ForumGeneral Discussion ► Going to the dentist
I get scared when I go see the dentist.

• How often do you brush your teeth?
  • Do you floss?
  • Have you ever whiten your teeth?

I wish I flossed on a regular basis, but it takes too much time, and hurts.

I'm supposing I'm supposed to answer these.

No to all of them. Except the first two.

Most likely. You floss daily?

I brush my teeth twice, sometimes thrice a day.
I try to floss...but I don't always. ._.
I have never had my teeth whitened.

I brush at least once everyday. I'll admit there are times I don't brush before bed. As for flossing, I do try but I'm not regular about it. I say I get it in about twice to three times a week.

When I first quit smoking I tried to whiten my teeth, but it ended up making my teeth too sensitive so after the first week I quit doing it.

You'll be a dentist, you have a talent for causing things pain! Son be a dentist, people will pay to you be inhumane. Your temperament's wrong for the priesthood, and teaching would suit you still less! Son be a dentist... You'll be a success.

I once wrote an essay comparing and contrasting writing an essay, to going to the dentist.

That's all i have to say about the dentist.

I don't floss daily only because I feel as if I don't need to. I floss about once every two days.

I brush my teeth...a lot. After breakfast, lunch, and dinner, after I eat anything with a lot of sugar/garlic/onion, before I go anywhere and before bed, so...I probably average around 6 times a day? I'm kind of obsessive...

mg: That wears the enamel down on your teeth.

You'll be a dentist, you have a talent for causing things pain! Son be a dentist, people will pay to you be inhumane. Your temperament's wrong for the priesthood, and teaching would suit you still less! Son be a dentist... You'll be a success.

I thrill when he drills a bicuspid. Also, this is why I adore you, Livie.

Every time i hear that word(bicuspid), i always think of the Willy Wonka movie.

Raining: You know my friends keep asking me why I don't have a ring..

I love that song! But I don't know the English lyrics :P I always sing it in Icelandic. I mentioned this song to my classmates yesterday. Turns out none of them have heard of the musical. I was very shocked. And sad.

I haven't gone to the dentist since I was seven or eight, but I brush my teeth once when I first wake up, again when I get to school. If I eat breakfast, that's another time. Immediately after lunch, immediately after dinner, and once in the shower. If I drink a soda, immediately after that, too. If I eat anything with chocolate other than straight up chocolate (cake, brownies, the like) then I do it again. I floss twice a day--after lunch and before bed. I have never whitened my teeth.

I'm very glad this was one of the first threads I clicked on; if I start thinking about brushing my teeth, it bothers me if I can't.

I brush twice daily and try to floss daily, too. (I also use mouthwash twice daily, too. But that wasn't asked. :P ) And lastly, I have never had my teeth whitened.

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow. I don't mind the actual going, but my dentist is a prick.

I've never had an issue with the dentist. The guy I see is an old high school friend of my dad's, and he's a really cool guy.

My dentist is nice, she just pricks me :/

^Same for mine. She stabs me in the gums with a sharp object, then acts like it's my fault that I'm bleeding.

My dentist treats me like a little kid.

"Oooo, yay! It's time for Mr. Sucky, the thirsty straw! Are you ready for Mr. Sucky? Open wide! He's real thirsty." All said in a voice like she's talking to a baby. Jiminy Christmas, I hate it so darn much.

^ Open wide, Chick! This won't hurt at all! Lol, jk.

I never minded the dentist. I liked it when they poked my gums and it went all numb and stuff. Though when I knocked my tooth out, it really hurt and sucked.

I would love that, I am horrified of the dentist. Brushing your teeth after eating is recommended. The most tooth decay happens within 20 minutes after consuming something. That's why you should only drink water between meals. If you drink sweet fluids (that includes milk) throughout your day, your teeth are in a constant state of frenzied decay.

I would like to revive this ten year old thread to say that I had a dentist's appointment a couple weeks ago and my hygienist said that I had perfect brushing and flossing with no cavities. Thank you for your time.

Don't necropost in old threads. Leave them to die in peace. If the thread is further back than 5 or so pages, just create a new thread. Thread locked, but if ya'll want to discuss dental visits, feel free to create a new thread.

Forum > General Discussion > Going to the dentist