ForumGeneral Discussion ► So how about that COVID-19?
What are some weird eating habits you've picked up during this time?

As someone that ate in restaurants quite a bit, I've become quite a connoisseur of Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches and a few other drive-thru delicacies.

Hmm, well I was only a little acquainted with the kitchen before all this, but now I've been a hell of a lot more adventurous with what I've been trying. So far I've made ravioli, sourdough bread, homemade oreos... I've perfected my snickerdoodle recipe.

I've also become more familiar with local takeout. The phillipino restaurant nearby is fricken kick butt, of the three Chinese takeout places one is hit and miss but the other two are good.

Fried rice and homemade pizza. not together. Maybe together. That’d be gross. But yeah. Fried rice.

Fried rice and homemade pizza. not together. Maybe together. That’d be gross. But yeah. Fried rice.

How do you make your dough?

Please say "at home", please say "at home", please say "at home"...

Devery said:

How do you make your dough?
Flour, yeast, salt, water and just a liiiitle bit of sugar. I mix the yeast and the sugar in the water and let that sit and then mix the flour and salt and then mix the water/yeast to make the dough then add more flour then knead the fuck out it and make it real thin. And of course olive oil.

What a coincidence, I too am growing green onions. I’ll post a picture tomorrow when it is daylight out.
A weird thing I do is wash all my groceries with a soapy rag and water. Even my vegetables. Because of this I learned that those steamable bags have a row of tiny holes, but that’s a story for another time.

I wouldn't say I have weird eating habits, but now that I am no longer working cleaning my house is no longer as important as it was, as I have way more time on my hands. It is so nice to be "retired" from call center life it was so toxic to my mental health, and I didn't even know it. But smells like B & B pickles bother me like none other my husband has to eat them either at work or when I am asleep. YUCK!

Blake said:
- now's not the time of touchy subjects during the time of no-touching.
Alright are we all going to pretend that an A tier dad joke didn't just drop hot off the mic.

We would have been able to forget about Covid but Australian and Irish visitors keep skipping quarantine to do stupid stuff.

Me, an American: you think you have it bad?

I mean, we kinda expected America to go that way, but we paid our dues and locked down.

As soon as I heard it wasn’t just contained to wuhan, I knew it was going to get really bad in America and that it would become a big politicized thing. Wasn’t expecting for not giving a single shit about your own or other people’s health and safety to be considered a political statement.

Wasn’t expecting for not giving a single shit about your own or other people’s health and safety to be considered a political statement.

I think the main reason behind that is Trump. Ever since he got elected, he's turned a lot of originally non-political issues into a matter of political opinion. What I don't get is how a man with this much authority decided that half of the country would be better off without protecting themselves or others from something that could easily kill people, especially older people, who usually tend to vote Republican.

Wasn’t expecting for not giving a single shit about your own or other people’s health and safety to be considered a political statement.

I think the main reason behind that is Trump. Ever since he got elected, he's turned a lot of originally non-political issues into a matter of political opinion. What I don't get is how a man with this much authority decided that half of the country would be better off without protecting themselves or others from something that could easily kill people, especially older people, who usually tend to vote Republican.

I think Trump is more of a symptom than the root cause of a lot of issues. We have this big problem where even the most obviously non-partisan issues get stigmatized into a partisan issue somehow. For example, take the Coronavirus. It seems like a national emergency that we ought to make every effort to quash as soon as possible, and it's somehow a partisan issue. Another example is our healthcare system. "The U.S. spends more on health care as a share of the economy — nearly twice as much as the average OECD country — yet has the lowest life expectancy and highest suicide rates among the 11 nations." citation ...and yet, trying to improve this at all is seen as a massively polarizing isssue. I think the main issue is that we have somehow grown to see all issues through partisan lenses.

If I had to point a finger to the root of the problem, I would blame it all on one little repeal that happened back in 1987, during the Reagan administration: the FCC Fairness Doctrine

Interesting, I always thought there was more to our issues than just Trump

Yea Trump came from somewhere deep in America's collective mentality, he is not the cause of many of these problems.

I figured that Americans had issues with bandwagoning

The real world is complicated and two-party oversimplification keeps us from accomplishing a lot of nice things the rest of the world already has.
like masks

*Coughcoughcough*
But only "attention drawing cough" not "Covid symptom cough".

Haha, that's a great comic, jaxxie.

Yup. I feel it. Being a very Nordic person and all, I can often relate to it.

Victoria is finally getting some traction on reducing community transmission. It has been like a horror show. And poor NZ, 102 days COVID free and now it is back with a vengence.

I mean, vengeance is a bit strong. We locked down the second we found community transmission again in my city

Fair enough. Back in a way that requires a strong response???

Forum > General Discussion > So how about that COVID-19?