ForumGeneral Discussion ► birthday gifts you're probably/not gonna get
Oh, yeah, Cheese Man, you should call your first witness.

sure, why not!

i think my brother is gonna get... some tool, i think. i'm not too sure.

wait, i just remembered. my little brother wants a tea-pot to enjoy tea.

I might get a balisong/butterfly knife trainer

ooh! my brother has one of those. do you wanna see it later?

Sure

I might also get my first mechanical, linear, mechanical, mechanical keyboard

Ah, very nice.

i want gaming mouse!

Sure

i forgot to take a picture of it, and another thing, me lazy

i'm got an early birthday present

it was a practice katana made of rubber, plastic, and wood

Ayy, congrats! You actually got it!

i just started practicing suburi, i'm pretty good at it

thank samurai kaz of youtube

very very looking forward to splatoon 3 in 2022 one of my most favorite games was splatoon 2 i'm excited to see what the newer one brings

Yeah, frankly I hope they retire DJ Octavio as the villain, that was old after 2

the change of scenery will for sure be nice. i doubt it'll be another octarian crisis because the trailers made it clear octolings are really integrated into inkling society now.

Yeah, the wasteland theme of the trailer made it seem like it's not Inkopolis anyways

far from it, in fact. it's at least a plane's distance away. they got the frickin mad max thunderdomes too which was cool

Yeah I need to take a look at that trailer I really enjoyed splatoon 2

very very looking forward to splatoon 3 in 2022 one of my most favorite games was splatoon 2 i'm excited to see what the newer one brings

i never got to have a nintendo switch because of my overprotective and stingey father

Those are expensive and a frivolous spend. Especially when money is tight. I don't know your father but it seems a little unfair to call him stingy because he didn't buy you a 300 dollar gaming system.

I convinced my entire extended family to pool my birthday and graduation gifts into one so I could afford a Keytar. God damn do I love it.

Those are expensive and a frivolous spend. Especially when money is tight. I don't know your father but it seems a little unfair to call him stingy because he didn't buy you a 300 dollar gaming system.

good point, actually. 300 dollars is a bit too much.

The struggle is real. I wish I could get my kids everything they want but I can't. So instead I try to give them really good memories. I don't have a lot of memories with my family because they didn't so stuff with us when we were kids. We just sat at home all the time.

Until I was like 18 or so when I got a used car, pretty much every birthday present was like a candy bar and a bottle of axe body wash. There were a couple times when I also got a video game or a cool book along with the candy bar and funny smelling soap. All the other stuff I had like my phone and my computer - I got those out of necessity for high school because it was the future suddenly. I didn’t even need a phone until I got to college. I insisted on them not spending an inordinate amount of money on a phone but I think they knew that if they didn’t get me one then it was gonna be easier for me to get high or do other stuff they didn’t know about in places they never would have imagined me going after school let out each day.

There was one super cool part about each time I had a birthday and it was probably the best gift they gave me each time: they promised not to fight at all each time I had a birthday. That was usually what I asked for.

Forum > General Discussion > birthday gifts you're probably/not gonna get