ForumGeneral Discussion ► Antimony’s thread of disease and death
The Louisiana Department of Health gives me updates each day on covid statistics.

From the train of thoughts thread:
[as of August 12th] 413 deaths from COVID this month. […] That’s 34 deaths from the same disease a day on average just this month. 2901 people in hospitals for covid in Louisiana right now. 67 hospitals in Louisiana not including mental hospitals or surgical centers. That’s an average of 43 patients […] in each hospital. […] 91% of all of these are from people who didn’t get the vaccine. […]

From August 12th (today):
LDH is reporting 5,268 new COVID-19 cases today with 2,901 COVID hospitalizations and 54 COVID deaths.

I’m going to be giving you all these daily updates in this thread. Sometimes they come every other day, but everyone that I get, y’all are getting too.

If anyone wants me to do this for their state, let me know and I’ll get daily numbers from your Department of Health.

Keep your god damn opinions about covid out of my thread. Feel free to post here of course though.

how dour

Indeed.

How to fix this problem?

Well these stubborn people unvaccinated are just getting more and more stubborn.

Today, August 13th, LDH is reporting 7,548 new cases of COVID-19. Gov. Edwards will hold a media briefing at 1:30 p.m. WATCH: gov.la.gov or Facebook.com/LouisianaGov

W_Licky said:
How to fix this problem?

Well these stubborn people unvaccinated are just getting more and more stubborn.

With the Delta variant, vaccines are important but not the total fix. The fix is getting mask mandates back.

Is this information not publicly available?

It’s available publicly but so few people signed up for the automated texts and next to no one checks the LDH website. This gets updated daily.

Kylljoy said:
W_Licky said:
How to fix this problem?

With the Delta variant, vaccines are important but not the total fix. The fix is getting mask mandates back.

Louisiana has a mask mandate right now.

It’s rare that you see people wearing them.

Mask mandates and enforced mask mandates are two very different things.

To my knowledge it is not being enforced anywhere here. Except for the few schools taking it seriously and then hospitals of course. Supermarkets, gas stations, convenience stores, post offices, fast food places, think along those lines - those places are not.

Also an elementary-junior high school decided to send home all 3rd through 8th grade students without any definite idea of when they can return.

Correction: only grades 3-5 and then 7 and 8.
I had first heard of this in an email from a family member and didn’t realize it was just those specific grades. Still, that’s a lot of kids to send home and I’m willing to put money on the rest of them being sent home too.

Update:

13,239 new cases
65 new deaths
2,956 hospitalizations
417 on ventilators

628,146 total cases
11,584 total deaths

Source:
https://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/

Edit: Just got today’s (Monday, August 16) actual text
LDH is reporting 13,239 new COVID-19 cases, 2,956 hospitalizations & 65 COVID deaths since Friday.

I don't even have to check myself. I can just go and find antimony to know what's going on in our state.

I love our state, man. For real, I do. But boy do we got some problems.
Btw dude, I hope I'm not making you too scared or anything. It's been worse in Louisiana in the past. Louisiana always finds a way to bounce back to something workable after disasters. I mean we've had tons of them and we're still kicking somehow. I do still have hope for the future of our state.

I hope we do well.

I also hope this hurricane season doesn't bring a storm that destroyed billions.

Hey, look at it this way: at least we're not in the Caribbean. If it gets bad enough, I'm sure your family will get out of dodge before that happens. There are tons of hotels in north and central Louisiana for exactly that reason. Idk what parish you're in and probably not a good idea to post it on a forum, but I have a good idea of what part of the state you're in and that area that I'm thinking of has usually faired okay during hurricanes. We just gotta stay hopeful and deal with it as it comes.

Plus the only ones out in the gulf right now are still just tropical storms.

No I'm not worried about myself. New Orleans down there is still sinking.

Yeah… okay, now I know exactly how you feel. Nola… it’s really not in a good spot. I worry a good bit about them too, lotta family down there…. Idk, man. Let’s see… let’s check NOAA. So tropical storm Fred has already made landfall by Florida and the balls of Alabama.

Here’s the path for Fred. So our entire state is gonna be safe from it.

And here’s the path for Grace. So it looks like we’re definitely safe from it.

And here’s Henri. Hard to tell but we look safe

Did you just call Mobile Bay the balls of Alabama?

Alabama is the ball cheese of America.

W_Licky said:
Did you just call Mobile Bay the balls of Alabama?
Lmao yes. I mean look at it. There’s the balls and Florida is the dick.

For real though, it looks like we’re safe this time around. Worst that’ll probably/hopefully happen is we’ll get some rain from the storms and maybe some minor flooding in the more rural areas on the low side of the Mississippi River.

One thing I’ve learned from living my whole life in Louisiana is definitely don’t ever give up hope.

Florida is bigger than you think. Is this appropriate?

Oh. Well, you see, the reason the balls are so small in comparison to the dick is because America’s been taking steroids. You don’t get as ripped as America without cheating somehow.

Though as far as appropriateness in the other sense of the word goes, this is probably highly inappropriate…

Tuesday, August 17

LDH is reporting 3,691 new COVID-19 cases today and 122 COVID deaths, the 2nd highest daily death total since the pandemic began.

Forum > General Discussion > Antimony’s thread of disease and death