ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
Guns don't kill people, cigarettes sold with guns kill people.

Good thing that happened today: bought some cute new boots at Macy's since my old ones were leaky. Bad thing that happened today: someone stole my phone while I was trying on said cute new boots at Macy's.

RIP. That sucks, Zia. Well the phone stealing part. Cute boots are lit tho.

That would literally ruin my whole day to buy shoes that I really like, than have my phone stolen 💔
Sorry to hear that Zia .

What do you do when your phone gets stolen? It seems people have so much information stored on their devices, there is a lot of danger if someone figures out your password.

Maybe I just worry about that more because I choose really dumb passwords.

I don’t have a lot of personal stuff on my phone, but I’d be sad that my number wouldn’t have a 666 in it anymore. Really it’d be more a hassle/inconvenience than anything else. Definitely not like that for everyone though. Losing a phone could definitely ruin people for a while.

There's also the "new phones cost a thousand dollars" BS that has somehow become normalized.

gws said:
There's also the "new phones cost a thousand dollars" BS that has somehow become normalized.

Yeah, for real. It's insane. We really need someone to come out with the Chromebook of phones for those of us who aren't going to be playing mobile games or whatever and just want something that can handle basic web browsing and apps.

An emphasis on efficient design by app creators and website designers would also be helpful. It's stupid how apps get updated without providing any extra functionality and simply become slower for no reason.

I don’t have a lot of personal stuff on my phone, but I’d be sad that my number wouldn’t have a 666 in it anymore. Really it’d be more a hassle/inconvenience than anything else. Definitely not like that for everyone though. Losing a phone could definitely ruin people for a while.
evergreen said:
What do you do when your phone gets stolen? It seems people have so much information stored on their devices, there is a lot of danger if someone figures out your password.

Maybe I just worry about that more because I choose really dumb passwords.

I had a spot of good news yesterday! Since I'm still on my parents' plan (I just pay them directly to cut down on costs), it turns out we had theft insurance on the phone. It looks like it will only cost me somewhere between $100-$200ish to replace it. Still waiting to hear back from the insurance company, though - hoping my claim gets processed quickly...

Additionally, my phone has secure startup on it, so they pretty much stole a brick since I know they turned it off. Secure start-up gives you three shots to enter your password, then it bricks. Fortunately I didn't have anything irreplaceable on my phone.

Also, you're almost always able to transfer your number even with lost phones or when switching carriers. I won't have to change mine, happily.

You can get pretty solid smartphones for less than $200. There are some passable ones you can get for less than $100.

My family uses Cricket and I had a pretty solid phone that costed like $80.

Good news: insurance came through! My LG G6 will be replaced with an LG v40 Thinq phone. Deductible was $112, so not too terrible. I will likely have the new phone either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I know for a fact that three of my closest friends were single for Valentine's day (as was I), so I bought three boxes of that chalky "SweetHearts" candy for them, labeled "Friend #1", "Friend #2", and "Friend #3". I also put a $1 bill in one of the boxes, and a $5 bill in another. I'll let them pick their own boxes and let them openly see who got the most cash.

I think a core part of my personality is a strong desire for chaos and fighting.

I'd probably commit die if I got the one without money

I used to carry around a box of adhesive squares and stick things together sometimes. I've stuck locker doors shut, pennies to the floor, computer mice to desks, etc...
It's fun

Quarters to the floor; people still try to pick those up.

I pick up pennies on the floor

I ate a pizza with halapenos that I thought were green peppers and my butt still burns

O.o Okie tay then

I’m not particularly depressed at the moment, but I feel like I could use a hug.

The world could use more hugs. Like a lot more. Hugs are great.

Isn't that the truth.

lovely

I guess I should pour round up on this blooming negativity garden I have in my head. Or not. Fuck people, fuck hugs, fuck people again, fuck dudes, fuck addictions, fuck anyone who’s a fucker. That garden is really strong. I’m gonna need some more round up.

I’ve been drinking a bit so Idk how to take this, but are you ok??

Yeah bruh, I’m aight. Sometimes you just grow a huge garden full of naaaast and you gotta round up the fuck outta it every now and then. Round up ain’t effective in vivo though. I think I heard of some studies where they tried using round up for an antidepressant but apparently they all got cancer or something. Weird. Monsanto makes this other stuff called focusing on real life responsibilities and exercising and keeping your mind occupied and not getting distracted by nast. It’s kinda expensive and harder to use, but go Monsanto.
Tbh, it’s just that it’s 5:49am and I’m still awake. Oh god I said “still” awake.

I don’t mind being awake at this time. I feel like the world is asleep, -which I know scientifically speaking it’s not. I just love the feeling of being awake when everyone else is sleeping.

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts