ForumGeneral Discussion ► Things you do you think nobody else does
I have a weird obsession of drawing sharks eating people I dont like...

zaneshark.JPG

I normally just draw it on my notes and occasionally hand it to them personally. It's just a joke in case none of you have picked up on it.

I narrate other peoples lives inside my head.

Same here. Pretty much 24 hours a day I am either talking to myself out loud about anything or when in public narrating either my life or others. MY brain does not shut up until I am asleep. I think this is also why I very rarely remember my dreams. Maybe one dream a month if I am lucky.

PhreakIck said:
I can't sleep with my socks on. I'll end up taking them off and throwing them at some point in the night.
Is this because you get cold feet when wearing socks in bed?

I feel like I'm getting cold feet when I'm wearing socks in bed, that's why I'm always taking them off.

rnk said:
hobbaloo said:
Every day of the week is a different colour for me. Monday is pink-red, Tuesday is orange, Wednesday is yellow, Thursday is apple-green, Friday is dark blue, Saturday is orange and Sunday is white. It's a very strong association, and it's been deeply ingrained in me since I was about six.
I got that, too, but not with days of the week, but with Numbers. 4 is definitely orange, 6 is dark blue, five is kind of red, three is light blue, etc.

Do you know Synesthesia? It's kind of like that, only more extreme (you actually perceive things in different colors): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

You're certainly not alone. I tested that in the IRC.

The only unique habits that I can think of are:

1. When I'm in the passenger seat of a car, I'll flex my toes every time we go past a pole. It's almost like I'm imagining "jumping" over it, but not really. The other is that when there's a speck on the windscreen, I'll move my head so it stays above the trees or telephone lines on the skyline. I do it less now because it's getting tricky (I've grown a little bit in the past few months) to slide down my chair.

2. When I'm on the toilet I'll be singing a song in my head, and each word of the song *must* correlate to a box on the calendar. If there isn't a perfect box:word ratio, I'll try changing it to syllables, shortening a chorus to a few sentences or using multiple boxes for extended notes.

Every week I divide the days up to make it seem shorter, ex- Monday: Only today and four other days until I get a break. Tuesday: four days. etc.
Pretty soon it's friday.

1. When I'm in the passenger seat of a car, I'll flex my toes every time we go past a pole. It's almost like I'm imagining "jumping" over it, but not really. The other is that when there's a speck on the windscreen, I'll move my head so it stays above the trees or telephone lines on the skyline. I do it less now because it's getting tricky (I've grown a little bit in the past few months) to slide down my chair.
I was waiting for that to come!

I do that too.

rnk said:

I do that too.

Me too.

Charli said:
rnk said:

I do that too.

Me too.

Same here. I thought I was really the only one who did that.

My ears are super sensitive. When I yawn, my ears pop due to sudden change of pressure in my body/head. If I'm standing between two speakers, and someone walks in front of it, the ear that is pointed towards that speaker will pop. In the mountains, my ears pop so much that it makes no sense. In fact, if the atmospheric pressure changes enough, my ears will pop. Plus, I also cry when I yawn.

My eyes almost always water when I yawn. People always think I'm starting to cry.

Doesn't almost everyone do that? ^

Probably, I have no idea.

///

Sometimes when I can't fall asleep and have tried everything I normally do in that situation, I put my pillow where I usually have my feet and then try to fall asleep.

Does it work, jaxxie?

I do that too, jaxxie!

When I am reading, I take on the facial expressions that the characters would most likely be having as they speak.

@rnk: Works every time :)
@Raining: That is so cool! I've never heard of anybody else who does that :P

I separate my M&Ms into colors, then pair them, and eat them 2 at a time. Also, those Cheez-Its that come 2 flavors/box? I have to pour them onto a plate and separate them by flavor, then eat them two at a time.

When I read books from another country, I read them in the accent that a person from that country would have. So there was a lot of British narration going on in my head when I read Harry Potter.

In the same theme. If I've been playing a video game or watching a movie in which all of the characters speak with a heavy accent, I begin thinking in that accent. After playing GTA IV for a long time, I couldn't stop myself from thinking with an eastern European accent.

I chew on headphones' cords while listening to music.

i do that too. And my phone cord while charging it.

///

I constantly try to balance the amount of chips to salsa; and I only rarely get it right. It not fun.

It's okay, Raz. I do that too. And I feel really sad if it doesn't come out right, 'cause I don't want any of it to feel left out or uncared for. Much like the laundry issue.

Oh! When I separate laundry, I don't do it by colour or material, but what I need soonest. Which leaves a second load sitting on my floor. I won't be able to look at it. I'll feel guilty, like I hurt its feelings. Eventually, after it stares me down, I'll start talking to it, trying to make it feel better, important, special. >.<

Ah, Chase, what's the name of the person being eaten by a shark?

Oh, and by default, if I'm grabbing something made of paper (loose leaf, napkins, plates, etc.) I will grab exactly one more than I need.

I always sleep upside down on my bed.

Wait, huh? What do you mean? Put your head at the foot of the bed?

Forum > General Discussion > Things you do you think nobody else does