ForumGeneral Discussion ► Things you do you think nobody else does
You post something you think not a lot of other people do, and when you see something you do, too, then you quote and notify that user!

Also, you and that user have to kiss vigorously. Perhaps.

Let me begin:
I piss in the sink.

Sometimes, when I drink hot stuff, I store the liquid in my cheeks, kind of like a hamster. There are less nerves in the tissue of the cheeks (compared to the tongue) and thus, the hot fluid doesn't hurt that much. Then I apply pressure, and two jets of tea or coffee or water or whatever sprinkle on my tongue. Feels wonderful!

My thoughts are more sensory based than most people's. Most of my emotions are more in colours and sounds than anything else. Most colours the shades matter a lot, but all reds are bad and have been since I was very young. This has had me to have a strong aversion to the colour red. If I'm upset, I'll generally get fidgety around it, or not be able to look straight at it without my eyes flickering away. Blue, however, is a safe colour: any shade of it is acceptable.

Every day of the week is a different colour for me. Monday is pink-red, Tuesday is orange, Wednesday is yellow, Thursday is apple-green, Friday is dark blue, Saturday is orange and Sunday is white. It's a very strong association, and it's been deeply ingrained in me since I was about six.

When I scratch something on my body, I inadvertently tend to itch the same area of my body, only on the other side as well.

When I have a song playing in my head, I make the percussion sounds with my teeth by clacking them together.

Sometimes when I'm on a computer I'll lean back in my chair and sit with the fingernail of my thumb between my teeth. I'm not chewing the nail I just slightly clamp down on it. I do this without even noticing. It's a habit and I have no idea when it started.

hobbaloo said:
Every day of the week is a different colour for me. Monday is pink-red, Tuesday is orange, Wednesday is yellow, Thursday is apple-green, Friday is dark blue, Saturday is orange and Sunday is white. It's a very strong association, and it's been deeply ingrained in me since I was about six.
I got that, too, but not with days of the week, but with Numbers. 4 is definitely orange, 6 is dark blue, five is kind of red, three is light blue, etc.

Do you know Synesthesia? It's kind of like that, only more extreme (you actually perceive things in different colors): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

I'm fairly certain I remember Blake saying he had Synesthesia, but I may be mistaken.

I'm confident that Moshee said that.

I know Blake and I have it for sure.

Yeah, I've got it too, for numbers and letters as well. I've found that often I think of particular words or phrases as definite colours, but only subconsciously, and it takes me a while to actively recognise that a particular colour is associated with a given word. For instance, 'trust' is a distinctly orange word.

I hear colors, usually the brighter, the higher pitched the noise. Another reason I hate the snow. To much of it will give me a pounding headache.

I also blow my nose in the shower when I have a cold (which really helps)

rnk said:

I piss in the sink.

Sometimes, when I drink hot stuff, I store the liquid in my cheeks, kind of like a hamster. There are less nerves in the tissue of the cheeks (compared to the tongue) and thus, the hot fluid doesn't hurt that much. Then I apply pressure, and two jets of tea or coffee or water or whatever sprinkle on my tongue. Feels wonderful!

So, I used to piss in the sink. I have stopped. And I do the jet thing , but I do it with jello and mouthwash.

When I streach my legs start twitching like crazy.

my ears do this twitching thing

What do you mean by "this twitching thing"?

I've heard that so often, but I dont have a clue what it could mean.

Sometimes when I'm on a computer I'll lean back in my chair and sit with the fingernail of my thumb between my teeth. I'm not chewing the nail I just slightly clamp down on it. I do this without even noticing. It's a habit and I have no idea when it started.

^Me too.

Walk around in the snow just to hear the crushing noise.

I chew on my fingers. Not like on the tips but on the whole finger when I'm listening to something intently. Well, more like gnaw on my fingers. I have no idea why.

I hold feet. To better explain that, I hook my big toes together when I'm nervous. Hard when you have socks on, but not impossible. Just kinda my nervous anchoring habit.

Also: If I'm taking a test, I the first half of the test, then flip to the last question and go backwards from there.

I read magazines from the back cover to the front. I read articles the right way, but I read them in the reverse order they appear in the magazine. I have no idea why.

I crack my finger, but when I do it I have to do it symmetrically. If I crack my left thumb, than I need to crack the right one. If I don't it will bug the hell out of me until I actually do it.

///

I'm double jointed, and I like to make my arms flop around like a fish to freak people out. Ha! :D

My brain creates noises like car horns, footsteps, or breathing without me consciously doing it. Scares the hell out of me for a while, until I gradually realize I can manipulate the sounds (like their pitch or long they last), but I cannot stop them. This is very distracting when I am driving at times and keep hearing people near me honking when in reality, they are not. It can also be utterly terrifying at night, when I know, I know I can hear breathing somewhere in my room. Because I don't consciously create the noises, I tend to believe they are real for at least five to fifteen minutes (sometimes longer).

I got the symmetry thing going on, too. If I touch something with my right hand, my left hand feels left out, so I have to touch it with my left hand too.
And I don't know if this fits the category, but I sneeze whenever I go into a bright environment from a darker one, like going outside on a sunny day. I usually sneeze about 5 times. Light, in general, just makes me sneeze.

When I'm reading text, I highlight it with my mouse repeatedly as I read. It's a horrible habit, as it has on one occasion causes me to accidentally copy/paste stuff in my emails.

Forum > General Discussion > Things you do you think nobody else does