ForumGeneral Discussion ► CollegeBoard’s Torture Chamber
All about CollegeBoard. AP tests. AP classes. SATs. Complaints.

You - Classes and grade level u took it in
W_Licky - Human (9), Gov (10), Seminar (10)
demented kermit - Human (10)
axolotl - Human (9)

I am taking APHug as a sophmore this year and next year I will be taking AP Physics, AP Calc, and either AP Macro or AP Gov, havent decided.

I’m taking AP Gov rn. My teacher calls himself our Emperor.

My AP human teacher always used to say before we got our test scores, “trust me with your grade. Ur grades are going to be fine” later we cry as we watch our grade drop.

I kept all the FRQs I wrote in AP human for memory.

Take AP gov. You’ll be fine. Just a bunch of documents and SCOTUS cases to memorize.

My teacher collects them back

😥

The AP exam was easier than the tests we took in class. I got a 5 on it. Most of my class got a 5 on it. We were just 4 short of enough 5s to get our teacher to shave her head.

I have a bunch of AP human memes my class made in May. I’m gonna find some way to share them. I’ve been thinking of Malthus lately.

I'm quite good at math, yet I despise doing it. Should I take any AP classes in math?

I got a 4/7 on the unit 2 frq lmao

i got 7 on all the other units so far

We take FRQs every Unit test along with FRQ tests consisting of an FRQ sprinkled between the Unit tests. Every Friday was FRQ Friday. FRQ tests were 3 FRQs.

goddamn

we just do a single 7 question FRQ per unit a long with the 35 question multiple choice test

ok, yeah i'm in aphg in 9th grade. uhh we take frq's kinda sporadically and the tests are 60 questions

W_Licky said:
I'm quite good at math, yet I despise doing it. Should I take any AP classes in math?

stats

yeah i already am planning to do statistics but that's it

Please take time to read this mind dump and rant.

demented, u have it stupidly easy.

In addition to our daily classwork, and the FRQs and the tests, we had homework.

AMSCO book chapter annotations and practice questions
College Board Videos (these are very long)
Study Guide to go with the college board vids
vocab Quizlets (must do 5 activities)
Albert.io questions (100-200 questions, graded for ACCURACY. the other aphug teacher was doing them for participation, around 30-60 questions)

I stayed up late on plenty of occasions trying to do my amscos while letting the college board videos play in the background. I looked up half the answers for Albert.io so my grade didn't drop 9 points

It was torturous. This is why she gave us a Pain and Suffering Bonus at the end of the year. A good gift.

AP Gov is less work, just harder. When there is a lot of work, it's entertaining. And the homework is consistent.

Btw, my APHUG unit tests last year were always 60 Multiple choice questions, with 1 FRQ. FRQ trests has 3 FRQs. The tests were debilitating.

I never want to use albert.io every again. Or ever watch college board vids. We used to make fun of the teachers in those long vids. There was this one woman who always gave examples using her personal vacations. Like, I get it, you went to the North Pole, I'm just trying to get all these videos played; I don't need your life story.

I want to slap the college board teachers who made those videos. Those videos did nothing for me. I just played them in the background while doing other homework. Tears flowed in my class.

The only easy part of APHUG was geography quizzes, for like countries and states. I never study for those; I've known every country and state since primary school.

I literally repeat a single sentence three times in different ways when the FRQ question is describe or explain. I am in terror when I see "compare." I feel amazing when I see "identify."

Don't worry guys, the final exam in May will be a peace of cake. Well, actually, if you're teacher is making it that easy, you might not do so great...You guys are writing your FRQs with black/blue pen (no pencil) and on paper, right?

Sorry for the rant.

Question: you do have time limits for the tests right? 60 minutes for multiple choice. 25 minutes per FRQ

oo btw we did FRQ week the week before the AP test. 3 FRQs, per day, for 5 days.

phew, that sounds rough, yeah. on the exam frqs are 75 min with pen and the test is 60 min for us as well

When u take the exam, remember not to write too big, in case you need to cross things out. Erasers and pencil are not allowed.

Also, the exam is bubble sheet for the multiple choice.

which of these do u have in aphug?
AMSCO book chapter annotations and practice questions
College Board Videos (these are very long)
Study Guide to go with the college board vids
vocab Quizlets (must do 5 activities)
Albert.io questions (100-200 questions, graded for ACCURACY. the other aphug teacher was doing them for participation, around 30-60 questions)

thanks for the info

so for the AMSCO, we have this separate fill-in-the-blank sheet where we basically just copy information from the AMSCO. we don't have any other of the things that you mentioned. that albert.io thing sounds BRUTAL.

albert was the single most traumatic thing from aphug

so happy I'm in ap gov now. but ap gov ends in a few days. i have to remember all this stuff for four months since the ap gov test is on May 1

What is AMSCO?

Textbook. It explains everything, each topic is a chapter. Each unit is followed by some practice Multiple choice and one practice frq(we didn’t do those frqs). At the end of the book, there is one full practice AP exam, 60 q 3 frqs. We had to annotate.

Give use my alt cuz why not?

My AP Gov teacher did the units in this order: 4, 5, 1, 3, 2

We are in unit two. Our last unit. However, it seems that my teacher has skipped over the entire judicial branch and he hasn’t said anything about learning about that. The unit quest (quiz+test) is tomorrow! Why are we not learning about how the judicial branch works!? There’s Federalist 78 and Marbury v. Madison with it!!!

Today I’m gonna just watch some Heimler’s History on YouTube to be prepared.

Should I email my teacher/emperor?

Damn I have it super easy.

Too easy. Do you understand everything?

The other teacher was easier on her class, and more of her students failed.

Yeah I understand it all so far.

The teacher that taught APHuG last year won teacher of the year in my state, and as far as I know the teacher who is teaching it this year is doing it similarly

I think it is stupid that the teacher of the year has to take a year off from teaching to tour the state and give speeches to other schools instead of continuing to teach

Yeah, i don't think that way of teaching is great. It doesn't prepare u for future ap classes, which are harder.

Do you think I should take AP gov or macro next year?

AP Gov has been pretty good. Harder than AP Human in all ways, but I find that it's kind of like stuff you would already know.

AP Gov is split into 5 units. There are 9 important documents, which include essays from the Federalist papers, the entirety of the Constitution, the Declaration of independence, etc. There are like 14 or 15 SCOTUS cases to remember, the facts, arguments, decisions, and dissents. The content ranges from political processes and ideologies, how the government works, how the people interact with the government, civil rights, and liberties, etc.

And there's this absolutely superior educational Youtube channel by the name of Heimler's History for all history AP courses and American government.

You should research more about Macroeconomics if u have an interest.

Rn i am kinda leaning towards macro because i am not very interested in history

Forum > General Discussion > CollegeBoard’s Torture Chamber