ForumGeneral Discussion ► SCP Creations
So, let's create an SCP together

Next person start it

a patch of daffodils that grow stronger with each passing mammal it captures and consumes the nitrogen from within to expand and grow like a fungus but it looks like a patch of daffodils eventually growing to cover an entire meadow full of these daffodils

looks like this

edit: the daffodils pull the animals into itself and uses the nutrients that it consumes to grow wider and spread out and stronger

It was discovered on [REDACTED] by [REDACTED] at [REDACTED] PM

The field is currently being monitored by Class 5 personnel

bro do you guys have do redact everything

Those are how most are done

GUYS, GUYS!

I used to write SCP. I never made anything worthy of publishing on their site but I'm familiar with syntax and the general ways to write an article.

I could totally take what we do here and write it up like a real one on the SCP Sandbox. I don't think anything we make will be very good, but it would still be fun to work together!

bro do you guys have do redact everything

Most of the time stuff like time, date, and location will be blacked out (Like this: █████). Giving off the idea that you do not have the proper clearance to view the full details. Redaction is saved for dramatic affect.

Also names of key individuals involved and whatnot.

These "collective hivemind" things are always interesting.

e-bag said:
Also names of key individuals involved and whatnot.

Forgot about them.

Does this thread work better in hobbies?

I didn’t even look at where it was created. But yea this belongs in hobbies.

can someone explain what scp is and how it works please

Creepypasta's

can someone explain what scp is and how it works please

Hey, you see this pen?
Yeah, this pen.
It's not just any pen.
It's actually a pen that can be used to kill people.
It was discovered to have this property in the 40's, when someone spilled the ink on the yellow pages of Nagasaki, causing the bomb to be diverted from Korkura. While this was initially chalked up to coincidence, it was confirmed to have this property in the 1950's when a poster advertising the musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper was crossed out by a staffer due to them changing venues, which caused their subsequent demise on the same plane crash.
Due to the potential abuse of the pen, it's been designated as SCP-RANDOM-NUMBER and is being held by the foundation to prevent wide-scale event manipulation to further the agendas of groups who would abuse its power. Attempts to duplicate the pen in order to assist with the placation or elimination of other SCP's have failed, with the ink being spilled on the duplicated pen, causing it to melt.

That's the kind of thing the SCP people do. Come up with "scary/unsettling" stories for random objects and/or fiction they spontaneously come up with, and then talk about it being contained by their foundation. Entires usually fall on the "Eldritch Abomination" or "Artifact of Doom" register of the Krassler-Medrir Scale.

I'm not one for it, personally, but I can see the appeal for others.

That is a good explanation, most authors make a series out of their SCP's as well

That is absolutely false.

I used to hang around the site a lot. It wasn’t common for authors to create series out of their SCPs. Most of them were one-offs or part of a pre-existing canon.

^ And the ones that do make canon series are the really well-known and experienced writers.

ok thanks

e-bag said:
^ And the ones that do make canon series are the really well-known and experienced writers.

Well, nothing is stopping you from writing in a Canon. It just may not be published to the site :P

I used to have a lot of fun writing stuff I knew wasn't up to site standards. It was just fun to write.

True, true.

Forum > General Discussion > SCP Creations