ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
Yeah, dude!

What is 10th grade maths like? When you say asymptotes I'm assuming epsilon-N proofs but not sure how formal it all is at that level.

I was first here in 9th grade.
And now I teach 9th graders.
And now the 10th graders follow me to here.
Truly there is no escape.

Jeez last time I was here I even had prospects for finishing my bachelor's.

... actually on that note I guess I'm qualified to help people who are asking about 10th grade math homework, but this time for free :B

So here's the thing.
Describing a transformation is to write the transformation in a way that shows what actually changes the function.

If you are to shift a function f(x) upward 1, you would simply write f(x)+1

This doesn't test an understanding of shapes so much as your understanding of how the cartesian plane (the grid everything is graphed on) connects to the algebra that underlies it.

So if you want to understand how to describe a transformation, what you need to make sure you understand first is how changing a function will adjust what happens to a graph of that function.

aw man i already submitted the assignment and left the transformation description stuff blank :/

thank you anyways, spore.

Well at any rate, it could pop up again. Sorry I didn't read your thing earlier.

you rang?

Is this 9th grade math Algebra I?

If so, I have EOCs for Algebra I and English I very soon. Along with 8th grade math, science, and social studies.

Note: I'm eighth grade and 14. Not in high school yet.

I was first here in 9th grade.
And now I teach 9th graders.
And now the 10th graders follow me to here.
Truly there is no escape.

Jeez last time I was here I even had prospects for finishing my bachelor's.

... actually on that note I guess I'm qualified to help people who are asking about 10th grade math homework, but this time for free :B

So here's the thing.
Describing a transformation is to write the transformation in a way that shows what actually changes the function.

If you are to shift a function f(x) upward 1, you would simply write f(x)+1

This doesn't test an understanding of shapes so much as your understanding of how the cartesian plane (the grid everything is graphed on) connects to the algebra that underlies it.

So if you want to understand how to describe a transformation, what you need to make sure you understand first is how changing a function will adjust what happens to a graph of that function.

That is something I truly understand. Is that 10th grade math? Or 9th grade? I have Algebra I in eighth grade which seems like 9th grade math to most people I know. But for me, I'm taking 9th grade in 8th grade.

it's 10th grade math. most people would probably be ahead of me at my age, though. i had to change schools and changing curriculums meant i was recommended to take the same class two years in a row. the class is officially titled "algebra 2 gt."

every school is different.

W_Licky said:
I have Algebra I in eighth grade

Again, what the fuck was my school doing?

We did Algebra I in the seventh, Alg II/I & Geo I in the eight, Geo II & Trig I in ninth, Alg II/II & Trig II in tenth, Analytical Mathematics and AP Calc A in eleventh, and AP Calc BC & Multivariable Calc in twelfth.

Seriously, why are we being pushed so far if everyone else is a year behind us?

speed

they were speedrunning education

Your math courses seem to be the same as our state's math and science school. So they must be pretty confident in the people taking the classes.

Which also means I know people who took what you took in high school, just not in a normal public school. I was recommended to apply to that school but I'm pretty happy I stayed at my public school I think.

Titan's, on the other hand, is pretty normal for taking Algebra II in 10th grade. Besides, different schools and states have different orders that different things are taught. But I'm not entirely sure we did much in the way of transformations in the first place when I was in highschool at all, nor did we really even talk about matrices, which I see kids today doing (though not that much)

However I also know kids who did matrices didn't study how to evaluate a sequence. They're changing things all the time, honestly.

it should be worth noting that (by my estimates) around half or more of students are taking precalc in 10th grade. i'm behind for the most part. my class is largely dominated by 9th graders. hell, the only other students going to class in person with me are 9th graders in algebra 2.

On Friday I had my first college visit and discovered that I could quite literally attend college for free with my grades, which was some great news. It was quite literally the perfect fit for me with what I want to study and spiritually, plus it's far enough away from home where I feel like I can have my own life away from home.

Yesterday was also prom so that was a lot of fun. It was kind of funny because my date and my friend were talking and dancing together the whole time so I just had a good time talking to my friend's date. We all went as friends anyway, but I'm 99% sure that they like each other even if they don't want to admit it, which makes me happy for them :) at the same time stop beating around the bush goshdang

I haven't been online in forever so I have a lot to say in case you haven't noticed

congrats!

everyone who ever bought an ocarina played 3 6-note melodies on it before never touching it again

my approach to reading fanfiction is similar to my approach to watching anime. i'll probably force myself to view the really crappy ones because i hate myself like that :p

is alfanewmerik taken? 🤔

Not from what I could find

is alfanewmerik taken? 🤔

Boop

i meant in a committed relationship

Oh man I’m back. Also why are guinea pigs so disproportionate they look like nature’s jellybean

So my science teacher is litterally spiting our class. He got tired of all the crap the "cool kids" were giving him

We have to make a car out of all recycled materials, and it has to roll 25 feet after going down a small ramp. We have only a few days in class to work on it. 90% of our class are a wee bit slow and also. they all screw around in class. There is one other car that i think will work besides ours. It is a 50 point assignment, 30 points come from daily work habits and how it performs in the test. Most groups will get 10 points out of 30 in that aspect. I am not 100 percent confident in our car even either. 25 feet is really far, even tho we over engineered it.

Kylljoy said:
We did Algebra I in the seventh, Alg II/I & Geo I in the eight, Geo II & Trig I in ninth, Alg II/II & Trig II in tenth, Analytical Mathematics and AP Calc A in eleventh, and AP Calc BC & Multivariable Calc in twelfth.

Is this unusual? That's what my school did. I don't know about AP, though. We don't have that here.

The school I was in before I moved had alg 1 in 9th, geom in 10th, alg 2 in 11th, and precalc in 12th, though you had the option of an accelerated track that was a year ahead of that schedule.

The school I'm in now has that accelerated track as the default, but the order of everything is the same.

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts