ForumGeneral Discussion ► Unpopular opinions
no, that's fiji.
fuji is the name of the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Crimped hair and body jewels should come back.

no, that's fiji.
fuji is the name of the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

No, that's Fauci

This thread is probably going to be excommunicated due to the existence of an older thread with the same purpose. We should probably migrate any future conversation to here

But then again, this thread is longer....hmm......

Hopefully, this won't be terminated.

Kinda unpopular opinion here; I love lyrical rap but mumble rap is shit. Lots of people agree with me, but mumble rappers are still super popular.

Really, really, unpopular opinion. I sometimes find Minecraft really boring. When I play with friends, it's much better.

I agree. Minecraft is very replayable but there needs to be a set goal or else I totally lose my motivation. Right now the only reason I keep building upon my current Survival map is because I like to surprise my boyfriend with new stuff. Past that, ehhh. Making towns in Creative mode is fun but I lose the motivation to keep working on it quickly because I don't have the means to publish the map to the world and let others explore them.

WEEB#1 said:
Hopefully, this won't be terminated.

Kinda unpopular opinion here; I love lyrical rap but mumble rap is shit. Lots of people agree with me, but mumble rappers are still super popular.

sweetos said:
Really, really, unpopular opinion. I sometimes find Minecraft really boring. When I play with friends, it's much better.

I agree. I personally rather Terraria. Thats another unpopular opinion.

Responding to texts immediately is annoying as fuck and people who get anxious or upset when someone doesn't text them back "soon enough" are some of the most frustrating people in the planet who I have to imagine could never function longer than 5 minutes under complete isolation or moving to a new city.

agreed

that sounds annoying even if no one ever texts me

Hamilton was okay. Not spectacular, just okay.

jaxxie said:
Hamilton was okay. Not spectacular, just okay.

Valid! I think of my family, I wasn't as interested in it like everyone else. Still a great show, though.

Another unpopular (?) opinion: US history is kinda boring. Still much better than Canadian history, though.

I believe it is a Washington State high school requirement to take a Washington State history course. It at least was a requirement of my high school.

This is a very boring class, especially since every effort is taken to soften the genocide and erasure of the indigenous tribes to the area. Which really the only thing of note that has happened here from a historical perspective.

Also, the state song is God Awful. I specifically say 'god awful' because the first two lines of the often omitted first verse are:

This is my country
God gave it to me

and, just. No. For so many reasons no.

Georgia was the same, although our year of Georgia-only history was in middle school.

Another unpopular (?) opinion: US history is kinda boring. Still much better than Canadian history, though.

US history has some amazing anecdotes, though. Aaron Burr was an absolute fucking madman, and I have no idea how he lived as long as he did. He tried to make coffee with sour milk and sweeten it with grape syrup, which was during his "eat two pounds of grapes per day" phase. This was basically normal for him.

Thomas Paine was pretty cool too. He was advocating for universal basic income even back then, which has been largely erased from histories, but which I find pretty neat.

Also Von Steuben was basically just a wild gay man who got his position as a commander under false pretenses, hosted pantsless flaming shot parties, and somehow managed to be really good at his job leading people??

eriophora said:

US history has some amazing anecdotes, though. Aaron Burr was an absolute fucking madman, and I have no idea how he lived as long as he did. He tried to make coffee with sour milk and sweeten it with grape syrup, which was during his "eat two pounds of grapes per day" phase. This was basically normal for him....

Can we take a moment to talk about Theodosia? The daughter, not the wife. Aaron Burr raised her to be one of the most educated women of her time, he was absurdedly progressive when it came to women being people, which is sorta neat. He also did not raise her to be religious which... was a choice for the time. But then she mysteriously was lost at sea and it was a huge conspiracy theory of the time for people to guess what became of her.

eriophora said:
Also Von Steuben was basically just a wild gay man who got his position as a commander under false pretenses, hosted pantsless flaming shot parties, and somehow managed to be really good at his job leading people??

That's really amusing to me because I met a guy on discord whose tag was Von Steuben and he argued against gay sex because he thinks sex for pleasure is immoral because he things pleasure is immoral. That was a huge shitshow (although I guess it kinda does fit into this thread being about unpopular opinions).

That's wonderful, haha. Von Steuben was absolutely ridiculous and extra in all ways.

Also! Don't forget that Aaron Burr later married a wealthy widow as part of a scheme to get her money. The widow knew what was going on there, so four months later... she hired Alexander Hamilton Jr. as her divorce lawyer.

Also that one time Burr invaded Texas to start his own monarchy while he was still vice president of the united states.

samsung is the superior phone
apple is the superior laptop

I think you misspelled Asus...

Samsung does make better phones, tho.

desktop is the superior laptop

samsung is the superior phone
apple is the superior laptop

I agree.

aprzn123 said:
desktop is the superior laptop

I agree

If you don’t use a desktop what are you doing with your life

I like laptops because they're portable and they can generally accomplish everything I need a computer to do. You can dock them to external monitors and a permanent set up, too, so the small screen isn't even necessarily an issue. If you need portability and can only afford or justify spending on one or the other, a laptop is the clear winner.

Forum > General Discussion > Unpopular opinions