ForumGeneral Discussion ► Normal Looking Images With Disturbing Backstories
Post normal looking images with disturbing backstories

This image

The photo depicted above is after the attack on Pearl Harbor during WWII, the item in the man's left hand is the core of the Fat Man bomb that was detonated on Hiroshima

every time you sleep, your consciousness dies and is replaced by a clone that retains your memories

never fall asleep, or else your current life will die when you lose consciousness

there was a comic

that uh

This is the SS Edmund Fitzgerald. At the time it was built, it was the largest ore freighter to traverse the Great Lakes. Today, 46 years ago, this ship sunk, killing all 29 men onboard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Edmund_Fitzgerald

Excuse me, that is the SS Edmund Fitzgerald. It was the largest on the Great Lakes when it was built, but not the largest by far when it sunk (there were already 1,000 footers on the Lakes by the 1970s), but it was big
and beautiful

and was under experienced hands. It is the largest ship to have ever sunk in the Great Lakes. She went down just about 17 miles off of Whitefish Point (had she been in Whitefish Bay, she would have been protected from the worst of the weather). There have been some dives to her location, most famously recovering her bell and replacing it as a replica with the sailor's names inscribed on it (and putting a beer in her pilothouse), but as the wreck is the final resting place of 29 humans, it has been deemed an archeological site and requires permits to dive or survey there. It's unclear whether the wreck will be explored any further, no attempts have been made in decades.
Go listen to some Gordon Lightfoot.
Do not cite the deep magic to me, banana. My avatar was there when it was written.

The photo depicted above is after the attack on Pearl Harbor during WWII, the item in the man's left hand is the core of the Fat Man bomb that was detonated on Hiroshima

CHRONOLOGICAL INCONSISTENCIES!

Also, who the fuck would carry a solid plutonium core?

what do you mean chronological inconsistencies

Fat Man had a plutonium core but the Manhattan Project didn't start producing Plutonium until 1943, several years after Pearl Harbor.

Okay, hang on, let me double check where I got that image later

Coldfrost said:
Excuse me, that is the SS Edmund Fitzgerald. It was the largest on the Great Lakes when it was built, but not the largest by far when it sunk (there were already 1,000 footers on the Lakes by the 1970s)
Do not cite the deep magic to me, banana. My avatar was there when it was written.
Yes, Mx. Coldfrost.

e-bag said:
Yes, sir Coldfrost.

*Mx. Coldfrost
Coldfrost said:
Fat Man had a plutonium core but the Manhattan Project didn't start producing Plutonium until 1943, several years after Pearl Harbor.

Also, Fat Man was dropped on Nagasaki, Hiroshima was hit with Little Boy. Get yo' bombs right.

I am fine with sir as well but the consideration is very sweet :)

looks like some random dude tried to draw an old man, but epicly failed

the description above is fake, this is one of the last drawings that William Utermohlen drew before he died of Alzheimer's Disease.

Woah, that's depressing

this is one of his earlier stages of Alzheimer's Disease.

Forum > General Discussion > Normal Looking Images With Disturbing Backstories