ForumGeneral Discussion ► Are you right or left brained?
I'm a right brained person. I'm very creative and artistic but I'm dumb as fuck as you can see from this sentence. I express myself in many ways but I suck at explaining things. It's like I want to plug a chord into my brain to another person's brain so you could understand it. Maybe in the future that can be possible. I hope I'd still be alive then.

Why is this controversial?

I actual use all of my brain.

i get what you mean dude. well at least the explaining thing.

I took a right brain/left brain quiz and I got the same score for both sides of my brain.

fool23 said:
I'm a right brained person. I'm very creative and artistic but I'm dumb as fuck as you can see from this sentence. I express myself in many ways but I suck at explaining things. It's like I want to plug a chord into my brain to another person's brain so you could understand it. Maybe in the future that can be possible. I hope I'd still be alive then.

That's probably because you're right brained. The right side of the brain deals with creativity, spatial positioning and such, while the left with language skills and mathematical/logical reasoning. This may explain why It's harder for you to explain things to people. Also, a lot of art is inherently abstract which makes it hard for even me, a rather whole brained person, to explain them.

P.S. I highly doubt you are, "dumb as fuck". Creativity takes quite a bit of intelligence and abstract thinking is the highest level of thought (though it does not lend itself to mathematical pursuits).

I don't like the terms "right-brained" and "left-brained". It makes as much sense as determining your personality based on whether you're right-handed or left. Not important, just a pet peeve.
That said, I'd describe myself as left-brained: good at maths and introverted. I'm still not very organised though, and I like creative activities - that's why the test labelled me as "balanced".

Yes, a test that looks at your logic skills and then determines if they are centered more around habits of the left brain and the right brain will somehow begin to define you if you so much as mention your results. I myself will never be able to look at anyone here the same way again.

Intense use of sarcasm.

All of you, when you're both it's called ambihemispheric. please, use correct terminology.

When you write "you're", there is an apostrophe. In "its", when used as a contraction of "it is", there is an apostrophe between the T and S. Please use correct punctuation.

I apologize. My itouch doesnt like punctuation.

I am typing this from my iPod touch to see what it corrects. You've clearly got something set up differently than me, because I haven't pressed shift or the apostrophe key once, but it looks alright to me. I'm not really sure if it's even possible to turn autocorrect off.

I know; but I use Opera. It's an app that is vey convenient and very fast; the only downside is the lack of autocorrect of any kind. I still use it regardless.

All of you, when you're both it's called ambihemispheric. please, use correct terminology.

Oh, that's brilliant. Good job combining the Latin and Greek together there, even if that will never fucking happen in medical terminology. 'Ambi' can only be used with other words stemming from Latin. That's how medical terms work. 'Bi;, however, IS a Latin prefix, as is hemi, so we can use the two of them together.
The word you want is 'bihemispheric'.
If you're going to talk down to someone about word choice or terminology, please make sure you know what you're talking about.

... Wikipedia!

Wait, what?

I was just being stupid; wikipedia is where i go to check if i'm right :)

Oh. xD Sorry.

Oh, you and me both... Apologizing for no reason at all. We do it all to often

I am definetly left brained, i apply to everything the deepest logic i find possible and often subconsciously force myself to find faults with people's grammar. An application of this logic is that The chicken and the egg question is solvable. At the start of a new generation, something that was not quite a chicken laid an egg with a modern chicken inside it (evolution).
I'm great at maths too, however at the start of this thread i would like a definition of the meaning of left/right brained (:

Forum > General Discussion > Are you right or left brained?