ForumGeneral Discussion ► Can someone tell me why I got banned?
The only message I got was

You have been banned. The moderator gave this reason:
hush

If you guys can explain the reason that would be great. Thanks.

What kinds of questions were you posting?

Spreading knowledge and opening up dialogue for discussion:

“Back then it was normal for African leaders to sell black slaves to other countries. Atlantic slave trade was huge and it brought traders from all over the world to buy, trade, and auction off black slaves.

I think many people who are unfamiliar with slavery think people stole black people from Africa when in reality they bought them directly from African leaders.

The More You Know 💫”

Lol

Guys, I think this guy is trying to tell us that slavery would actually be pretty sweet if slaves are only sold into slavery by people of the same race. Are you really gonna ban him for an opinion like that?

Eric-616 said:
Guys, I think this guy is trying to tell us that slavery would actually be pretty sweet if slaves are only sold into slavery by people of the same race. Are you really gonna ban him for an opinion like that?

Where did I say anything like that? Crazy people these days man.

Pfff.

By all means, get on the record. It's hard to have a discussion with someone who wont commit to a position.

If you think I've misrepresented you then tell us all what you think.

What's your opinion on your little factoid? What's the reason you chose to share it? What conclusion were you trying to lead us to?

Look man basically every other time that someone has posted the kind of thing you posted, it’s been someone who inevitably went like “Using Africans as slaves wasn’t bad and white people are the best”. That’s what’s going on.

Look man basically every other time that someone has posted the kind of thing you posted, it’s been someone who inevitably went like “Using Africans as slaves wasn’t bad and white people are the best”. That’s what’s going on.

I think you guys are insane to come to that conclusion. Yep, glad I created this thread. Now, I understand what kind of crazy people roam on this site.

Thanks for the confirmation. Good luck.

Alright then. Later skater.

I think you guys are insane to come to that conclusion. Yep, glad I created this thread. Now, I understand what kind of crazy people roam on this site.

Thanks for the confirmation. Good luck.
I don’t have conclusions about anything. I’m just telling you some site history.

I wonder what compelled this guy to post that question.

My man fucking fled the scene when asked to elaborate.

What's wrong you pussy ass bitch? You wanted a discussion, didnt you? You brought up the fact. Tell us all right here what conclusions you'd like us to draw from it. Or did we get it right the first time?

Fucking pissed his pants, packed up the circus, and moved to the other side of the earth. I would too if I got caught posting this embarassing attempt to bait people with this weak ass shit.

You better go back to posting your dumbass shit anonymously.

Absolute fucking embarassment, this guy.

I completely agree, but geez, sailor mouth.

Also, "spreading knowledge"? "Opening up dialogue for discussion"? "What kind of crazy people run this site"? Kinda narcissistic. I dunno about you, but I do not think we are receiving some nuanced, accurate information from this man.

“Back then it was normal for African leaders to sell black slaves to other countries. Atlantic slave trade was huge and it brought traders from all over the world to buy, trade, and auction off black slaves.

I think many people who are unfamiliar with slavery think people stole black people from Africa when in reality they bought them directly from African leaders.

The More You Know 💫”

Oh wow! I had absolutely no idea. Can you tell me more about the cultural implications of slavery in Africa (also wait, which specific countries are we talking about? There are a lot in Africa) and how slavery was implemented there? Also how did it differ from the chattel slavery we're most familiar with in North America? Did the slavery in Africa also have a racial and dehumunization component, or was it something different, more like indentured servitude? I'm curious about the economic impact there as well. Was it similar in scope to slavery as practiced on plantations in the United States?

Super curious to hear more about this!

I'm pretty sure Africa was invented by my mom to make me eat vegetables.

Well the Portuguese tried direct slave-raids to start with in the 15th century, but didn't get far with them. They were out-manouvered by the Senegalese in more suitable boats. After that they figured out it was easier to buy them.

eriophora said:

The More You Know 💫”

Oh wow! I had absolutely no idea. Can you tell me more about the cultural implications of slavery in Africa (also wait, which specific countries are we talking about? There are a lot in Africa) and how slavery was implemented there? Also how did it differ from the chattel slavery we're most familiar with in North America? Did the slavery in Africa also have a racial and dehumunization component, or was it something different, more like indentured servitude? I'm curious about the economic impact there as well. Was it similar in scope to slavery as practiced on plantations in the United States?

Super curious to hear more about this!

The white man had the gun. That's all it should take to understand the situation.

Oh, human beings were bought as slaves. Despicable. Also I don't think this is new information. Not sure what kind of dialogue you are hoping to incur with that kind of question. That's why it was called the slave trade not the slave heist.

Human trafficking is human trafficking and generally regarded as a bad thing.

Oh, human beings were bought as slaves. Despicable. Also I don't think this is new information. Not sure what kind of dialogue you are hoping to incur with that kind of question. That's why it was called the slave trade not the slave heist.

Human trafficking is human trafficking and generally regarded as a bad thing.

Yup. We don't call the Jews that ratted out other Jews to the Nazis ("Judenrats") Nazis as well. Nor do we call the Jews that helped the Nazis push other Jews into the "showers" Nazis. We call them "victims of the Holocaust" because we all know what would have happened to them if they didn't work with the Nazis.

The question that this user says they were banned for was still up after they were banned, leading me to think they're lying about the real reason they got banned. You'd think if the question was really banworthy, it wouldn't have been kept up after the ban. I wonder what other questions they asked and what else they've said in their 254 unmentioned questions.

Well to be fair they didn't say it was this question that got them banned, they don't know why they got banned, hence the thread.

Millpond said:
Well to be fair they didn't say it was this question that got them banned, they don't know why they got banned, hence the thread.

Which means they were probably telling on themselves, knowing full well that what they were saying was racist. Typical "I'm just asking questions" knowing full well they aren't open up for debate and that they have framed their question as a means to spread misinformation and hate.

I don't exactly see the racism in what this person wrote in their question. What they said is technically true; African leaders did sell slaves to European colonies. I don't see how this person is trying to excuse slavery.

The slaves themselves, however, would have been subject to cruel treatment under their leaders and even more under Europeans. The slave market was also probably favored towards the Europeans, maybe as a tribute after a war. Slavery was and will always be a disgusting institution, and the selling of slaves rather than the kidnapping of them is just as horrible as well. So explaining that slaves were sold doesn't help any case that supports or excuses slavery, it only makes it worse.

Although, the slaves in the African markets probably were kidnapped, or prisoners of war, and being sold against their war. This means there's no difference between the cruelty of selling and kidnapping people to become slaves.

I'm not supporting anything related to slavery. I just don't see how those words are excusing slavery.

I feel like we're not getting the full story here. This person has not told us everything they did to get banned.

Forum > General Discussion > Can someone tell me why I got banned?