come a long way. I hardly remember who I was in 2010. I've changed a lot. Hopefully I can start really living sometime in the 2020's.

I just feel like I've wasted so much time these past two decades. I've missed out on so much. But I guess I've also come a long way. I hardly remember who I was in 2010. I've changed a lot. Hopefully I can start really living sometime in the 2020's.

you will

2020 will be a great year

That is really agree. I cool

To think that one day, TV will be considered an antique novelty.

My school district replaced SMART Boards with Promethians not too long ago.
We're basically reliving that same transition that the teens during my elementary years faced when they replaced projectors.

Give me a white board and a colorful assortment of Expo markers any day.

I have an irrational fear of thinking about the future.

Promethians? We've still got SMART technology. What's the difference?

Scoggles said:
Give me a white board and a colorful assortment of Expo markers any day.

Still used in universities here. Back when I was in school projectors were for fancy private schools and we had OHT's

My professors either wrote in chalk on a blackboard or drew on their projected slides with a smart tablet. No in-between.

Kylljoy said:

Promethians? We've still got SMART technology. What's the difference?

The ActivPanel version isn't too different besides projecting whatever's on the computer/under the camera on a large touch-screen television.
Some of it's built-in features introduces some fun stuff though, like you could write on the board while it's showing something like a website without having it on SMART notebook or PowerPoint.

The ActivPanel version isn't too different besides projecting whatever's on the computer/under the camera on a large touch-screen television.
Some of it's built-in features introduces some fun stuff though, like you could write on the board while it's showing something like a website without having it on SMART notebook or PowerPoint.

that's actually pretty lit we have regular Promethean boards; I have seen those SMART Boards and I actually like a SMART Board better than a Promethean projector board

Forum > General Discussion > End of Decade Thoughts and Feelings