ForumGeneral Discussion ► every gift you possibly acquire
say what you got for a gift from any possible time

Christmas, your birthday, 4th of July, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, who cares, just tell me the gifts you got or are getting

i got a shortsword made of stainless steel for my early Christmas present, it even had this symbol on the pommel

I get a lot of hoodies when it comes to the holidays. I'm a hoodie guy.

i got a pair of airpods for my 16th birthday

i don't remember presents

i got a shortsword made of stainless steel

Nice! I got an 80-year-old Toledo Steel Spanish Sword for my 18th birthday, my father handed it down to me. Let me tell you, be glad it's stainless steel, since it will otherwise rust like crazy.

I restored mine over the course of three or four months. I was at college for only a few months, and by the time I got back, it had already rusted over again. Also, I completely snapped the strap off the sheath, and it's hard to find a replacement since leather sheets tend to be large and expensive.

The folks in the Telegram chat know how obsessive I got over it while I was trying to restore it. Very expensive and time consuming, not really looking forward to doing it again. Probably need to fill a bathtub with rust remover and lime and soak for 2+ days in order to fix it.

Kylljoy said:
The folks in the Telegram chat know how obsessive I got over it while I was trying to restore it. Very expensive and time consuming, not really looking forward to doing it again. Probably need to fill a bathtub with rust remover and lime and soak for 2+ days in order to fix it.

Ah yes, that was a fun story arc.

Kylljoy said:
Let me tell you, be glad it's stainless steel, since it will otherwise rust like crazy.

yeah, the brand that sold me the sword really did make a good decision on making it out of stainless steel. it was even for about 30 bucks. it's like the brand actually cares about its' customers' satisfaction.

hey vta, if you're reading this, i remade your pfp as a gift out of kindness. have fun.

Kylljoy said:
I told you to keep that thing oiled.
Stainless steel will make for a good decorative piece, but it is by necessity low carbon steel and therefore soft and not good for actual combat use. But it won't tarnish at least!

A stack of cash inside a red envelope for Lunar New Year.

Coldfrost said:
I told you to keep that thing oiled.

Phrasing (?)

Also, I've kinda given up at this point, since I probably won't be able to bring it back to school with me next year since my apartment bans "weapons", and the optics of a future tenant asking 'does that include Spanish longswords' is not good.

Forum > General Discussion > every gift you possibly acquire