ForumGeneral Discussion ► Unpopular opinions
Post your unpopular opinions here. I'll start.

I rather my taskbar on the right of my screen.

You monster. :)

When the noodle box says to cook your noodles for a range of time, always cook for the minimum amount of time. Maybe even take off 30 seconds if you're feeling bold. Al dente gang rise up!

I cook mine for 2 minutes less. I am the danger.

Sometimes I cook them for no time at all.

You mean like when you put the powder on the brick of noodles then crush it up and you’ve got chips? Yea that’s dope. Shouldn’t be unpopular at all.

Yes, that. But I only use about half the packet because that stuff is at least 240% salt.

The more seasoning, the better.
Just make sure you have several glasses of water to prevent the curing of your insides.

I hate marvel movies. The plots all seem like rehashes of old movies (a lot of them are rehashes of their own characters' movies). The characters feel more like caricatures. I hate the idea that I have to watch another marvel movie to understand what's going on in this one. There's a level of unreality I can accept with superhero movies, but the extreme unreality of Marvel movies bothers me. I hate the idea that Marvel seems to be on autopilot because superhero movies sell, so it is now completely oversaturating the box office.

I can respect that, they're not for everyone.

I grew up seeing terrible Super hero movies that I really wanted to be good, and weren't. X-Men and X-2 were exceptions that were really good, but you can't go wrong with Sir Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Hugh Jackman. Somehow whenever something good started happening some dingus would "Last Jedi" the third movie and it was weirdly cursed. Spiderman 3, X-3 were horrible, terrible, no good movies.

The best super hero movie is still The Dark Knight. I don't think its possible to overrate that movie the whole team really knocked it out of the park on that one.

When Avengers came out I wasn't burnt out of cookie cutter Joss Whedon dialogue yet because I'd never seen his work and Avengers was a game changer for me. Tons of heroes on the big screen, each with good special effects, fighting together and it didn't look like ass. It was a childhood dream come true for me.

I like the formula, its a good formula the only thing I would change about it is how in too many movies they make the boss fight a mirror match of abilities, that shouldn't have happened as often as it did. I also like that romance is an optional part of the formula that doesn't show up in everyone's arcs.

They usually find great actors to play different roles, too. Each movie is about a hero that's on a hero's journey and I love that kind of stuff, its why I like Moana so much.

My favorite arc is Thor's arc and the stuff his mom says, "Everyone fails at who they’re supposed to be, Thor. A measure of a person, of a hero, is how well they succeed at being who they are." and his willingness to get back in the fight after giving up all hope and fight always makes me feel like I can get back in the fight, too, no matter how far I've fallen or given up.

I agree that Dark Knight is one of the best superhero movies. I think my personal favorite is Logan. I absolutely loved that one.

Yass. Logan is a close second to Dark Knight for me. They're both on the Mount Rushmore of best superhero movies, can't think what the other two would be off the top of my head, or maybe no movies of that caliber have been made yet. Any suggestions? What am I forgetting?

I mean, I liked Deadpool, but it's mostly because of the crude humor and fourth-wall breaks. I don't know if it's because of the content as much.

What about Watchmen? I always thought it was a pretty solid film. Or Into the Spiderverse, if we're counting animated films.

I also don't like most Marvel movies. They're really trite, they seem to be part of this scramble to have the biggest most sprawling universe where you have to be an ultra fan to know all the callbacks or understand the plot and the only ones I have enjoyed have been the way out of left field funny ones from minor characters like Ant Man (even though I normally hate movies that slap Quantum on everything).

Kylljoy said:
Or Into the Spiderverse, if we're counting animated films.

Into The Spiderverse is an amazing movie... it will always be one of my favourite animated movies(not including anime), I count it up with some Pixar movies.

Superheros anything sucks. How’s that for unpopular.

I may or may not really have enjoyed The Flash

Well, everyone has different tastes (though I see that people that outright 100% dislike all things superhero are still an uncommon breed)

Unpopular opinion: Fancy cars are just a flashy way of showing off financial mistakes. Warren Buffet drives a 2014 Cadillac XTS.

Grayseff said:
the only ones I have enjoyed have been the way out of left field funny ones from minor characters like Ant Man (even though I normally hate movies that slap Quantum on everything).
Ant-Man.

Into the Spiderverse is my favorite superhero movie, followed by the OG Sam Raimi Spiderman. I love spiderman and have strong opinions on spiderman movies.

WEEB#1 said:
Post your unpopular opinions here. I'll start.

I rather my taskbar on the right of my screen.

My daughter does that but on the left. Hurts my brain.

I do that to, but with autohide on. Makes it so I can read the window labels, which is sometimes important, and reduces button grouping, which is generally annoying.

I enjoy eating raw firm tofu.
To an extent, I maybe even prefer eating it that way rather than having it fried or seasoned.

I enjoy eating raw firm tofu.
You're under arrest.

Hey, it's really not that bad.

I used to cook a pretty mean Tofu by marinating it, searing it and grilling it a bit, then baking it in the sauce.

You know all jokes aside if you like the taste of raw texture you do you boo there's nothing actually wrong with having easy going tastes when you can get them.

Forum > General Discussion > Unpopular opinions