ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
Wow this site got active

Yup. It's been pretty busy today specifically.

I wonder what happened

Oh, well, nothing much. There was a wedding, Our eyesight has collectively gotten worse.

That's about all that's really noteworthy, I think.

e-bag said:
That's about all that's really noteworthy, I think.

Subject 9-12 escaped from containment and very briefly endangered the corporeal plane after Blake misplaced a semicolon, but we managed to fix it. In the process of doing so, Greyseff had his timestream reversed yet again so his post count slipped further back into the negatives.

PoikiChoi said:
It’s very blurry

I hope your mom will be okay

Thank you :)

That's weird that mine is blurry, on my screen everyone else's is blurred except for a select few...

Yeah, weird. Maybe because you're PFP is brand new, it's not blurry?

That's true. How long have you had yours? I've been trying to guess what yours is for the longest time; it's always blurry.

Blake,

SPEAK.

Wtf is happening to our profile pictures?

That's true. How long have you had yours? I've been trying to guess what yours is for the longest time; it's always blurry.

I mean, somebody gave me this PFP a while ago, and I'm not even exactly sure when I got it.

Fair enough.

Also Poodonkus913's pfp isn't blurred for me, that much I will say.

KylIjoy said:
Greyseff had his timestream reversed yet again so his post count slipped further back into the negatives.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Grayseff.

Chick Corea died a few days ago, and it was announced this afternoon. He was such a massive influence on an entire generation of jazz musicians. He was 79.

Well, shit. That sucks. Time to go sit alone with the lights off and emotionally stare out a window while listening repeatedly to a bunch of different versions of Spain.

Help. I just had a realization during my math test

√(x3) = x * √(x)

For example the square root of 8 is 2√2

Yes, I believe that would be correct for any square root of a cube.

Yep. It's because sqrt(x) = x1/2, so x*sqrt(x)=x1x1/2=x3/2=sqrt(x3)

i dont understand a single thing u just said

Math™

You can treat roots as taking something to a fractional power. The other rules of power multiplication still apply.
So x5 = x2 * x3
Because x5 is just x*x*x*x*x. So it doesn't matter how you group them. (x*x)*(x*x*x).

Roots of things are just fractions of taking things to a power. So √x is just x1/2. Same thing for cube roots and whatever you call those four roots and five roots. So √(x3) = x31/2 = x3*(1/2) = x3/2.

From there, x3/2 = x1/2 * x2/2 = (√x) * x

That's cube thing is just a fancier way of writing xxx = xxx

Coldfrost said:
You can treat roots as taking something to a fractional power. The other rules of power multiplication still apply.
So x5 = x2 * x3
Because x5 is just x*x*x*x*x. So it doesn't matter how you group them. (x*x)*(x*x*x).

Roots of things are just fractions of taking things to a power. So √x is just x1/2. Same thing for cube roots and whatever you call those four roots and five roots. So √(x3) = x31/2 = x3*(1/2) = x3/2.

From there, x3/2 = x1/2 * x2/2 = (√x) * x

When Coldfrost is better at teaching math than my college algebra teacher

That actually made my jaw drop

Scoggles said:
Chick Corea died a few days ago, and it was announced this afternoon. He was such a massive influence on an entire generation of jazz musicians. He was 79.

Oh shit, that's sad to hear. I loved his stuff. Spain is one of my favorite jazz songs to this day.

I've gotten the urge to get into vinyl recently. Think I just need to keep telling myself I don't have space for all that crap and move on though.

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts