ForumGeneral Discussion ► 2021's Deathbed
Happy New Year! How's 2021 been? What are your plans for the year of three 2's?

Gonna try not to die.

Fuck 2021.

Each year since like 2016 has seemed worse than the previous.

I'm personally cynical about the next new year. I've stopped being needlessly optimistic since that's often lead to disappointment and tragedy.

I am also not enthused about 2022.

Pain

Guys, I'm just gonna come out and say it; yea, there were a lot of problems going into 2021, but IMHO we really learned from our mistakes and got pretty much everything sorted out! Overall, it was a great year, the world is now a better place, and 2022 is shaping up to be even better.

splatoon 3, mario movie, and sonic movie are coming out next year

Eric-616 said:
Guys, I'm just gonna come out and say it; yea, there were a lot of problems going into 2021, but IMHO we really learned from our mistakes and got pretty much everything sorted out! Overall, it was a great year, the world is now a better place, and 2022 is shaping up to be even better.

So? We can dislike things that are better than before.

I can agree that we can learn from our mistakes as well as the faults in a pretty terrible year overall. I do think it's also justified to loathe 2021 despite the learning opportunities.

A lot of good things happened in the world in 2021 and for me personally. However, my 5 year cancer anniversary where I am allowed to donate blood again* was in February 2021 and my birthday is in January, so for the 5 years after I was cleared of cancer, I had been planning to have a huge party to celebrate turning 30 and being 5 years cancer-free. But my birthday is in January and everything got locked down after Christmas (like I'm sure it will again this year), so I did fucking nothing. I don't look forward to things often. I am too bitter about that to feel positively about 2021.

* Donating blood is important to me. I am O- and it's a concrete way to know I have made the world better. Before I got cancer, I had never been able to donate blood before, because I kept having problems (eg: medical issues, admitting facts about my sex life). Every year for my birthday I would try again and fail. The first time I was able to donate blood, I was immediately after diagnosed with cancer and had to call and tell them not to use it.

This is the first year since 2017 that we managed to burn the goat so I reckon that's a good sign for 2022 being better than the last few years.

as of 2021, i am halfway done with highschool

January 2nd is my birthday. You know what I have as my cake? Black forest...with the words "Happy New Year" on it. Lmao. 2022 is going to be a ride.

W_Licky said:
Happy New Year! How's 2021 been? What are your plans for the year of three 2's?

i have no idea, society's been crumbling apart recently

i dont even remember 2021 and its not even over yet

that's honestly such a mood bug

The entirety of Sir Buggus is a mood.

Couldn't find anyone to date in 2021, here's to not the same in 2022!

Cheers!

I have maybe too much hope for my near future.

My hopes are that I'll practice my social skills with my peers and be able to interact with them without putting them off by my offputting lack of social skills.

Haha that's about it really.

Edit:

please excuse me. i'm tired. i'm staying up because i want to watch the clock tick midnight tonight.

I need to improve my poetic ability, so let me make a poem about this.

Go To Sleep, Titanlord

2021 has gone on far too long,
I must also agree
But we must stay strong,
Even if it means waiting for 2023.
I'm currently quite bored,
But as the clock strikes midnight, go to sleep, Titanlord.

Social skills is quite a nice goal
I must confess I can relate
You have quite a kind soul
And it is you I appreciate
Once accomplished, self-esteem is your reward
But as the clock strikes midnight, go to sleep, Titanlord.

Edit: added a much needed title.

🔥.

I hope 2022 is a better year too. And sleep, Titan.

I wanna do the cool thing where the music syncs up with the end of the year countdown tho...

Like in those viral youtube videos

Forum > General Discussion > 2021's Deathbed