ForumGeneral Discussion ► Post your Covid vaccine side effects
I thought it'd be interesting to get some data points on how people have reacted to covid vaccines. I've also heard that people with weaker immune systems tend to get less side effects, and wondering if this is true, so let's put it to the test.

1) Which vaccine did you get?
2) What happened after the first shot?
3) What happened after the second shot?
4) How good is your immune system from 1-5, 5 being extremely good and you hardly ever get sick, and 1 is bad, and you're that person who's always frequently absent from school/work.

Please don't discuss the merits of vaccines or derail the topic to antivaxers. I don't care about it. I'm just interested in how you personally felt after the dose(s). Thanks

I had the Moderna vaccine, and I'm currently nine days post-second-vax. The first one didn't really have any major effects, other than a general feeling of uneasiness for a few days, sort of like the feeling you get when a kindergartener open-mouth sneezes right into you and you just feel like you're about to get sick for a few days and then it never manifests. No fever, no chills, maybe some achiness. The second shot was the same, but maybe more amplified? The day after I ended up having to go lie down for a nap, but didn't actually sleep. I was very achy and uneasy for the third and fourth day and by the fifth day I just had kind of a sore arm. Also, I noticed my deltoid was visibly swollen during that time.

Edit: In terms of my overall immune system, I don't know. It's weird. I'll go years without talking a sick day, but then when I do get something like the flu I'll be down for the count and take a long time to recover. I also had a sinus infection for years and never had any fever or anything. My basal temperature is low in general, but I frequently ignore symptoms when I don't get a fever. I do get fevers with more serious viral illnesses, though. Sometimes very high fevers.

Scoggles said:
I'll go years without talking a sick day [...] I also had a sinus infection for years and never had any fever or anything.

are you secretly me?

[Looking in the mirror] Surprise!

Forum > General Discussion > Post your Covid vaccine side effects