ForumGeneral Discussion ► r/OutOfTheLoop
the car man door hook line car hand door hook line hand car man door thing with the horror stories

i don't get it

is there a joke or is he just trolling

Reference to a really popular horror story which ends with a couple finding that an escaped murderer has either scratched their car with his hook hand, or his hook got attached to the car when he tried to open the doors to kill them, depending on the version told. Infamous for trying to be creepy (because they could've died at any moment OOOoooOOOOooOO!) but just being a not-scary horror staple.

My guess is that this is a non sequitur joke, as an element from a completely different story/idea is incorporated out of the blue. It's supposed to be funny because

• You aren't expecting it
  • The original story isn't scary
  • It has no relation to the existing story, and its insertion without context makes it even less scary than it was in the original context

Or something like that, I guess

just search "man door hand hook car door" in google and you'll get something.

There's an urban legend called The Hook about a dude with a hook for a hand who attacked a couple while they were parked in their car. Someone on 4chan several years ago decided to give a very badly written retelling of the story. It became a meme.

"i love you sweaty"

My favorite line.

the car man door hook line car hand door hook line hand car man door thing with the horror stories

i don't get it

is there a joke or is he just trolling

that's a really REALLY old joke meme/metacommentary on the creepypasta craze of the early 2010's

e-bag said:
"i love you sweaty"

My favorite line.

same

Forum > General Discussion > r/OutOfTheLoop