ForumGeneral Discussion ► That one job you want.
Talk about your dream job!

For me, it's an Airline Pilot.

Uhhh….

Nintendo Employee

Nintendo Employee

Already got it.

Spent 15 years working towards it. Turns out I hate it. Life is fun that way.

Took me years to figure out that I dont really care what I do for a living, so long as I get a paycheck and get to go home.

Devery said:
Took me years to figure out that I dont really care what I do for a living, so long as I get a paycheck and get to go home.

That's me as well. If I could make the same amount of money and not bust my ass, I'd be doing that. But I'm used to it now.

e-bag said:
Talk about your dream job!

For me, it's an Airline Pilot.

you want to be an airline pilot?? 😬

Yup. I'm seriously considering it. My mom has a close friend who's a pilot, and we went camping with them last week, so we talked about it a lot, making me really want to do it.

Before that it was a train conductor, but pilot seems more fun.

I like the idea of piloting to, although I've more been looking at freight. Do you have any thoughts on aviation college v. private flight school? I'm sort of leaning towards the latter.

I'm looking to become a commercial pilot after going to flight school in Phoenix. I want to fly for Spirit, because then my mom's friend can recommend me, but really any of the big airlines are fine.

Honestly, that’s don’t know. I’m actually kind of in a midlife crisis early on in my life. I recently discovered a thing about myself where I have lived my whole life doing things that people told me I wanted. So after 27 rotations on the earth I’m finally sitting here not knowing what I truly want. Seeing this thread gives me existential dread as well as gives me hope. Lol

I've always wanted to be a Green Beret. Dangerous, but I see it as the ultimate service to others. I don't know if I'm twisted or what, but the idea of jumping out of a plane with a 50 pound rucksack, an oxygen mask, my rifle and pistol with some of my squadmates who I would die for just sounds ideal to me.
For now, I gotta focus on passing basic training first lmao

I suffered through four years of overachieving in high school and studying for tests so I could get into a school with a good program for beep boop. I'm burning through all of my college savings to afford an expensive beep boop school. I'm probably going to take a loan to pay for said beep boop school some time in the future. I'm going to slog through somewhere between five and seven years of learning the beep boop. So with all this commitment, I think it's pretty clear I want my job to be beep-boop focused. Most definitely something oriented around ML.

In before it turns out I actually hate the beep boop industry

Beep-boop work is waaaaay different from beep-boop school. This is something school won't teach you because they still, somehow, don't know it exists. Unless you're at a vocational beep-boop school, try to prepare your mind for culture shock. Also do an internship or something to get a feel for how infrequently theoretical compuwhoopsie theoretical beep-boop comes up in day-to-day work.

Forum > General Discussion > That one job you want.