ForumGeneral Discussion ► Life is just too short.
What are some things people do that are considered normal but (in your opinion) seem like such a waste of time.
For instance. I find matching socks a tedious task and therefore do not wear matching socks. I keep them in a large basket and grab whatever I find first off the top.
Also, I don't fold my clothes. I either hang them or stuff them in a drawer.

Life is too short for me to sit there folding a six person family's worth of laundry.

Ghastly.

some people just think its worth the effort to be organized, i guess.

Stop lights. I mean, what is a weak electromagnetic wave going to do? Stop a two ton chunk of solid machinery moving at 60 kmph? Come on. I got places to be.

And while we're at it, what's the deal with stop signs? Not only are they not projecting beams of radiation, they're also sometimes hiding. Let's be real, the day a stop sign uproots itself and beats someone up for not stopping is the day that I don't fly by. Business type people like me can't be bothered with such beta energy.

Cutting open bags of frozen veggies.then Putting them into plastic containers...just why?

do people do that lmao

do people do that lmao

yes, yes they do (it’s justified if you’re packing the veggies into an RV and need to conserve space)

Plastic containers are better organised and minimising exposure to the cold air means freezer burn doesn't set in as quick.

I side with putting them in a plastic container too.

cant you just rubberband the bag

Still danger of leaks

and leeks

My veggies just stay in the bag until I cook them. I use the fifo method to avoid freezer burn.
I actually cook up a bunch of meat like chicken thighs and meat balls and pork chops and burgers. Freeze it. Then my 13 will throw a steamable bag of broccoli (or whatever veggie) and a chicken thigh (or whatever meat) in the microwave. And that's lunch. Its not perfect but it is better than him eating ramen noodles or a can of chili with a whole pack of crackers.

How about pouring laundry soap into fancy containers?I'm just to lazy to get behind this

How about pouring laundry soap into fancy containers?I'm just to lazy to get behind this
Absolutely not. Never.

Also that sounds like a good lunch.

What do you mean by fancy containers? I have a container for my dish and hand soap that I refill from other containers because then I can have a gigantic replacement container under the sink which uses less plastic than constantly buying ones that will fit on the counter.

I think she means things like… you been to someone’s place and you go their bathroom and you look for the soap and you can’t find it and realize it’s because the soap is in a ceramic soap pump thing that’s the same color as their bathroom counter and then you’re nervous about pumping the soap because the thing it’s in is actually kinda pretty and you don’t wanna get the soap on the soap container because it feels like you’re making it dirty but probably I’m just being too nervous about being in someone else’s bathroom? I do what you’re talking about too but it’s usually just me refilling the the plastic pump bottles that Soft Soap comes in cause it’s cheaper that way.

I have a slightly nicer pump thing. It depends how much you like things to look neat. It brings some people pleasure.

Okay now that makes sense. Please tell me it’s not the same color as its surroundings.

Well, it's white. The bathroom is mostly white.

Is the soap clear?

What do you mean by fancy containers? I have a container for my dish and hand soap that I refill from other containers because then I can have a gigantic replacement container under the sink which uses less plastic than constantly buying ones that will fit on the counter.

I have this to because it looks nice, helpes portion the amount of soap being used and declutters my counters. So this is logical. I'm talking about the people I've seen who pour out the laundry soap into a clear glass container, then their Laundry beads and their fabric softener, ect. Also side note. I mix a cheap, decent dish soap, Ajax with a really nice, expensive dish soap, Dawn. It makes the perfect dish soap for me. It also makes this super beautiful blue, green liquid that my twin babies love. So I had to move the soap dispenser because they would push something up against the counter and grab it, then run off with it because they thought it was so pretty.

An example.

Okay now that’s just weird and it looks like you’d waste soap that way. Also imagine that falling.

The soap is also white.

I think the white liquid is fabric softener.

The soap is also white.
Well in that case then I won't have to worry about accidentally letting soap run down the side of the container because it probably won't be noticed if for some odd reason I happen to use your bathroom. If that container is already covered in soap though then you can expect me to rinse it off without telling you.

Forum > General Discussion > Life is just too short.